Wiki Posts
Search

IAH Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
IAH Hotels

I ended up booking The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental. There are a lot of HIE’s at that airport and was wondering which one is clean and modern? Is the one I booked renovated and are the rooms somewhat modern? Or would it be a better idea to switch properties?

Whats really important to me is the cleanliness, and modernizations of hotels. Especially that the bathrooms don’t look like they’re from 1999.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

BUMP1
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA
I have stayed at the Holiday Inn at Beltway 8 & JFK, just south of the airport. It is definitely older, and a bit dated (but I had no problems with it). The Holiday Inn on the east exit of the airport near US 59 is definitely newer, like maybe 5 years (?), but I have no experience. The hotel titled "Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental" over on I-45 is pretty far from the airport, like so far I've never laid eyes on it. The "Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8" is definitely new, also in the 5-year range. Heck the date slider bar on google earth may be your best resource.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

I didn’t know there was a google date slidebar?

im booked at the holiday inn express and suites Houston intercontinental north. It says it’s only about 2 miles from the airport and they have a 24 hour shuttle. The TripAdvisor photos looks nice, but just curious if it’s a legitimate place.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: UA
This is a fun exercise. The "Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental" as shown on the IHG website is at Airtex & I-45, which is 3.5 miles as the crow flies from the airport boundary, but is an 11-mile, 18-minute drive from Terminal C. I believe the hotel name includes the name of the airport by virtue of being the first HIE to be anywhere near the airport, which also makes it the oldest. You'll pass 3 IHG properties on the shuttle ride. I've never stayed there, but I realize I have driven past it several times, the hotel and surroundings are definitely legitimate.

Given your emphasis on clean and modern, I'd stay at the "Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area" which is less than 4 years old.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YadiMolina
This is a fun exercise. The "Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental" as shown on the IHG website is at Airtex & I-45, which is 3.5 miles as the crow flies from the airport boundary, but is an 11-mile, 18-minute drive from Terminal C. I believe the hotel name includes the name of the airport by virtue of being the first HIE to be anywhere near the airport, which also makes it the oldest. You'll pass 3 IHG properties on the shuttle ride. I've never stayed there, but I realize I have driven past it several times, the hotel and surroundings are definitely legitimate.

Given your emphasis on clean and modern, I'd stay at the "Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area" which is less than 4 years old.
Whats the best HIE at IAH? Or the best IHG property that’s new and offers free breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.