The Met Leeds (Master Thread) - soon to be Indigo

Old Dec 30, 18, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The Met Leeds (Master Thread) - soon to be Indigo

I'm staying at The Met in Leeds tonight.... it says it'll post points. Also noticed yesterday that on the booking it shows I've been upgraded to a superior room.

In case you don't know, there is an offer at the moment where if you stay at least 2 nights in one of these new hotels (they can be separate nights and at different hotels) between now and March then you earn a free night to use worldwide anywhere with IHG before end of October 2019.

EDIT - this was a post that has been made into a new thread. I posted a review of the stay here - The Met Principle Leeds

Last edited by skitchen; Mar 10, 19 at 3:18 pm
Old Dec 30, 18, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond VIP, IHG Spire Am Elite, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver
A
Originally Posted by skitchen View Post
I'm staying at The Met in Leeds tonight.... it says it'll post points. Also noticed yesterday that on the booking it shows I've been upgraded to a superior room.

In case you don't know, there is an offer at the moment where if you stay at least 2 nights in one of these new hotels (they can be separate nights and at different hotels) between now and March then you earn a free night to use worldwide anywhere with IHG before end of October 2019.
thatís exactly why I was considering it!

Can it be the same property on two separate occasions ( not consecutive nights), or does it need to be different Properties?

Also , is it just one free night, or can you obtain multiple free nights?
Old Mar 1, 19, 6:54 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points, and the rooms... If you've stayed in one of the ex Travelodge motorway Holiday Inns, then you've experienced better. If you've stayed at a Britannia then this is better, just. It's going to take a lot of money and effort to get this place to an acceptable standard.
Old Mar 2, 19, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J View Post
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points, and the rooms... If you've stayed in one of the ex Travelodge motorway Holiday Inns, then you've experienced better. If you've stayed at a Britannia then this is better, just. It's going to take a lot of money and effort to get this place to an acceptable standard.
I stayed there last week (Spire member, flash sale cheap rate) and got a room upgrade, recognition and welcome drink, so you must have been unlucky. Always worth saying something. Room was good, bathrobes etc.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oman Air Sindbad Gold, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points
It's worth checking that they actually have your details. I stayed there a few weeks ago, and at check-in it transpired that my IHG number hadn't found its way into the hotel's system. No problem, the excellent check-in staff added the number manually, upgraded my room to the best available, and added welcome points. I enjoyed my stay there, especially as the room rate was a princely GBP28
Old Mar 2, 19, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrew_G View Post
It's worth checking that they actually have your details. I stayed there a few weeks ago, and at check-in it transpired that my IHG number hadn't found its way into the hotel's system. No problem, the excellent check-in staff added the number manually, upgraded my room to the best available, and added welcome points. I enjoyed my stay there, especially as the room rate was a princely GBP28

I agree with last couple of comments too, thatís definitely not been my experience. I even posted here at the time:

The Met Principle Leeds
Old Mar 3, 19, 4:09 am

Programs: Some, not all.
They had my details as the following morning I requested a late checkout, and they confirmed as a Spire member I could have an extra hour. Also the welcome amenity points posted sometime after checkout. Unfortunately as I was running late for dinner with friends I didn't have time to reject the room when I first arrived.

During checkout I said that I was unhappy that my profile states "high floor/away from elevators" and yet received a room of the first floor above the service entrance, and was told that "reservations would have assigned the room" They also confirmed that the hotel was not fully booked when I checked in, so didn't know why I had not been upgraded.

Superficially the room looks okay, but was worn and tired.

At 6:45 am this truck pulled up and was unloading linens for 30 minutes.

And at 8:15am this one arrived and left the engine idling whilst unloading.
Old Mar 9, 19, 4:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold
They had my details as the following morning I requested a late checkout, and they confirmed as a Spire member I could have an extra hour. Also the welcome amenity points posted sometime after checkout. Unfortunately as I was running late for dinner with friends I didn't have time to reject the room when I first arrived.

During checkout I said that I was unhappy that my profile states "high floor/away from elevators" and yet received a room of the first floor above the service entrance, and was told that "reservations would have assigned the room" They also confirmed that the hotel was not fully booked when I checked in, so didn't know why I had not been upgraded.

Superficially the room looks okay, but was worn and tired.

At 6:45 am this truck pulled up and was unloading linens for 30 minutes.

And at 8:15am this one arrived and left the engine idling whilst unloading.
Respectfully, the room doesn't look great!!
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Andrew_G View Post
U. K. Kimptons get welcome amenity points (how many)? In the States, we apparently get a $10 Raid the Bar credit instead.
Old Mar 10, 19, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

I could be wrong but I thought The Met was due to be rebranded to Hotel Indigo, not Kimpton, does anybody know for sure?
Old Mar 10, 19, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Even some of the Kimptons in the US are on the small side. Especially several properties in Washington DC such as the Topaz, and the Allegro in Chicago.

Still, it is disconcerting.
Old Mar 10, 19, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, SPG Plat, BA Silver
Originally Posted by skitchen View Post
I could be wrong but I thought The Met was due to be rebranded to Hotel Indigo, not Kimpton, does anybody know for sure?
Yes. The Met will become an Indigo. The thread title is incorrect
Old Mar 11, 19, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick View Post
Even some of the Kimptons in the US are on the small side. Especially several properties in Washington DC such as the Topaz, and the Allegro in Chicago.

Still, it is disconcerting.
True, several of the DC Kimptons are small but I wouldnít call the Allegro small. I seem to recall a manager telling me that the Allegro was actually the Kimpton with the most rooms (as of early 2017)
Old Mar 11, 19, 3:44 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by davidw70 View Post

Yes. The Met will become an Indigo. The thread title is incorrect
Sorry, my fault. Was also dealing with the Fitzroy thread. Updated the thread title again.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Mar 15, 19, 3:44 pm

I'm staying here in a couple of weeks does can anyone advise of the quickest route from the station to the hotel?

Thanks

Search this Thread