Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
A new season and a new IHG Accelerate promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Other than the tasks for redeeming points and point + cash reservations, tasks are generally very stackable. Enjoy the game of figuring out how to get the most out of the least amount of nights and money.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/offers/accelerate2019
Print Wikipost

New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by indrawnrt
Question:
Current Accelerate program will end on October 31,2019.
If I booked hotel room for November vacation right now, and there is new challenge program later on November. Will my bookings count in?
Answer: No.

As per terms:
You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in the promotion ("Promotion").
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Well none of my tasks are posting other than the 4 night and earn 8000 points.

I called and tried to get the 1500 credit card speding one credited but they won’t budge. Said wait 8 weeks. It’s been 7 weeks now. Unbelievable. I have to waste more time calling and arguing to get 1500 points.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

One of my “tasks” is to stay on Saturday nights, including at least one more consecutive night on Friday or Sunday.

My question is whether this needs to be under the same reservation number, or if consecutive qualifying nights under separate reservations over the weekend will automatically be aggregated to trigger this bonus?

Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:26 pm

Points & cash for later stay

one of my tasks is "Stay for less", book with point & cash. So i have booked a point & cash stay for december (independed from accelerate, i have planned this stay already longer).
The 4,5 K points were immediately credited and the task is marked as complied.

But the T&C say, that the stay must be completed up to august 30 th.
I am a little bit worry, that IHG will deduct the bonus points after aug 30th, because the booked stay will take part in december......
what do you think ? risk or book another p&c stay, that ends before end of august ?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I looked at my Accelerate dashboard last night for the first time since June, and nothing has posted from the start back in May. Good to know others are having the same problem, but still very frustrating!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I cancelled a 30 night stay a few days ago. Decided it's not worth the hassle dealing with this accelerate program and their lack of service. Enough.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Has anyone here who registered for the Platinum elite fast track and stayed 5 nights as required to keep it, received an expiration date of December 2020 on their status? I stayed 5 nights and the expiration date shows expiring Dec 2019
Not sure how IHG operates, but with a lot of loyalty programs, the expiration doesn't update until Jan. 1 or the start of the next program year, whichever comes later.

Originally Posted by shahr04360
Answer: No.

As per terms:
This is incorrect. Bookings don't have to be made during an Accelerate promo to count toward an Accelerate promo. The booking type might matter, though (e.g., reservation was made online but Accelerate requires three reservations made with the IHG app).
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
One of my “tasks” is to stay on Saturday nights, including at least one more consecutive night on Friday or Sunday.

My question is whether this needs to be under the same reservation number, or if consecutive qualifying nights under separate reservations over the weekend will automatically be aggregated to trigger this bonus?

I need to do this, too, and ran into this problem when I needed consecutive nights at the same hotel on a Friday and Saturday but a glitch in the app wouldn't allow me to book it that way. The stay has not registered within Accelerate as a qualifying stay. I imagine customer service will fix/override it if necessary, especially if the same rate is paid both nights (as was the case for me), but I can't say for sure.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I need to do this, too, and ran into this problem when I needed consecutive nights at the same hotel on a Friday and Saturday but a glitch in the app wouldn't allow me to book it that way. The stay has not registered within Accelerate as a qualifying stay. I imagine customer service will fix/override it if necessary, especially if the same rate is paid both nights (as was the case for me), but I can't say for sure.
Yes, I presume they will “fix”/manually post if necessary. But, just to save myself a telephone call and the hassle, I did rebook my current stay so that Saturday and Sunday are a single booking.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by joe_miami
This is incorrect. Bookings don't have to be made during an Accelerate promo to count toward an Accelerate promo. The booking type might matter, though (e.g., reservation was made online but Accelerate requires three reservations made with the IHG app).
Certain accelerate tasks' terms and conditions do specify that booking must be done during the promotional period.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Certain accelerate tasks' terms and conditions do specify that booking must be done during the promotional period.
Yes, but as far as I've seen, it's usually the "download and log in once with the IHG app" or "book __ times with the IHG app" type of tasks. Generally speaking, IHG doesn't want people canceling and rebooking existing reservations en masse when Accelerate rolls around.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Finishing up my accelerate offer. One of them is stay 3 brands. I assume HI and HIX are considered separate brands?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Finishing up my accelerate offer. One of them is stay 3 brands. I assume HI and HIX are considered separate brands?
Yes they are. It should specify that in the T&C's for the task.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Marriott Hyatt
I have 3 tasks left to complete. I have a Saturday and Sunday night stay at HIX this weekend which will complete 2 of the 3 (Saturday stay and 4th brand.) The 3rd task is a book with points. I now need Friday night. If I book Friday night using points, will that mess up the Saturday/Sunday being a separate stay such that I will not get those two? If so, I'll just do another cash night, Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:15 pm

I have one of these booked for Saturday. A points and cash booking. However I now no longer need it. What will happen if I was to cancel the booking. Would they take my accelerate points back? Anyone had this happen to them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.