FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG signs deal with Mr. & Mr. Smith similar to Hyatt and SLHnd (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1988448-ihg-signs-deal-mr-mr-smith-similar-hyatt-slhnd.html)

paulieccc Feb 5, 2020 10:36 am

Into February now and still all of these hotels say "Coming Soon"... Come on IHG, give us an update at least.

336 Feb 5, 2020 11:29 am

You'll get your update just after they announce their promised additional Spire benefits.

FFlash Feb 6, 2020 3:14 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 32036223)
You'll get your update just after they announce their promised additional Spire benefits.

LOL!

zakami Feb 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 32036223)

Lol

ernestnywang Feb 14, 2020 7:58 am

I sent IHG an email but they told me they don't know when Mr. & Mrs. Smith will be bookable on IHG yet.

Zhaunk Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm

The Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur had been listed as “Coming Soon”. It does not appear in search this evening. :-(

DavidDTW Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 32071582)
I sent IHG an email but they told me they don't know when Mr. & Mrs. Smith will be bookable on IHG yet.

Bummer. I've been waiting for the Berns in Stockholm to open up for a points booking later this year.

Raffles Feb 27, 2020 5:12 am

You should be aware that, as far as I can tell from my discussions with IHG, it will be paying close to standard rates for redemption rooms. Remember that it isn't even contracting directly with the hotels - it is dealing with an intermediary agency, in this case Mr & Mrs Smith. This compares to the $20-$75 that a hotel gets on a standard IHG redemption night if the hotel is not 95% full.

This would mean either:

a) substantially higher redemption rates than the current 70,000 points cap for hotels where the room cost is higher than IHG's internal value of those points, or

b) IHG taking a substantial loss on each booking compared to its existing internal book value of those points

Obviously one of these outcomes is more likely than the other. That said, Hyatt 'only' created a 40,000 point band for Small Luxury Hotels.

Dav77 Feb 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 32071582)

ridicoulos answer.

gottaluvNW Jul 1, 2020 6:06 am

Any updates on when these properties will be bookable with IHG points?

exploreaswego Jul 1, 2020 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 32118169)
You should be aware that, as far as I can tell from my discussions with IHG, it will be paying close to standard rates for redemption rooms. Remember that it isn't even contracting directly with the hotels - it is dealing with an intermediary agency, in this case Mr & Mrs Smith. This compares to the $20-$75 that a hotel gets on a standard IHG redemption night if the hotel is not 95% full.

This would mean either:

a) substantially higher redemption rates than the current 70,000 points cap for hotels where the room cost is higher than IHG's internal value of those points, or

b) IHG taking a substantial loss on each booking compared to its existing internal book value of those points

Obviously one of these outcomes is more likely than the other. That said, Hyatt 'only' created a 40,000 point band for Small Luxury Hotels.

Yup, this probably why IHG already introduced dynamic pricing into the system.
It's a only a matter of time we'll see rates beyond the 70k, maybe even reaching 100k (or more) like the Intercontinental Maldives.

Super Mario Aug 2, 2020 8:27 pm

Still waiting to hear on this. I really was hoping for a decent point stay in Islamorada

flyertalker28120 Aug 4, 2020 4:24 pm

Man, they did announce this one prematurely. It's annoying some searches yield a bunch of Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties which you simply cannot book via IHG as of right now.

mnredfox Aug 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 32577196)
Still waiting to hear on this. I really was hoping for a decent point stay in Islamorada

yeah me too, they originally showed up as coming soon close to a year ago but nada still....

taffygrrl Sep 22, 2020 4:22 am

Mr. and Mrs. Smith now bookable on IHG

I recognize COVID-19 is just awful in the Northern Hemisphere. But a lot of these properties are in countries in Asia, Australia and NZ where things are actually going OK. Has IHG just put off this integration for the foreseeable future, or is it likely to happen sometime soon?