IHG Asia Sale?

Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

IHG Asia Sale?

I found this link describing a sale on certain IHG properties starting today:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de.../get-your-rate

The Bora Bora Thalasso hotel is included on the list but I don't see any change in rate. Anyone know if this is legitimate?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:59 pm

Not going to Asia till Nov/Dec, but I noticed that both IC's in SIN are about $40-50 less than they were last week for my dates, which are after this sale ends. Everything else looks the same. Now I need to reconsider the IC SIN.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:04 pm

Same with Intercontinental Bali, no change in rates.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Rates are cheaper for Regent Taipei but no change for Kimpton Taipei even though Kimpton Taipei is listed as one of the participating hotels:
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...ng-hotels.html

I went to pose the query to IHG via online chat. They said that the rates are already discounted, which I told them it is same as before the commencement of the promotion. They ended the call saying that they will take my feedback to the management team.
kermadek likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by kermadek
Same with Intercontinental Bali, no change in rates.
I can see the rate at the IC Bali (looking at dates at the end of May) but it is more than the cheapest Advance Purchase rate after member's discount. This is often the case as the discount is off the Flexible Rate and in many cases will be less than 35%. The IC Bali looks like a 20% saving.

I always treat these kind of sales with a pinch of salt, although occasionally I have seen some reasonable savings.
kermadek likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IHG has a history of marketing fluff promoting misleading sales. Where "discounts" are applied they re often highly selective in terms of the properties and the rates they are attached to.
kermadek likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The great thing about this sale is that the discounted rates are flexible and can be canceled. Yes, they may be a little higher than the adv purchase, but I gladly pay that minor difference to get a flex rate.

Marriott has a similar sale, but the sale rate is fully prepaid and cannot be canceled.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
The great thing about this sale is that the discounted rates are flexible and can be canceled. Yes, they may be a little higher than the adv purchase, but I gladly pay that minor difference to get a flex rate.

Marriott has a similar sale, but the sale rate is fully prepaid and cannot be canceled.
Initially I also thought that the Asia Sale rate was refundable, as that was the case at the first property I looked at, but the Asia Sale rate at the IC Bali is non-refundable, so it definitely pays to check carefully when you compare rates.
kermadek likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.