Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

3 Nights, Three Consecutive Reservations, Same Hotel - Can I Keep My Room for 3 Night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Nights, Three Consecutive Reservations, Same Hotel - Can I Keep My Room for 3 Night

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I have a stay coming up where I am staying three consecutive nights, with three different reservations. I had enough points to pay for two nights with points (price in points was the same for each night), so I made reservations for the first and third nights with points - and the middle night with cash. Three reservations total.

All 3 reservations are the same room category - will they have the ability to check me in for all 3 units in the same room when I get there, so I won't have to check in and possibly move rooms each day?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Drop the hotel an e-mail and give them the three reservation numbers. They should be able to link your bookings and ensure you have the same room throughout your stay. I've done this a few times and it's never been a problem, most recently at the IC Tokyo The Strings.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would be extremely surprised if you couldn't keep the same room; if you were booking different category rooms, you might well have to, but with same category room, when you check in, just make sure that it is aware of your 3 stays
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I make consecutive reservations at the same hotel pretty commonly, and this is never a problem. At check in the front desk will always confirm "You are staying ## nights." At that point I tell them: actually I have another reservation. The front desk looks it up and blocks my room for the future reservation.

The only time this can become an issue is if the hotel upgrades one reservation, but cannot upgrade the other. Whether you prefer to stay in the same room or take the upgrade and have to change rooms is a matter of personal preference.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jn in ca
I make consecutive reservations at the same hotel pretty commonly, and this is never a problem. At check in the front desk will always confirm "You are staying ## nights." At that point I tell them: actually I have another reservation. The front desk looks it up and blocks my room for the future reservation.

The only time this can become an issue is if the hotel upgrades one reservation, but cannot upgrade the other. Whether you prefer to stay in the same room or take the upgrade and have to change rooms is a matter of personal preference.
Same experience here. I usually book multiple nights on separate reservations to keep flexibility and lock the rate in (on a refundable rate). Almost every time the hotel is figuring out that I stay multiple nights, sometimes I need to tell them at check in. I never had to move rooms.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Be strategic with the paid nights. Little opportunity for the hotel to deny a late departure on a paid night but not so much so on a free night or an award night. I normally book one category up on the paid night to encourage an upgrade on the free nights or the award nights. The hotels don't like to be bothered with guests moving from room to room.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Never had an issue with this. I've even gamed the system (not at IHG) and booked an upgrade for the first 1-2 nights and regular for the last few. They've always let me stay in the upgraded room the entire stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.