Wiki Posts
Search

Ibotta app 10% IHG Cashback

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Ibotta app 10% IHG Cashback

I tried this for the first time tonight (I normally use - as of the time of this post - Mr Rebates 6% or Ebates (Rakuten) 4%). Within less than 1 hour after booking, I got an email specifying the amount of cashback that I would be getting at the completion of the stay. I also qualified for a promo they are running this weekend for $5 cashback on a $20 or more online store of any kind (in a push notification and it is also showing on the app). Since the IATA # was not listed during the app transaction, I wasn't sure if this going to pay out but I wanted to give it a chance since it is only for a 1-night stay on 6/30 and a rate under $85.

I use Ibotta frequently for grocery store item cashback so I certainly trust them.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:45 am

Is Ibotta just a cashback partner?

Or are you saying that you can get cashback, while booking through the IHG app?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 336
Is Ibotta just a cashback partner?

Or are you saying that you can get cashback, while booking through the IHG app?
No. You book your IHG reservation through the Ibotta app, acting as portal to the IHG website, to get cashback from your IHG reservation. Not unlike using Mr. Rebates or Rakuten (former Ebates) app.

On a $82.79 rate, I will be getting back $13.79 cashback from Ibotta. $8.79 (10%) + $5 for Ibotta's $5 on $20 or more online store promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.