Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by jotxl
today i see, that the achievment Bonus Points completely in my account. All Tasks are marked as completed.
What do you mean, could IHG decuct this points if the system recgnise that my cash/Point stay will not be completed up to August,31 th ?
Once again my question...

Dashboard is completed, all Bonuspoints are in my account.

are all Points safe in my account - even thought the cash & Points stay is not completed up to August,31 ?
would it be possible, that IHG remove the Points later in this case ?

Thnak you very much for your opinion !

Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
It seems unlikely, but it’s obviously possible. Are you planning to use the reservation or cancel it?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:30 pm

I’m going to miss out on one of my offers because the last hotel screwed up. I showed up having booked it under corporate code. Making it my 5th one I used. But when I showed up their system lost my reservation. I had email confirmation. But it didn’t show on their side. So they booked me at standard rate. Even though my initial booking which they had me forward the confirmation to the hotel showed it was corporate code.

I called customer service today and they told me they can see what I’m talking about but can’t help me. My reservation is for 3 more weeks. But there is a Hilton right down the block that I will be checking into tomorrow.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Conflipper
I’m going to miss out on one of my offers because the last hotel screwed up. I showed up having booked it under corporate code. Making it my 5th one I used. But when I showed up their system lost my reservation. I had email confirmation. But it didn’t show on their side. So they booked me at standard rate. Even though my initial booking which they had me forward the confirmation to the hotel showed it was corporate code.

I called customer service today and they told me they can see what I’m talking about but can’t help me. My reservation is for 3 more weeks. But there is a Hilton right down the block that I will be checking into tomorrow.
Kidding right? If i had an email they will honor it. What do you mean they can’t help you?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo

Kidding right? If i had an email they will honor it. What do you mean they can’t help you?
I wish I was.

I asked lady lady if she could change the booking to be under the one I originally booked under and I was told because reservation was already started she can’t change it. I asked for a manual credit; she told me that because the reservation was cancelled she can’t do that.

I asked when it was cancelled and why did I not get notified of cancellation. She said it was cancel two days after my stay started. Doesn’t know why I didn’t get notified. And didn’t know why it got cancelled. It was for same days, same room, one corporate code, one wasn’t. Otherwise same. I told her because when I showed up my reservation didn’t exist.

She said she could not manually credit it for me.

At which point i told her her I will be leaving this hotel. Asked if I wanted to leave comments for case worker and I simply said listen to recording of this phone call.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
It seems unlikely, but it’s obviously possible. Are you planning to use the reservation or cancel it?
thanks for your opinion....i will use the Reservation....
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Conflipper

I wish I was.

I asked lady lady if she could change the booking to be under the one I originally booked under and I was told because reservation was already started she can’t change it. I asked for a manual credit; she told me that because the reservation was cancelled she can’t do that.

I asked when it was cancelled and why did I not get notified of cancellation. She said it was cancel two days after my stay started. Doesn’t know why I didn’t get notified. And didn’t know why it got cancelled. It was for same days, same room, one corporate code, one wasn’t. Otherwise same. I told her because when I showed up my reservation didn’t exist.

She said she could not manually credit it for me.

At which point i told her her I will be leaving this hotel. Asked if I wanted to leave comments for case worker and I simply said listen to recording of this phone call.
Interesting. There’s all sorts of scenarios.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:40 pm

Hi -

OK, so I am a little confused. The terms and conditions say that activities completed through August 31 count for the summer Accelerate promotion.My last stay is the night of the 31st. Will it count if I checkout September 1? Or would I have to check out before midnight that night?

the actual language in the T&Cs is "Each Offer must be completed between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019 (both dates inclusive)".

Adding to my confusion is the countdown clock on the promotion home page telling that on Wednesday (right now) I have 2 days left ....

Thanks for any thoughts/suggetions.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

OK, so I am a little confused. The terms and conditions say that activities completed through August 31 count for the summer Accelerate promotion.My last stay is the night of the 31st. Will it count if I checkout September 1? Or would I have to check out before midnight that night?

the actual language in the T&Cs is "Each Offer must be completed between May 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019 (both dates inclusive)".

Adding to my confusion is the countdown clock on the promotion home page telling that on Wednesday (right now) I have 2 days left ....

Thanks for any thoughts/suggetions.
Look in the flyertalk threads for previous accelerates. This comes up every time.

In short, yes it will count, but if you complete it after the countdown clock erroneously ends, the IHG computer disagrees and you have to contact IHG to get your points.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is anyone else still missing their bonus for "complete X get Y" offers?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am missing most things, except those I got credited when I called CS a few weeks ago. I was wondering, is there a link through which one can still see the tasks for this version of the promo? I made screenshots of my dashboard, obviously, but left them on my other computer in Germany. Chances are CS will be still able to see the dashboards of previous promotions, but I'm not wholly counting on it.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate post
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am missing most things, except those I got credited when I called CS a few weeks ago. I was wondering, is there a link through which one can still see the tasks for this version of the promo? I made screenshots of my dashboard, obviously, but left them on my other computer in Germany. Chances are CS will be still able to see the dashboards of previous promotions, but I'm not wholly counting on it.
Gone for me too, kinda annoying.

I called CS and got it manually posted. Can't see it in account activity for some reason but points are there.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I just wanted to have access to the previous promotion to back my claim when I ring CS. Just saves being disappointed and having to ring again. Wish I had thought to take those screen shots with me! I guess it can wait until mid October, when I get back there. Previously, the previous Accelerate dashboards remained live for quite some time. But you managed to get everything manually credited?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, I just wanted to have access to the previous promotion to back my claim when I ring CS. Just saves being disappointed and having to ring again. Wish I had thought to take those screen shots with me! I guess it can wait until mid October, when I get back there. Previously, the previous Accelerate dashboards remained live for quite some time. But you managed to get everything manually credited?
Customer service can see your prior offers. No question about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.