FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG signs deal with Mr. & Mr. Smith similar to Hyatt and SLHnd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1988448-ihg-signs-deal-mr-mr-smith-similar-hyatt-slhnd.html)

craigthemif Sep 22, 2020 5:19 am

The issue may not be at the IHG end. Each individual Mr and Mrs Smith hotel probably needs to invest in the systems and processes to handle IHG members. Obviously there are bigger issues at the moment, regardless of which part of the world you are located...

Dav77 Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

I think it’s a joke. Nothing else

no one merger program required so long time

probably they are clown 🤡

ninjalad Sep 24, 2020 6:11 am

I had a look at Mr&Mrs Smith website for a stay in October, all hotel where I will be are closed ! It seems that they opened for a few months over Summer and are now closing again until next year
Maybe there will be more developments in ‘21

Kagehitokiri Sep 24, 2020 12:26 pm

i'm skeptical re "500" of "1200" hotels, but it may be the case that about 700 properties are very expensive and wont participate at least in redemption, maybe some will offer earning but not redemption as mr and mrs smith does already offer 3% cashback to members paying $150+ per year

presumably deal is entirely suspended during current chaos, if mr and mrs smith is not extremely low operating expenses they may not survive

Martellus Sep 29, 2020 11:33 am

I'm honestly more interested in the Six Senses integration, which I guess has been ongoing for 1.5 years with nary a peep? At least give us *some* information, IHG...

EP33 Sep 29, 2020 6:37 pm

They definitely haven't given up... in fact, individual property websites are now fully loaded except for the availability...

Compliments of the house are kinda weak tho.

Raffles Sep 30, 2020 1:36 am

IHG will be paying full rates to the hotels on Smith redemptions (this is fact, not a guess). Given IHG’s current financial state do you seriously expect them to turn on the taps when they can otherwise keep paying hotels $25-$75?

FlyingMoonwards Sep 30, 2020 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 32710957)
IHG will be paying full rates to the hotels on Smith redemptions (this is fact, not a guess). Given IHG’s current financial state do you seriously expect them to turn on the taps when they can otherwise keep paying hotels $25-$75?

It seems unlikely to me that redemptions are the sticking point because IHG haven't even loaded the ability to book these hotels for cash via their website. I'd have thought that would be a revenue-raiser.

FLYGVA Oct 7, 2020 4:39 am

The hotels are now bookable on IHG. Therefore a new thread was started in regard to the integration and it procedure. This thread could be found here.

This thread will be closed

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum