Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Benefits on Multiple IHG cards?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:15 am
SBT
Original Poster

Combining Benefits on Multiple IHG cards?

I don't know if Credit Card offers fall within this domain, but here goes:
IHG has a very good offer on its Credit Card through Chase. 125,000 points after charging $3000 within 3 months, 4th night free on Hotel point redemptions, anniversary free night, 25X points using the card for hotel stays, etc. for an $89 annual fee
The old IHG card has a S49 annual fee, with a free anniversary night and a 10% rebate on point redemptions. So my questions are:
1. Could I receive two free nights paying the annual fee on each card?
2. Redeem an award for 3 nights at 30,000 points per night, receive a 10% rebate, Total cost 81,000 points.
3. Redeem the same award for 4 nights, getting the fourth night free AND a 10% rebate, Total cost 81,000 points.
Thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:38 am

Yes to all 3.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by SBT
I don't know if Credit Card offers fall within this domain, but here goes:
IHG has a very good offer on its Credit Card through Chase. 125,000 points after charging $3000 within 3 months, 4th night free on Hotel point redemptions, anniversary free night, 25X points using the card for hotel stays, etc. for an $89 annual fee
The old IHG card has a S49 annual fee, with a free anniversary night and a 10% rebate on point redemptions. So my questions are:
1. Could I receive two free nights paying the annual fee on each card?
2. Redeem an award for 3 nights at 30,000 points per night, receive a 10% rebate, Total cost 81,000 points.
3. Redeem the same award for 4 nights, getting the fourth night free AND a 10% rebate, Total cost 81,000 points.
Thank you.
I recommend applying via a bogus reservation first. Start a reservation, eventually you should see a link for the 125k offer PLUS a $50 statement credit. The offe appears the same for everything except the extra statement credit, so why not?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by baroqen
I recommend applying via a bogus reservation first. Start a reservation, eventually you should see a link for the 125k offer PLUS a $50 statement credit. The offe appears the same for everything except the extra statement credit, so why not?
There are also direct links out there to the 125k +$50 offer, for example at Doctor of Credit.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
In addition to the above, keep in mind that compared with Marriott and Hilton, the free night occurs after four rather than five nights. I find it a lot easier to book four nights at a hotel, and as a result, have frequently taken advantage of IHG award nights, such as a recently completed four-night stay at an HIX that was on the PB list at 15K per night. When the dust settles, I will have expended 40,500 points for four nights at a hotel that was full when I was there and charging close to $200 per night for a room.

Also keep in mind that the free nights for both cards are now capped at properties at 40K or less. That can be an issue when you look at properties in larger cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.