FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Club Lounges - Best Bubbles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1972873-club-lounges-best-bubbles.html)

DonPedro Jun 6, 2019 4:51 am

Club Lounges - Best Bubbles

Greetings from Hong Kong.

The lounge here serves Perrier Jouet - a lovely champagne. The only other club I know of that serves it is Park Lane London.

Which IC club lounges serve quality bubbles?

The Grand Stanford here in HKG offers Moët....and I do remember liking the Hungarian bubbles in Budapest.

Paris Le Grand on the other hand - although available all day - is woeful. Thank heavens for the Cassis.

Raynyan Jun 6, 2019 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DonPedro (Post 31175713)
Greetings from Hong Kong.

The lounge here serves Perrier Jouet - a lovely champagne. The only other club I know of that serves it is Park Lane London.

Which IC club lounges serve quality bubbles?

The Grand Stanford here in HKG offers Moët....and I do remember liking the Hungarian bubbles in Budapest.

Paris Le Grand on the other hand - although available all day - is woeful. Thank heavens for the Cassis.

As far as I know, below IC properties serve free flow geniune Champagne at Club Lounge or Breakfast time;

London Park Lane: Moët Chandon
Paris Le Grand: Nicolas Feuillatte
Amstel Amsterdam: Moët Chandon (in the breakfast only)
Dubai Festival City: Moët Chandon
Osaka: Louis Roederer
ANA Tokyo: now G.H. Mumm (Yearly rotation from G.H. Mumm, Louis Roederer, Nicolas Feuillatte, Piper-Heidsieck, and Moët Chandon)
Strings Tokyo: Everytime different, but geniune Champagne
ANA Manza Beach Resort: Periodical rotation choice from G.H. Mumm, Louis Roederer, and Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin

Land-of-Miles Jun 7, 2019 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 31178298)

As far as I know, below IC properties serve free flow geniune Champagne at Club Lounge or Breakfast time;

London Park Lane: Moët Chandon
Paris Le Grand: Nicolas Feuillatte
Amstel Amsterdam: Moët Chandon (in the breakfast only)
Dubai Festival City: Moët Chandon
Osaka: Louis Roederer
ANA Tokyo: now G.H. Mumm (Yearly rotation from G.H. Mumm, Louis Roederer, Nicolas Feuillatte, Piper-Heidsieck, and Moët Chandon)
Strings Tokyo: Everytime different, but geniune Champagne
ANA Manza Beach Resort: Periodical rotation choice from G.H. Mumm, Louis Roederer, and Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin

The IC PL switched from Moet some time ago to Perrier Jouet.

I am not sure that any generic NV fizz is that great but as far as it goes I prefer Bollinger which I have never had served at an IC.

#1son Jun 8, 2019 6:41 am

Crowne Plaza Fira Centre in Barcelona serves Mumm's or Moet

IC Frankfurt serves Champagne but you might need to request it, seems they do not always display it

Susiew237 Jun 11, 2019 7:01 pm

I am sure I had Veuve Cliquot at IC Robertson Quay in Singapore. But they were newly opened at the time so maybe they've started cost reductions.

I also recall a couple of evenings at the GS Hong Kong where i drank my body weight in Moet :)

IC Sydney, just a cheap generic sparkling wine which is a shame. That view deserves champagne.

DonPedro Jun 14, 2019 4:39 am

Paris Le Grand downgraded to Henriot a couple of years ago.

iC Sydney serve Bimbadgen. It’s a sparkling Sémillon, sells for about AU$9 in the shops. Pretty poor.

Sydney Double Bay serves something similar - they bring glasses to the table so you never see the bottle.

Other major ICs that don’t serve genuine champagne -

Singapore
Toronto
Montreal
Wellington

#1son Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am

this list of IC lounges that do not serve real Champagne is quite long ;-)

bearvest Jun 14, 2019 11:45 pm

Intercontinental Toronto

No free alcohol of any kind. Prohibited by antiquated provincial law.

#1son Jun 15, 2019 4:31 am

I was always told "free alcohol is the most dangerous alcohol" ;-)

DonPedro Nov 14, 2019 1:11 am

Updating with recent changes:

Dubai Festival City - no longer champagne (courtesy Saint77)
Paris Le Grand - Castelnau
Hong Kong - Barons de Rothschild (“upgrade from Perrier Jouet”)

Palmer Feb 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by DonPedro (Post 31735227)
Updating with recent changes:

Dubai Festival City - no longer champagne (courtesy Saint77)

Does the lounge at the IC Dubai Marina or the IC Abu Dhabi serve champagne?

Palmer