Wiki Posts
Search

Best (redemption) Value in London

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20

Not all properties abide by the weekends only and will release midweek dates at the Partner rate.

CPKX is one of those properties that has done in the past although you are looking at around £140+ rather than £80 so not completely useless.
Interesting thanks, despite a few flaws I do really like the CP KX and it is pretty handy for work in the City via Uber, I have burned off about 700k of points here there in the last few months and whilst my favourite properties like the Hilton Bankside are all round better they are typically over £100 a night more too. There is also the fun lottery of whether anyone will show up to take spirits orders in happy hour
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
Staybridge Suites Vauxhall - I stayed there for a week; it was great.

Do you have the IHG Premier card from Chase? It confers, IINM, fourth night free on reward stays.
yeah, I have the Chase. How do I get the 4th night free?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
How do I get the 4th night free?
I have not done it, so I hope someone with experience will correct me if I'm wrong. Just make a four night reservation using all points (points plus cash is not all points in this context). Your account gets debited points for three nights.

In more detail, my understanding is that if you make a points reservation for 4 to 7 nights, you automatically get charged for 3 to 6 nights. If you book 8 to 11 nights, you get charged for 6 to 9 nights, and so on. As far as I know, there is no limit, as long as you have the points.

Corrections, anyone?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
I have not done it, so I hope someone with experience will correct me if I'm wrong. Just make a four night reservation using all points (points plus cash is not all points in this context). Your account gets debited points for three nights.

In more detail, my understanding is that if you make a points reservation for 4 to 7 nights, you automatically get charged for 3 to 6 nights. If you book 8 to 11 nights, you get charged for 6 to 9 nights, and so on. As far as I know, there is no limit, as long as you have the points.

Corrections, anyone?
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...ht-free-award/

I read this and went and made a couple Dummy Bookings. It works perfect if I have enough points. Id I make a bookng for 4 nights at 15k points per night it will show the 4th night free.

But I only have 120k points, so If I try to book 4 40k nights it will not let me go to the next page.

I will try calling and see if I can get past this. Thanks. I did not know of this benifit, its going to make a massive difference if I can book.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
But I only have 120k points, so If I try to book 4 40k nights it will not let me go to the next page.
See the thread on Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free", especially post 41. And please report back on whether it works for you.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Bingo...

Thats what I did. Booked three nights, immediately went and changed it to 4. Updated and got 4th night free.

Staying at Holiday Inn Kensington High Steet.

Thanks everyone, this thread had been great.

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Apr 12, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Have a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.