Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spire Elite Status + Executive Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Interesting if they have reverted back to the old approach, when did you last stay?
Can't remember exactly, but I stayed a few times over the summer last year.

I also stayed at the CP Gerrards Cross this time last year and got lounge access - it was just offered as an upgrade not as an amenity.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Im Diamond Hilton i live in chiang mai Thailand I'm also Spire Ambassador. The Conrad and Hilton Sukhumvit soi 24 is a zoo in the lounge. for the same price you can go to holiday inn soi 22 with lounge access or go to Intercon BKK(for a higher price) which i have been doing and paying for lounge which is totally worth it!!! Look its a sellers market right now Hotel programs as of late suck. I don't mind paying for quality and service...
cln likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:17 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I believe Spire always gives you lounge access in Crowne Plaza and Hualuxe in Greater China (China, Macao, Hong Kong and Taiwan), but there's nothing official in IHG's public information, only a post on loyaltylobby.

It did work as advertised this year in the two CPs I have stayed at.

HTB.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
cp
Originally Posted by robnc35
Im Diamond Hilton i live in chiang mai Thailand I'm also Spire Ambassador. The Conrad and Hilton Sukhumvit soi 24 is a zoo in the lounge. for the same price you can go to holiday inn soi 22 with lounge access or go to Intercon BKK(for a higher price) which i have been doing and paying for lounge which is totally worth it!!! Look its a sellers market right now Hotel programs as of late suck. I don't mind paying for quality and service...

Have you tried the CP Lumpini? I stopped staying when they stopped giving club as an upgrade. But who knows what the current policy is

It prices itself not far behind the IC, possibly because it seems to have cornered a healthy Japanese market.

It's got a decent pool (which distinguishes it from the IC).
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
2. Given to Spires as a welcome amenity option: Liverpool Airport & Solihull
3. Given to Spires only as a room upgrade to club level room: Nottingham

Not sure about the accuracy of these.
I have an email from CP Solihull stating that they don't give lounge access as Spire amenity and would only upgrade to Club rooms if there is availability.

On the other hand, CP Nottingham definitely gives lounge access as Spire amenity (if they have club rooms available they will upgrade you to one as well).
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by a9504477
I have an email from CP Solihull stating that they don't give lounge access as Spire amenity and would only upgrade to Club rooms if there is availability.

On the other hand, CP Nottingham definitely gives lounge access as Spire amenity (if they have club rooms available they will upgrade you to one as well).
I am quoting actual experience from the CPs stated, not emails or opinions. Nottingham twice, late last year and early this year, Solihull was 3 visits, all this year, last one was June...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by a9504477

It has been about 12 months since I stayed at the CP Solihull but in circa 20 stays in the preceding 12 months, I ALWAYS has lounge access (and drink vouchers as well it wasn't either or) and had a club room whenever they had them available (although to be fair they were often fully booked), what else can they do, kick out someone who has paid? I had a suite a couple of times too.

So in the absence of real stay data I would take an email with a pinch of salt.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Perhaps as a returning customers Solihull look after you well. As a spire staying there early this year no upgrade or lounge access.

They did give 2 rather than 1 drinks voucher, theres always the odd person at checkin who says nope just 1.

While I’d like more tangible benefits I earn spire with 0 effort due to CC spend and stays so I’m happy with the value I get out of it.

i know lots of people value breakfast but upgrades and guaranteed late checkouts are more valuable to me and I don’t think it would take much to make that happen.

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Aug 28, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Perhaps as a returning customers Solihull look after you well. As a spire staying there early this year no upgrade or lounge access.

They did give 2 rather than 1 drinks voucher, theres always the odd person at checkin who says nope just 1.

While I’d like more tangible benefits I earn spire with 0 effort due to CC spend and stays so I’m happy with the value I get out of it.

i know lots of people value breakfast but upgrades and guaranteed late checkouts are more valuable to me and I don’t think it would take much to make that happen.
I had lounge access and decent rooms from my first stay, so either they are treating me better as a RA or they have had a bit if a change, did you ask them about the lounge access?

When I stayed there regularly a whole group of guys working with National Grid fundamentally only stayed there for the lounge/breakfast benefits, so I would be very surprised f they had changed. Although the Stratford upon Avon CP that is owned by the same company has always been a bit difficult with lounge access.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
It has been about 12 months since I stayed at the CP Solihull but in circa 20 stays in the preceding 12 months, I ALWAYS has lounge access (and drink vouchers as well it wasn't either or) and had a club room whenever they had them available (although to be fair they were often fully booked), what else can they do, kick out someone who has paid? I had a suite a couple of times too.

So in the absence of real stay data I would take an email with a pinch of salt.
CP Liverpool Airport also appears to have changed its offering and wouldn’t give me lounge access as a Spire welcome amenity 6 weeks ago even though they’d upgraded me all the way from a “Standard” room (not even guaranteed a Double) as booked to their fabulous Beatles themed split-level suite in the base of the former airport control tower.

They said that such upgrades are generally given to different Spire members each night who haven’t experienced that Suite before but that Club lounge access is no longer offered as a welcome amenity choice or even when upgraded to a room or suite that normally has Club benefits.

Last edited by olympian; Aug 29, 2019 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
I had lounge access and decent rooms from my first stay, so either they are treating me better as a RA or they have had a bit if a change, did you ask them about the lounge access?
I asked about both an upgrade (fully booked) and lounge access (nope) all I got was high floor room (generally quieter the higher you are) and facing the rear of hotel.

Though since then St Johns has become a fully refurbished Voco perhaps they will change their mind again similar with CP Stratford and the superior Indigo having opened. .
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
What a mess this Crowne Plaza lounge access is, we now have members relaying experiences at Nottingham, Stratford-on-Avon, Liverpool Speke and Solihull that directly contradict one another. So now it seems we can’t even gather together a reliable list of Spire lounge access because of this difference in approach by FD!
This again reflects the problem of IHG leaving it up to hotels to decide on the benefit. IHG needs to gird itself for this and tell the hotels it’s an amenity choice rather than leaving their top tier members wondering at checkin...
dk9 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olympian

CP Liverpool Airport also appears to have changed its offering and wouldn’t give me lounge access as a Spire welcome amenity 6 weeks ago even though they’d upgraded me all the way from a “Standard” room (not even guaranteed a Double) as booked to their fabulous Beatles themed split-level suite in the base of the former airport control tower.

They said that such upgrades are generally given to different Spire members each night who haven’t experienced that Suite before but that Club lounge access is no longer offered as a welcome amenity choice or even when upgraded to a room or suite that normally has Club benefits.
Glad I switched my stay to the Liverpool City CP last night then and had lounge access without issue.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Glad I switched my stay to the Liverpool City CP last night then and had lounge access without issue.
Yes a better choice, particularly if you need to be in the City Centre, but even their lounge breakfast offering had been downgraded last time I stayed a couple of months back to continental only and you could no longer order any hot items to be brought in from the restaurant as had previously been advertised in the lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olympian

Yes a better choice, particularly if you need to be in the City Centre, but even their lounge breakfast offering had been downgraded last time I stayed a couple of months back to continental only and you could no longer order any hot items to be brought in from the restaurant as had previously been advertised in the lounge.
But only circa Ł6 extra for a restaurant breakfast.

In fairness the lounge offering looked reasonable but whilst.low carbing the available options for me were a bit thin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.