Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
New IHG Brand Atwell

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/own/...suites-brand-0

Upper midscale hotel for longer stays
Old May 15, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended

Simplify worked for airlines like Southwest and Ryanair.

Over branding will kill loyalty.

What is wrong with 'InterContinental Residences' or 'Staybridge'??

And how do you pronounce Atwell? Eightwell or Aitewell? I must be minority standing firm against the over branding.
Raynyan and 336 like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
So is this their version of Hilton’s Home2 Suites just like how avid rips off Tru? (Which was an Ibis Styles/ Motel One derivative to begin with)

As someone who often gives up points to book a Staybridge because I like the extra room space, I think they’re missing the mark with this one.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chongcao
I must be minority standing firm against the over branding.
I'm sure they don't care. As long as the public can book through the various IHG channels, IHG will earn their royalties. The more the better.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Brands are created by the chains for the benefit of their customers - hotel owners. Guests with ties to the group loyalty program are part of the franchise product being sold to the hotel owner customers
Old May 15, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Can't say I'm initially thrilled whenever a new brand is announced. However, if they can do a higher quality Staybridge right, that can be a very good thing.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
From the pics it really isn't a real "suite" but more of a room with extra stuff to sell it as a "suite" packed in.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
So is this their version of Hilton’s Home2 Suites just like how avid rips off Tru?
First thing I thought when I saw it too.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
It seems simliar to the Marriott Springhill Suites Brand though the Atwell kitchenette will probably be better. I user to like Staybridge Suites a lot other than the reduced points earning; however, lately most of them I have tried seemed to be rundown and tired. Maybe just bad luck on the specific properties I tried or is it a general trend with the brand? E.g. does IHG need to push owners to do a major refresh. Candlewood Suites is a brand I typically avoid. Same for Marriott's Townplace Suites. I have found a very high percentage of poor properties in the lower end extended stay class. Unless I know a specific property is very good or brand new, I won't book them. Time will tell if Atwell is an interesting addition to the IHG brand portfolio.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.