Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Grand Roatán Resort and Spa Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Kimpton Grand Roatán Resort and Spa Master Thread

I'm very interested in this new acquisition as West Bay in Roatan is one of my favorite destinations. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve with a few hundred thousand points -- can I convert these to IHG points in anticipation of redeeming at this new hotel? Is redemption with Kimpton hotels generally a difficult process? We have around 500,000 Hilton points and they can be difficult to use as the nicer hotels cost around 120,000/night for a standard room. We anticipate redeeming our Hilton points on the Big Island next year for around 60,000/night. I'd be happy if I could somehow utilize my CSR points to book even 2-3 nights at this new hotel in Roatan.

https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...d-opening-2021
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by fishee
I'm very interested in this new acquisition as West Bay in Roatan is one of my favorite destinations. I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve with a few hundred thousand points -- can I convert these to IHG points in anticipation of redeeming at this new hotel? Is redemption with Kimpton hotels generally a difficult process? We have around 500,000 Hilton points and they can be difficult to use as the nicer hotels cost around 120,000/night for a standard room. We anticipate redeeming our Hilton points on the Big Island next year for around 60,000/night. I'd be happy if I could somehow utilize my CSR points to book even 2-3 nights at this new hotel in Roatan.

https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...d-opening-2021
Yes you can transfer the points. But that far off you should get a couple Chase IHG cards. Hit the spend and you will have a huge lot of points. Plus the card gives you 4th night free if you book 3 nights on points.

Redeeming IHG points with Kimpton not an issue. I use IHG.com when I book.

With your Hilton points you can stay 5 nights in the Waldorf Maldives and still have 20K points left over

TD
Steven NH/BOS likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Anyone have info on when in 2023 it will open?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Mods, please rename this thread Kimpton Grand Roatán Resort and Spa and designate it as a master thread now that the website is online at the attached link.

khaah
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:33 am

Looks like hotel is now open to reservations.
120k pts per night seems very high though.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Looks like hotel is now open to reservations.
120k pts per night seems very high though.
there are some 120k nights but know I see mid 50k for most nights.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm planning a trip here in January. There's a 30% "Grand Opening Offer" discount link HERE (the hotel's website).I've tried using the link, but when I click on it I see do a 30% discounted rate for the system default dates. I then change the dates to my dates of travel and the discount is no longer shown. Perhaps you will have better luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.