Search

Which brand or no brand

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, FB Platinum for live, IHG Spire
Which brand or no brand

Dear friends,

I know I can count on your experience and am sure you can help me out with the following. In my new accelerate I have 'discover 4 brands' and I want to know if any of the following hotels is part of a brand and therefor qualifying. I also would like to know to which brand they correspond. This are the hotels:
- Grand central hotel in Glasgow
- Blythswood square hotel in Glasgow

Thanks for your answer,
Daniel
Old May 5, 2019, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
AFAIK Principal hotels aren't yet a "brand", but you can check the T&Cs of that target for the full list.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
From the T&Cs:

Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of IHG® hotels between 1 May 2019 and 31 August 2019 (both dates inclusive) at:

InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide.

Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Blythswood square hotel in Glasgow counted as a brand for me.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
From IHG's 3 May 2018 press release and I understand most will be rebranded as Kimpton:

IHG intends to rebrand the properties to other brands in IHG’s luxury and upscale portfolio in the one to two years following completion. This will be funded, in part, by capital contributions from IHG; these payments will fall within IHG’s existing capital expenditure guidance.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
From IHG's 3 May 2018 press release and I understand most will be rebranded as Kimpton:

IHG intends to rebrand the properties to other brands in IHG’s luxury and upscale portfolio in the one to two years following completion. This will be funded, in part, by capital contributions from IHG; these payments will fall within IHG’s existing capital expenditure guidance.
As said earlier, in the last promotion the Glasgow property did not count as Kimpton or IC for me but as an extra brand. I had IC and Kimpton as brands, too
Old May 9, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, FB Platinum for live, IHG Spire
Thanks a lot for all the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.