Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
hi,

if points + cash stay counts as points bought only and not as a stay-can you tell me what it will show on credit card statement?
will it not show hotel name etc?
Old May 13, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
hi,

if points + cash stay counts as points bought only and not as a stay-can you tell me what it will show on credit card statement?
will it not show hotel name etc?
For my AMEX card it is showing as “IHG POINTS AND CASH IHG ATLANTA”
Old May 14, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by shimura
In the same boat here, I had a 1 stay of 4 consecutive nights from May 1st, points posted after 2 days - Accelerate earn 4000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights - no dashboard update.
I made another booking points & cash for end of May - Accellerate book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points - no dashboard update.

When I registered, I received the confirmation email immediately, but the tasks were visible in my dashboard only after 2-3 days.
Same here. No dashboard update after I finished 4 nights and 3 stays at 3 different IHG hotels/brands.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Dashboard not updating

See reply from my report to IHG Help desk

As per checking your stay, I see that your stay at Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct.22 was qualified and should count towards your sub offers: Stay More, Earn More and Discover Our Brands.

Kindly allow 2 to 3 weeks for the stay to reflect on your promotion dashboard.

If after the given time frame stay did not post, kindly reply to this email so we can update your offer.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by martinrennard

As per checking your stay, I see that your stay at Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct.22 was qualified and should count towards your sub offers: Stay More, Earn More and Discover Our Brands.

If after the given time frame stay did not post, kindly reply to this email so we can update your offer.

what email did did you send to?
Old May 14, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by martinrennard

Same issue and identical reply.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by RedElmo

what email did did you send to?
Usually, I contact them via [email protected]
Old May 15, 2019, 8:52 am

I didn't get the email but thought I could join the promotion via the website link in the wiki (tick tick, register).
After two weeks waiting for something other than "we appreciate your loyalty", yet buoyed by others having eventually got an offer, I contacted IHGrewards via chat today.

Result is that I am told it's a targetted promotion - a private offer not available to everyone, and via email invitation only:
"As we continue to develop programs and offers that most benefit our IHG Rewards Club members, our Accelerate program is now a private offer personalized for our members' individual stay preferences. Our current Accelerate promotion is for eligible IHG Rewards Club members."
"I am sorry but the Accelerate promotion is not for everyone."
"I am sorry but I do not have the information on the basis. What I know is it is through email invitation only."
As you may see IHG on chat were of course unable to say why I was not eligible.

I had mistakenly construed that it was general offer, and only the scale of the benefits were targetted. So i guess I am missing out this time - no idea if i will be eligible for the Sept-Dec promotion either really. But if it's hit and miss as to whether these (what I supposed were general) promotions will be offered, it will cause me to refocus how long it will take to accumulate e.g. a free night. For context the previous promotion was my first, the total was 40,000 and completed it.

Anyhow - I wonder if it would be helpful for others to add a bit to the wiki to the effect that not everyone will get offered this and it won't work if you don't - unless it's so obvious that i should just hide in the corner for a few weeks....

good luck with your accumulating
Old May 15, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My first task was completed and both the bonus points and task completion posted at the same time as the points for the stay.
My second one hasn't posted yet, although the points for the stay have.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:28 pm

When I attempt to register for this offer the registration page just throws an error message - "We appreciate your loyalty. Please see IHG® Rewards Club offers available now."

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be related to having other active offers associated with the account? Is there a known fix?
Old May 17, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by mster
When I attempt to register for this offer the registration page just throws an error message - "We appreciate your loyalty. Please see IHG® Rewards Club offers available now."

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be related to having other active offers associated with the account? Is there a known fix?
yes, many people reported it. Read the thread.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by dimon84
yes, many people reported it. Read the thread.
I have read the thread and I am not new to IHG shenanigans. There are a number of posts where IHG members having trouble signing up have received identical boilerplate responses from IHG. Historically things IHG employees say about their promotions have not been accurate enough to rely on so I'd say there is still a 50%+ chance that this is an issue that can be resolved once the appropriate actions to do so are determined by the community.

Has anyone successfully signed up for the May - August Accelerate promo after initially being unable to signup? If so what if any actions did you take that enabled you to do so?
Old May 17, 2019, 2:45 am

Hello

Hello

I’m new here and I just start on this program. This is my targeted promo.

1. 12000 points for 2 weekends - Saturday Stays Bonus
2. 2800 points for 4 IHG hotels
3. 6600 points for 2 bonus points package
4. 6600 points for using app to book 4 stays
5. Achievement bonus 28000 points

Can I ask, if I book Friday and Saturday (2 nights stay) under the bonus points package, can I use this to qualify for (Saturday Stays Bonus) & (Earn More, Faater) & (Stay at 4 IHG hotels) ?

Thanks again!
Old May 17, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
My promotion is titled “Make Every Stay Count.” I get double points, but the first stay doesn’t count. Nice piece of irony, IHG.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Berrysurprise
Hello

I’m new here and I just start on this program. This is my targeted promo.

1. 12000 points for 2 weekends - Saturday Stays Bonus
2. 2800 points for 4 IHG hotels
3. 6600 points for 2 bonus points package
4. 6600 points for using app to book 4 stays
5. Achievement bonus 28000 points

Can I ask, if I book Friday and Saturday (2 nights stay) under the bonus points package, can I use this to qualify for (Saturday Stays Bonus) & (Earn More, Faater) & (Stay at 4 IHG hotels) ?

Thanks again!
One stay has worked for me for multiple tasks in past promotions. I intend to combine a "buy a bonus points package" (first task) with my only stay at a Candlewood during this period (which will get me another brand in the "stay at three separate brands" task) while paying for it with my old Chase IHG Select card (another of my tasks) and staying for four nights (one of the two stays I need to complete a "stay longer" task).

After doing a couple of these, it becomes easier to figure out up front the minimum number of nights necessary to complete the assigned tasks by finding stays that will combine various tasks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.