FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Ambassador Sign up 15K Points promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1983780-ambassador-sign-up-15k-points-promo.html)

archstenton Aug 20, 19 12:18 pm

Ambassador Sign up 15K Points promo

Got an email about signing up for Ambassador(Which I've been thinking of doing again).

Promo is 15,000 points back which I've think they've done similar in the past.

**Bonus points may require up to 6 weeks to be deposited into your account. Only valid for non-Ambassador programme members. Must sign up and pay for Ambassador membership between 20/8/19 and 30/8/19 to qualify for the 15,000 bonus points. These points are not Elite qualifying and will not count towards status in IHG® Rewards Club.
In the past, instead of paying but redeeming points to purchase the program did anyone still get the points?, i.e. if only 25,000 points to join I would do that method based on my points accumulation.

milty908 Aug 20, 19 1:56 pm

Same question here. Although either way it would be $125 in point value.

leland Aug 24, 19 12:29 pm

I got this as well and have same question :)

Plus additional question - does Ambassador sign up still give you Spire renewal these days? I remember that as a hack from prior threads, although I probably won't need the help this year.

rbAA Aug 24, 19 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by archstenton (Post 31436563)
Got an email about signing up for Ambassador(Which I've been thinking of doing again).

In the past, instead of paying but redeeming points to purchase the program did anyone still get the points?, i.e. if only 25,000 points to join I would do that method based on my points accumulation.

AMB renewal is usually $200 annually with the 15k bonus, 10% award rebate (up to 100,000 points rebated,) and the BOGO. I always wait until the last minute, but this is the best deal I've gotten. Definitely worth the $200, especially since I use a lot of award nights. Burning those points before they can devalue them again. And the BOGO is usually saves about $200 by itself, even with the higher rates charged for AMB Cert rates. Plus, it rolls my Spire status over for another year without having to do the 75 nights.

HHonors OUTSIDER Aug 24, 19 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by archstenton (Post 31436563)

Is your email about signing up as a new Ambassador or renewing your current Ambassador membership?

tinkybelle Aug 25, 19 1:21 pm

none of my family accounts got this offer unfortunately

leland Aug 25, 19 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER (Post 31453439)

Is your email about signing up as a new Ambassador or renewing your current Ambassador membership?

My email is for a new member.

Have an IC stay coming up end of next week. If I bite any idea how long it takes to take effect?

leland Aug 29, 19 6:21 pm

Update: In a foolish moment I bit on this as have an IC coming up this weekend. We'll see what an upgrade in a ratty old IC looks like :)

1) Instantly am a Spire Ambassador and the certificate instantly available (although no space for this weekend)
2) Points posted as 0 - sent an email to complain
3) Spire status still shows expiring 2019 so either that will change later or that feature/bug is ended

Paid cash so didn't test using points, although that would have been my preference.

puchong Aug 29, 19 9:46 pm

Does this apply only to members who were targeted and received this promo e-mail, or does it apply to others as well. Does anyone have a link for the promo?