Wiki Posts
Search

10% Award Rebate Not Being Credited

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

10% Award Rebate Not Being Credited

Anyone experiencing this?

Had two award redemptions. One at the very beginning of June, and one towards the end of June. Haven't received the 10% points rebate yet that I am entitled to with my Ambassador level that I purchased.

Best way to deal with this?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a similar situation (checked out June 16; 3 night award stay). Received the 10% from the credit card about 2 weeks ago, but moving yet from ambassador. Contacted them last week. They responded that I should allow 8 weeks (so essentially by mid August, eventhough the terms & conds indicate 4-6 weeks). Anyway I said I’d hold off contacting them until August again if the points don’t appear. I think you need to give if another week or so, but once it hits the 8 week mark, they need to look into it on your behalf, good luck
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Some folks seem to get lucky and the 10% AMB discount posts later automatically. For me that never happened and the usual route is to raise a retroactive points claim after 8+w weeks with IHG Support. Very annoying, but alas we are talking IHG here so no surprise.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've had it where I contacted them after eight weeks, they posted the points, and the points showed up later on their own
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've never had 10% rebate points post automatically. I have to keep a list of rewards stays and then file a missing points request after 8 weeks every time. Really annoying.
tdcao likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:49 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Anyone experiencing this?

Had two award redemptions. One at the very beginning of June, and one towards the end of June. Haven't received the 10% points rebate yet that I am entitled to with my Ambassador level that I purchased.

Best way to deal with this?
It's been that way for me the past two years. I call the AMB CS line and they post immediately.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
It's been that way for me the past two years. I call the AMB CS line and they post immediately.
Do you wait 8 weeks to call the AMB CS line?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
This is a complete pain to keep track of. I didn't look closely for a time as they seemed to post but can see I am still waiting for all of the rebate points to post from stays from December 2018. For a while they seemed to post automatically (although with no consistent timing) and then, from a point last year, none have posted.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:56 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Do you wait 8 weeks to call the AMB CS line?
Usually, as that eliminates the excuse that it takes 8 weeks. Last time I called I had 5 stays that were 8 weeks old+ but they even credited the one I had just 4 weeks earlier, so they can take care of these before the 8 weeks if they ant.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I have been also keeping a list and then after 2 months of negotiations over email /CS got them posted. Used to be easier before.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
One would think that for a feature that is now default for (paid) AMB renewal, IHG would manage to fix this auto posting issue of the 10% AMB rebate. Alas, the garbage has been going on for years and it almost is like a scammer scheme as I'm certain a whole bunch of people forget about it and never claim.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Called in and got the rebate for one of my stays in June. The other stay they need me to wait a few more weeks. Asinine.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Called to get this fixed and they were okay with manually adding the points once they reviewed my account. They were slightly confused because I had 3-back to back reward nights for 70,000 points. After about 30 minutes, they did credit me the 10% back.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Exclamation Maybe problem with 10% rebate, if you have Premier card

I stayed last month on points. After a few weeks I sent a message to IHG that I did not get yet my 10% points rebate.
They answered that it takes 6 weeks "provided that you used your Select Card to book this stay, instead of Premier Card".
I have both the Select card (old) and the Premier card. The card in my IHG acct is the Premier card.
Does this mean that I will not get the 10% rebate points even that there was NO charge to my card for the stay?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
I stayed last month on points. After a few weeks I sent a message to IHG that I did not get yet my 10% points rebate.
They answered that it takes 6 weeks "provided that you used your Select Card to book this stay, instead of Premier Card".
I have both the Select card (old) and the Premier card. The card in my IHG acct is the Premier card.
Does this mean that I will not get the 10% rebate points even that there was NO charge to my card for the stay?
First I have heard of that condition. I would guess the person answering the message is mistaken; maybe that's the official policy somewhere but it's never operated that way. Does seem to take about 6 weeks though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.