FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG signs deal with Mr. & Mr. Smith similar to Hyatt and SLHnd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1988448-ihg-signs-deal-mr-mr-smith-similar-hyatt-slhnd.html)

christianj Sep 23, 2019 6:04 am

IHG signs deal with Mr. & Mr. Smith similar to Hyatt and SLHnd

Interesting! They've got my attention if this works similar to the Hyatt deal with SLH. I however doubt this will work the same way as Hyatt were they assign a category to the hotel and you can book award nights there. Since there are a lot of hotel bookable under Mr. & Mrs. Smith that also belong to other chains, I would assume they are going to assign a $ value (or cent value) to each IHG point and then you can use points in that manner which likely will make the partnership much less attractive......sort of like an Accor redemption. Only time will tell!

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...ers/mrmrssmith

demue Sep 23, 2019 6:24 am

Interesting, I agree. A bit thin on the details so far, but let's see what comes out of this. More properties with redemption values over 100k seems a given, but could still be worth it.

taecu Sep 23, 2019 6:36 am

Super B!

More Properties in Santorini + +

I think redeem point not over 100K.

Vitriol01 Sep 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Chances of being able to redeem at Post Ranch Inn or Amangiri?!

BigNormA350 Sep 24, 2019 10:41 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 31553681)
Interesting, I agree. A bit thin on the details so far, but let's see what comes out of this. More properties with redemption values over 100k seems a given, but could still be worth it.

I just had a look at their website.... they have crazy properties in the Maldives

I’m about to downgrade from the Crowne Plaza to the holiday inn... and start booking with the 5,000/10,000 bonus points on the cheap

I do that... by New Years I’m gonna have like 600,000... and then there’s accelerate

Dreamworks Nov 8, 2019 8:10 am

Any update on the properties that will be available from Mr. and Mrs. Smith? Or do we think that's coming in January?

davidw70 Dec 11, 2019 3:48 pm

The hotels are starting to appear on the IHG App - no availability at present that I can see. Some great locations, e.g. Chewton Glen in the New Forest, Devon, Lake District, Lake Como, Stockholm, Seville, Dubrovnik, etc.

mnredfox Dec 14, 2019 11:16 am

Not bookable yet but pretty awesome ski locations:

CO:
Aspen
Telluride
Crested Butte/Almont
Vail

UT:
Park City

WY:
Jackson Hole

Japan:
Niseko

Can’t wait for these places to become bookable.

d20513 Dec 14, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing! Will look forward to following.

MikeFromTokyo Dec 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Very interesting. I wonder what the IHG point earning potential will be for these hotels as well, if booked on paid stays.

Now, I think Marriott should go after an LHW partnership.

Dav77 Dec 31, 2019 1:35 am

There are very nice property in Bali also

I hope there will be any possibility to book anything by points starting from Genuary

Dubh Dec 31, 2019 2:51 am

There is Villa Rosmarino in Camogli (near Portofino) showing now as a Genoa search option. As with the others, not bookable yet.

mnredfox Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm

So the property in Aspen had now disappeared for all 2020 dates, wonder if this is a good sign or not. Was hoping to access for this year.

ARR72 Jan 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Anyone have any ideas on the time frame (when booking will become available)?

Dav77 Jan 19, 2020 1:39 pm

I think neither IHG knows ...