Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador club access at IC ANA Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Ambassador club access at IC ANA Tokyo?

Hello,

I am reading some conflicting information. I will be staying at the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo. I would book an executive room if my upgrade (to club level) would include club access. Otherwise I will just book the regular room and get upgraded to executive.

Does anyone have clarity of how this works?

thank you!

Ryan
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:52 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have taken the libery to edit the title so that it is more obvious that this question is speicif to the ANA IC Tokyo.

We also consider to merge this post later with the master thread about this property.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
@the4aces If you are a Plain Ambassador (not Royal) , then if you want IC Club Lounge at any IC, then you need book that upfront (or upsell at checkin), it is not allowed to be given foc, even if +1cat is a so called "Club Room"
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by the4aces
Hello,

I am reading some conflicting information. I will be staying at the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo. I would book an executive room if my upgrade (to club level) would include club access. Otherwise I will just book the regular room and get upgraded to executive.

Does anyone have clarity of how this works?

thank you!

Ryan
From the Ambassador T&Cs:

Guaranteed Upgrade

15. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club InterContinental room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As pointed out in the T&C no InterContinental offers club lounge access on on Ambassador one category upgrade to a club room. I'm aware some APAC properties (Australia in particular) that did historically offer club access if you were upgraded to a club room, but this hasn't been the case for a couple of years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.