Kimpton Bozeman Montana

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Kimpton Bozeman Montana

Opens early 2020

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...n-bozeman.html
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:12 am

Hoping to stay July 31. Website says "Rooms available July 15, 2020" but I can't actually book the 31. Anyone heard any rumors about actual opening date? It looks like rooms are bookable now from August 4. Hoping they'll open sooner so I can check it out.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Hoping to stay July 31. Website says "Rooms available July 15, 2020" but I can't actually book the 31. Anyone heard any rumors about actual opening date? It looks like rooms are bookable now from August 4. Hoping they'll open sooner so I can check it out.
They'll open when they open. We were planning a stay over 4th of July but they didn't open by then. You can always e-mail them but I wouldn't count on the opening dates being reliable at the moment, especially given the number of rising Coronavirus cases in Montana.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:43 am

They have zero award availability loaded into the system. We are headed in the opposite direction but thought about spending a night at the property on our arrival day into BZN just to check it out.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
I was able to make a booking here the week of Labor Day using an Ambassador BOGO certificate. No reward availability, however it offered me the Ambassador Free Night.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:34 am

It looks like they now pushed the opening date back until August 18th.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:58 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It seems, the hotel is now open. At lest rooms are available right now. The homepage of the hotel is https://www.armoryhotelbzn.com/
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Nice hotel. Everything seemed brand new, not sure if the music venue (which was closed) is an original part of the Armory?

Used Cash & Points for a base/essential room and was upgraded to a corner Premium. Very Kimpton in terms of design.

Wonderful views of the mountains from the room, and even better views from the rooftop bar.

Location is downtown, literally a block or two walk from tons of upscale restaurants, galleries and shops on Main Street.

Parking is valet only, but you can find parking a 1/2 block away in the city run parking structure, they sell separate day and overnight rates and offer free 2 hours for everyone shoping or dining downtown.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:53 pm

The price/value proposition is a bit off balance during Covid as rates are high but amenities are extremely limited. We paid $1300/night for a suite as we needed extra room for work. Other than a few moldy berries as a welcome gift, there was not one aspect of the room, other than size, that
felt above and beyond. As noted previously, it's standard Kimpton but it has the feel of a hotel that won't age well; already the shower was fussy to use, no magnifying mirrors, Chromecast on TV was not operative, one of two elevators out several times. A few bottles of water in the room, no mini bar or coffee maker - it actually was more basic than many places we stayed on our trip that were 1/4 of the price. Valet parking is $30. It's Bozeman, and it is a seller's market so they are clearly taking advantage of that.

The location is terrific, a block off Main Street with its many restaurants and shops. Bozeman does breakfast well, so I'd skip the hotel for that. There are Covid limitations for the pool, which are understandable, but might disappoint. The staff members we met, almost to a one, were pleasant and
helpful. One unpleasant conversation, however, left me frustrated: there is no housekeeping at all during a stay, something we had seen at maybe 75% of our hotels but we did have service at more upscale properties. We were not informed at check in (apparently, that is what is supposed to happen) that there was no daily service but it could be requested with 24 hour notice. There was nothing in the room (again, something that was the case elsewhere) so I called the front desk to ask about it and was told that I must have been told at check in (not true and likely an easy to make
mistake.). I told him that he should please pass along to the manager my thoughts that guests were owed proper notice, either up front, at check in and/or in the room. Preferably all three. As well, that it was disappointing to not be able to stream movies as we had planned. I was told that I had the opportunity to come down to the lobby to talk to the manager! Yep, no offer to have the manager actually pick up the phone and contact us...I passed on this offer as my opinion of the hotel was already formed. And not word one from anyone in management after that.

If expectations are adjusted accordingly, it is still probably one of the better choices in Bozeman. I'd try to get a high floor both for the view and noise issues - there are garbage trucks picking up early on two sides of the hotel and there seems to be construction on a third (though we didn't hear that.)
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:37 pm

Was reading TripAdvisor and someone posted that you can avoid paying for parking entirely by parking on a residential street a few blocks away from the hotel.

Does anyone have any experience with free parking not far from the hotel?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:41 pm
Suspended

IHG Spire, do I get breakfast or not?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by 747-800i
IHG Spire, do I get breakfast or not?
No. I stayed in September and am Kimpton Inner Circle and Spire Royal Ambassador, did not receive free breakfast.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
No. I stayed in September and am Kimpton Inner Circle and Spire Royal Ambassador, did not receive free breakfast.
Good thing Bozeman has so many great breakfast options!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:13 am

any recent stays here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.