Kimpton Naranta Bali - Nusa Dua (Never Opening)

Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:19 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Kimpton Naranta Bali - Nusa Dua (Never Opening)

Hey folks, realize that the Kimpton folks here aren't as enthusiastic about new hotel openings as the other loyalty program members, as I don't see much discussion on this. This one really peeked my interest, Bali is one of our favorite vacay destinations, and we've come to really enjoy most of our stays at the Kimpton portfolio, it will be really nice to see how the brand will carry through.

https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...urants-to-asia
A luxury and lifestyle sanctuary on the island of the gods, Bali
The first Kimpton located in Southeast Asia, Kimpton Bali, opening in 2019, will feature 50 luxurious villas and sits on the picturesque Nusa Dua coast. The new designed hotel blends with the local Balinese culture delivering guests a personalized experience that is both authentic and reflective of the ancient culture.
It is scheduled to open in 2019, but we are already entering the 3rd quarter of the year, any insiders know if the property will open as scheduled or will be facing some delays?

The official hotel page can be found here, but not much details has been disclosed about its opening date yet..
remymartin and FLYGVA like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: NZ
In typical Bali fashion expect delays with the opening.
355F1 and bluestrudels like this.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know the latest for this hotel?
Old May 27, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone know the latest for this hotel?
https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...hotels-in-bali

The link above says "grand opening 2021"...

unfortunately, thats all ive got
Old May 28, 2020, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not surprising given the situation in Bali at the moment. It'll take long enough for the existing hotels to come back online, let alone the new ones.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:01 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Social Media has taken hold of the handle Kimpton Naranta Bali for facebook and IG.
https://www.facebook.com/KimptonNarantaBali/
#KimptonNarantaBali

It seems like an all villa property, but it's visibly built on the cliff overlooking a golf course. So expect this resort to not be a beach access property..

Looks like a scheduled opening for Q2 2021.

Not much info has been released yet..

Last edited by exploreaswego; Feb 23, 2021 at 9:44 pm
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Looks like a scheduled opening for Q2 2021.

Not much info has been released yet..
Looks like they're saying July 1, 2021 now. I'm not able to see dates and rates yet, but they have a calendar now on the IHG site.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well I can see it now coming up in the search results for Bali hotels with an indicated opening date of 1 August 2021, but no inventory & rates seem to have been be loaded yet so no idea on cash & points rates. Given it is apparently all villas (50) only this could be interesting option on points if reasonable, but to be seen. Location isn't my favourite down in Benoa / Nusa Dua, but seems reasonably close to the toll road over the water that allows quick access to other parts of BAli and bypasses at least some of the jams on the roads leading up from Jimbaran. YMMV.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Kimpton Naranta is built on the site partially making up of the former Amanusa Hotel. The main building is apparently renovated from the former Amanusa facilities and main pool building.
stkbrkr likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 9:07 pm

Some live pictures from the Kimpton Naranta has popped up on some travel agency websites.

Old May 14, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
While I'm not so keen on the area, potentially getting a villa with pool on points could make it an interesting option to be tried out at least. Let's see as for now no availability seems to have been loaded yet.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 9:09 am

Now Available for Booking

It appears the hotel has loaded the room availabilities for stays beginning December 01, 2021. The nightly prices starts at 776 USD for an entry level Garden Villa, 816 USD after taxes...

Not going to lie but this is way above what I was expecting them to charge... at that price I'd rather stay at the neighbouring Aman Villas...
stkbrkr likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
It appears the hotel has loaded the room availabilities for stays beginning December 01, 2021. The nightly prices starts at 776 USD for an entry level Garden Villa, 816 USD after taxes...

Not going to lie but this is way above what I was expecting them to charge... at that price I'd rather stay at the neighbouring Aman Villas...
Absolutely. The only benefit here is the ability to use points... Is there a way to book higher level rooms with IHG points? (ie the pool suites)
Old May 29, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by stkbrkr
Absolutely. The only benefit here is the ability to use points... Is there a way to book higher level rooms with IHG points? (ie the pool suites)
unfortunately not as far as I can see...
Old May 30, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by clubeurope

The intersection of location and price give this place an awkward appeal in a very competitive market.

.... which bodes well for RAs seeking redemption nights
clubeurope likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.