Wiki Posts
Search

4x points not awarded for IHG hotel stays

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
4x points not awarded for IHG hotel stays

I thought it had all been going too well with my Creation IHG black Rewards Mastercard! The calculation of points has been extremely accurate, until this month! Having had 3 HIEx stays recently, one was a repeat stay at the same hotel, I find that 1 stay has received the 4 x IHG points, but the other 2 have merely been awarded 2x points.

I know Holiday Inn Express hotels are individual franchises, but surely this should not have any effect? The only thing that leaps out at me from the statement is that some debits appear as "HIEx" and others as "By HIEx". Any thoughts please? TIA.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Priority Club
Originally Posted by igc324
I thought it had all been going too well with my Creation IHG black Rewards Mastercard! The calculation of points has been extremely accurate, until this month! Having had 3 HIEx stays recently, one was a repeat stay at the same hotel, I find that 1 stay has received the 4 x IHG points, but the other 2 have merely been awarded 2x points.

I know Holiday Inn Express hotels are individual franchises, but surely this should not have any effect? The only thing that leaps out at me from the statement is that some debits appear as "HIEx" and others as "By HIEx". Any thoughts please? TIA.
It's regularly hit and miss for me. I just need to find the time to take it up with Creation so they can credit the points I should have earned. I think I have had goodwill gestures in the past, but it was a while ago. I have found them reasonable enough to deal with when raising an issue, they try and sort it before it hits their complaints procedures.

Good luck

UKD
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Thanks for the reply. I always entitle the query "Complaint" and they never get back to me within the 8 weeks deadline. A £50 goodwill payment will mysteriously appear on my account, and then a week later a letter of apology arrives, hoping this will dissuade me from going to the FOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.