IC London O2 Suite Eligible for Ambassador Upgrade?

Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
IC London O2 Suite Eligible for Ambassador Upgrade?

I have a City Intercontiental Suite booked for 2 nights at the IC London O2. I recently read the list of exclusions - perhaps I am being dense but I don't understand it.

With this room does that make it ineligible for an upgrade, and if so would I be better booking the King Deluxe Suite and getting an upgrade on this?

Exclusions are

The Penthouse, 1 bedroom Club InterContinental Suite, 2 bedrooms Club InterContinental Suite
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by parklife
I have a City Intercontiental Suite booked for 2 nights at the IC London O2. I recently read the list of exclusions - perhaps I am being dense but I don't understand it.

With this room does that make it ineligible for an upgrade, and if so would I be better booking the King Deluxe Suite and getting an upgrade on this?

Exclusions are

The Penthouse, 1 bedroom Club InterContinental Suite, 2 bedrooms Club InterContinental Suite
Apart from the exclusions there is now the broader IC issue for AMB/RA of no upgrades beyond certain suites.

The Deluxe Suite as you probably know is not really a suite at all it is a rather nice room with decent space and a sofa of varying layouts the best being **01 and **02 rooms on the higher floors.

The One bed suites also come in a variety of layouts and actually sizes, ranging from enormous to decently sized.

The best value point at this property for an AMB is thus probably to book a deluxe suite and get the upgrade to a proper suite.
parklife likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Apart from the exclusions there is now the broader IC issue for AMB/RA of no upgrades beyond certain suites.

The Deluxe Suite as you probably know is not really a suite at all it is a rather nice room with decent space and a sofa of varying layouts the best being **01 and **02 rooms on the higher floors.

The One bed suites also come in a variety of layouts and actually sizes, ranging from enormous to decently sized.

The best value point at this property for an AMB is thus probably to book a deluxe suite and get the upgrade to a proper suite.
Thank you - I think I will switch and save some money then !!!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

So on looking to switch I save £20 and lose club access. I will keep an eye on the rates otherwise will stick with the current reservation!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by parklife
So on looking to switch I save £20 and lose club access. I will keep an eye on the rates otherwise will stick with the current reservation!
Usually at least £100 difference, odd.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Usually at least £100 difference, odd.
Should have mentioned that I am using the ambassador BOGOF voucher. The Friday night is £20 difference, the Sunday which is the free night is £100. So for the sake of £20 I may as well stick - I have previously cancelled and rebooked as the rate dropped by £50 per night.

EDIT - just checked and the suite I have booked has gone up in price, and is now spot on £100 difference per night - I must have been lucky!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.