Old May 17, 2019, 3:01 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

A surprisingly good hotel - service and location

Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Lange Houtstraat 5 The Hague, NL 2511 CV

A surprisingly good hotel - service and location (4 Photos)

This is my first stay at this property.  I believe this hotel is quite new < 3 years old.  It seems to be the 2nd IHG property in the capital of the Netherlands after the Crowne Plaza (which is an old dame of the city)

The property is located about 10-15 mins walk from the the Hague Central station (so not the HS station).  The walk should be doable even with large bags - however becareful of how googlemaps provide the direction as there is an shorter and faster way to get to the hotel (so - do study the map beforehand) - the faster way is through the starting of the shopping street. 

Next to the hotel is a large square which has lots of food/bars.  The parliment building and Mauritshaus is located less than 5 mins walk from the hotel.  The main city center/shopping area is about 10 mins walk away.  

Basically the location of the property is the best selling point of this property as most of the attractions and businesses are located either a couple of mins walk away or easily accessible by public transportation which is close to the hotel.

Check In

Arrived late in the afternoon and there was no one in line at check-in so I was helped immediately.  Check-in was done within 5 mins of arriving at the property by a friendly check-in associate. 

Room

The room allocated was a city view twin room.  Not sure if this was an upgrade or not as I was not informed  - but for just 1 night I was ok with any room.  The room size was on the smaller side - however for the price paid and the location of the hotel, this was quite expected.  

The room was in good condition with basic decoration.  As usual for HI Express properties, there is a midsize table/cabinet that is an all in one with the TV located at the corner of this cabinet/table.  The TV was on the smaller side - I believe just maybe 22 inch size (?).  The selection was a mix of local and international.

Noise isolation was ok - except that the room faces also the back garden of a restaurant/bar - so if that part of the garden is occupied - you can hear the patrons from outside.  However it should not be too much an issue since at night it was quiet.  There was also not too much noise from within the hotel - did not hear too much traffic from the hallways or next door (was not sure if it was occupied or not).

Temperature control in the room was good.  Bathroom size was ok - again the same template used for all HI Express in the Netherlands.  Toiletries is again pump size version fixed to the wall.  Only small complain here is the toilet - it took forever for the water tank to fill up after a flush - so this means you hear the water sounds for some time before it stops.

The other small complain is (not only at this property but at other properties too) - when you request for a twin room - you expect the beds to be separated by a space between the two beds, but at this property they still push two single beds together.  I guess this can be an issue for some guests.  

Hi_room1.jpg1_Hi_room2.jpg1_HI_room3.jpgHi_view.jpg

Breakfast

As in all HI Express hotels, breakfast was complimentary.  The quality and variety here was ok - it consisted mainly of continental items with the only hot item being boiled eggs.  It would have been nice if they had an additional hot item.  Other than that, seems that even with a high capacity there should be no problems finding seating in the breakfast area as it was quite large.

Overall

All in all, especially from location point the price to quality ratio is good.  The hotel lobby area is very inviting and they have done a good job designing it like some living room area making it cosy and a nice place to spend some time.   There were lots of local elements incoporated into the design of the lobby and the hotel.

The hotel staff in general were friendly and I noticed that they were very informative as well.  

Will certainly return to this property if I need a place in the area.

A surprisingly good hotel - service and location

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express The Hague - Parliament?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 24, 2019, 11:49 pm

How does this property compare to the Staybridge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.