Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Stay at 6 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 6 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 16,800 bonus points.

At first I assumed this means 6 different IHG hotels, but the way the t+c are written (see below, my bolding), maybe they mean 6 different brands? Unclear.

T+C: Stay at 6 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 16,800 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of IHG® hotels between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by kevino
Stay at 6 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 6 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 16,800 bonus points.

At first I assumed this means 6 different IHG hotels, but the way the t+c are written (see below, my bolding), maybe they mean 6 different brands? Unclear.

T+C: Stay at 6 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 16,800 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of IHG® hotels between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.
Don't worry. Its 6 hotels not brands. Your bolfaced text is standard copy paste they include on each prono.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Ok. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I can't sign up for it. I get a message saying that due to me earning preferences I am ineligible for this offer. But that's fine, as I have found Hilton's offer so much better since I started using them late last year.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:02 pm

Interesting that I don't see it in the list of offers on the site or in the app, but can follow the link in this thread and register.

8,400 Stay at Crowne Plaza®
Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza® hotel(s) and earn 8,400 bonus points.

3,200 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 3,200 bonus points.

4,500 Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

4,800 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 6 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 4,800 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.

The "Corporate Account Bonus" apparently requires stays booked through my "corporate portal" which apparently doesn't qualify, corporate travel agent books everything via Concur / SAP, and I had that in the last "accelerate" offer and none of my stays (more than 6) made through company travel office qualified.

And I might book a couple of my next trips in a Crowne Plaza instead of a Holiday Inn. But nothing else really looks worth paying much attention too.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Concerto
I can't sign up for it. I get a message saying that due to me earning preferences I am ineligible for this offer. But that's fine, as I have found Hilton's offer so much better since I started using them late last year.
it is believed to be a bogus message; many are seeing it (including me). When you go to your list of offers, you will likely see that you are signed up for it. But you will also likely see no details about the promo (what challenges/rewards are your specific promo). That, too, is believed to be a bug that hopefully gets resolved.

in the meantime I booked Hilton stays for the next few months since their promo actually works for me. When the IHG mystery promo reveals itself to me, maybe I will reconsider...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Can see mine now - excitement abounding!

1500 points for the first stay paid with my IHG credit card. (No brainer)

7200 points after three weekend stays. (unlikely)

4500 points for a Cash + Points stay, must be booked and consumed during the promo period. I have an award stay booked already that I'll probably rebook soon.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Apr 30, 2019 at 10:39 pm
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Well its finally let me see my offer and for the third time in a row its double your points starting with second stay max 40000
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassdor

Old May 1, 2019, 12:56 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Philodemus
Discover Our Brands

Stay at 5 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.
Saturday Stays Bonus

Stay 4 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,800 bonus points.
Stay for Less and Earn

Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.
Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 32,500 bonus points

I too am a little underwhelmed. The centrepiece of my offer is 5 brands, which I find quite demanding.
That is pretty much identical to mine....except your achievement bonus is double mine! They keep giving me weekend stay one (I have to do 2 this time) and I never pay for a weekend stay as I use my points. Very, very underwhelming so will give this quarter an IHG miss and switch to Hilton.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:19 am

They're offering me 81,800 total bonus points but it's pretty much undoable.

3 weekend stays, one 4+ night stay, etc.

I'm gonna pass.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I may have to think about doing this, as I have a pretty decent offer, after a very weak one in Q1.

Earn 95,000 bonus points
Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 21,600 bonus points.
Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 12,000 bonus points.
Stay for Less and Earn
Stay at 2 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points.
Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 47,500 bonus points.

It's only worth it if I can do all offers to get the bonus. Will need to give the weekend part a bit of thought to plan those in, but in theory it can be done in 5 nights across 3 stays. Could be very worthwhile for the 95,000 points.

Weekend stay #1 / bonus points package / hotel #1 / brand #1
Weekend stay #2 / bonus points package / hotel #2 / brand #2
Brand #3 stay / cash and points
Old May 1, 2019, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
Brand #3 stay / cash and points
I've BOLDED the sections of the wiki that make clear that you WON'T trigger any other targets with a P+C stay, unless you get really lucky. not that people will read the wiki...

Many people seem to be getting the P+C target, and I've seen several incorrect assumptions already (with others trying to disabuse the notion) that P+C is a useful way to hit targets...
CalItalian, RAPC and redreeper like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I've BOLDED the sections of the wiki that make clear that you WON'T trigger any other targets with a P+C stay, unless you get really lucky. not that people will read the wiki...

Many people seem to be getting the P+C target, and I've seen several incorrect assumptions already (with others trying to disabuse the notion) that P+C is a useful way to hit targets...
Very good point and thanks for flagging. Make that 4 stays unless striking it lucky. I'm a very occasional IHG guest, hence this not registering with me. Appreciate you pointing it out as it will save some pain down the line!
Old May 1, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
Very good point and thanks for flagging. Make that 4 stays unless striking it lucky. I'm a very occasional IHG guest, hence this not registering with me. Appreciate you pointing it out as it will save some pain down the line!
Well... in my experience you can book a reward stay or P+C, wait for the target to trigger, and then cancel it. But since that might be another YMMV scenario it is definitely safer to book P+C for a stay you actually plan on needing...
RAPC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.