Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I finally have tasks, well a task. Double points up to 40,000.

After 15 years of holding IHG as my primary hotel program, I opened the Hilton Amex today. Free breakfasts here I come.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Points + Cash will not trigger any of your other offers. You need 7 nights.
Ah yes, as you kindly pointed out up-thread (but I forgot). Thank you.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Not a great offer... 2x 4 night stay to get the bonus? My business trips usually doesn't last that long.

5,600Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.
4,500Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.
12,000Stay a Little Longer
Earn 12,000 bonus points when you book 2 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
11,100Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 11,100 bonus points.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER

So that’s 60 K plus 28.8 K plus 9 K plus 48.9 K equals 146.7 K total correct? I think it’s a very high offer my total is only 118.4 K Any body have a higher total then 146.7??
Correct on the total but 12 weekend stays! That is 2/3 of the weekends in the offer period
Old May 1, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Is anyone else still getting a message saying they are not eligible?
Old May 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
A weak list but still worth $150 to me as I have a bunch of July/August work travel with one-day stays with a per diem cap that works well with HIX.

4 brands - 13,200
2 CP - 8400
2 2-night weekends - 3200 - not worth it
1 P&C stay - 4500 - easy enough
2 4-night stays - 12,000 - doesn't fit my travel patterns

So essentially 5 one night stays, CP, CP, HIX, HI, Candlewood, one of them P&C, for 26,100. At $0.0055/point that's just under $29/night in benefit.

The question to me is whether you can do 4 P&C and have them count as the 4 brands. If so, i'm essentially getting double return on the P&C charge. Fortunately, I'll be able to test this out pretty quickly, as I have a potential P&C stay at a CP a week from now, so I try to can triple dip.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: IC Spire HH Gold Delta?
Not eligible due to preferences it says. Says the same if I check my progress from Q1 now. More IHG mess.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was briefly able to see my offers on the app but now both the app and the website are showing me as ineligible again

Reminds me of all the IT issues with 2014-2015's Into the Nights Promo. Glad to know IHG can still be counted on for that nostalgia.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:03 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I got a total of 18.8k on my offer lame and hard to do too
Old May 1, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I finally have tasks, well a task. Double points up to 40,000.

After 15 years of holding IHG as my primary hotel program, I opened the Hilton Amex today. Free breakfasts here I come.
Well, at least in the States, be prepared for some co-payments at restaurants.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Up to 39,100 bonus points for me,

12,000 = stay 2 brands
16,000 = stay 2 different Intercontinentals
4,500 = stay 1 cash and points booking
6,600 = book 2 x bonus points rate

Since these are stackable, I should book the following:-

1 x intercontinental A (bonus points rate)
1 x holiday inn (bonus points rate)
1 x intercontinental B
1 x holiday inn (cash and points)

Hence I should qualify for all four tasks on four nights.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
My bonus is for the grand total of 18,100 points. I’m going to sit this one out as i’ve sat out the last two.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
IHG needs to end this never ending promotion and come up with something new. This is the worst offer I've ever had...by far.
I can't say I disagree with this, the promotion now seems to have ran its course and really needs seriously freshened up or wholesale changes.

I can't believe there is no one in the marketing department capable of coming up with something new.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Would need 11 nights for my offer of 28K points. Guess sitting out last time didn’t help. Again, one of my tasks is booking corporate rate which I don’t have. Last time I called to ask why is this in my promo? They gave me some courtesy points, which were the only points earned for the last Accelerate. Working on Hilton now.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick

The question to me is whether you can do 4 P&C and have them count as the 4 brands. If so, i'm essentially getting double return on the P&C charge. Fortunately, I'll be able to test this out pretty quickly, as I have a potential P&C stay at a CP a week from now, so I try to can triple dip.
Interested in the data point, but reward stays have historically only triggered brand targets in mistake situations. So not reliable...

Originally Posted by chrism20
I can't say I disagree with this, the promotion now seems to have ran its course and really needs seriously freshened up or wholesale changes.

I can't believe there is no one in the marketing department capable of coming up with something new.
Ask any central banker for a high inflation country how much fun it is to try and get that inflation down.

IHG have clearly been handing out too many bonus points, but don't know how to stop doing it without crushing their revenue. Those double point promos surely got zero stays from a bunch of us...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.