Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, HH Gold
New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Think this looks like it is live...

I cannot post a link but use the normal link and 'accelerate2019' after the forward slash

It is for stays from 1st May to 31st August

Last edited by Bradford84; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:58 am Reason: More Info
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Tony300S likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Let me register but not very exciting, only 32,500 up for grabs;

Stay More, Earn MoreGet closer to the rewards you want when you stay 10 night(s) and earn 20,000 bonus points.

Saturday Stays BonusStay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points.

Stay for Less and EarnBook 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.

No achievement bonus either!

They keep giving me the “Saturday Stay bonus” challenge, I’m very unlikely to pay for a Saturday night as I would normally be redeeming points!

Think I’ll sit this one out completely, it’s only really the 20,000 for 10 nights that I could do and I don’t think that’s worth it.

I think Hilton may be seeing a lot more of me!

Last edited by adobbing; Apr 29, 2019 at 2:32 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:04 am

Discover Our Brands

Stay at 5 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.
Saturday Stays Bonus

Stay 4 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,800 bonus points.
Stay for Less and Earn

Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.
Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 32,500 bonus points

I too am a little underwhelmed. The centrepiece of my offer is 5 brands, which I find quite demanding.

Last edited by Philodemus; Apr 29, 2019 at 3:05 am Reason: Correct alignment of numbers with text
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:13 am

Double points from the second stay up to 40k for me. Nothing else. It’s been a while since I had a rubbish one like that
Gongzuokuang likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Hmm well first of all it says I wasn't eligible for the offer, then I got an email saying I'd been registered for it but it just seems blank when I click on it. I guess I'll wait and see if it's an IT snafu..
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by chrism20
Double points from the second stay up to 40k for me. Nothing else. It’s been a while since I had a rubbish one like that
I got that one last 2 times really hoping for something decent this time but I just get an error message currently.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrism20
I got the same thing. I have 3 existing bookings. I don't intend to make any more revenue bookings with IHG in this summer. It will be based on price and location for me and Qantas hotel booking channel looks very attractive to me at this moment.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Hmm well first of all it says I wasn't eligible for the offer, then I got an email saying I'd been registered for it but it just seems blank when I click on it. I guess I'll wait and see if it's an IT snafu..
Same, not eligible. But, no email.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Same, not eligible. But, no email.
+1

Posted too quickly. Still not eligible but did get an email.

--Jon
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
So I have registered with email confirming just dont know what the tasks are yet keep getting a message saying site is having technical issues.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:34 am

I could register and got the email. But no offers in the email, no offers on my personal webpage for the promo.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:56 am

Weak. Definitely not staying at IHG

Earn 16,200

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 16,200 total bonus points.
Points Offer
Saturday Stays BonusStay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Earn More, FasterEarn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Stay a Little LongerEarn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.

Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I hope my ineligibility is due to a computer glitch, because I have a 7 day reservation at Staybridge in three days. I may cancel and rebook at Wyndham and save $174 too.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
My tasks:
12,000 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 12,000 bonus points.
10,800 Stay at Crowne Plaza®
Stay at 3 Crowne Plaza® hotel(s) and earn 10,800 bonus points.
4,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
13,400 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 13,400 bonus points.

Last edited by Carel1; Apr 29, 2019 at 7:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.