Wiki Posts
Search

The Met Principle Leeds

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The Met Leeds (Master Thread) - soon to be Indigo

I'm staying at The Met in Leeds tonight.... it says it'll post points. Also noticed yesterday that on the booking it shows I've been upgraded to a superior room.

In case you don't know, there is an offer at the moment where if you stay at least 2 nights in one of these new hotels (they can be separate nights and at different hotels) between now and March then you earn a free night to use worldwide anywhere with IHG before end of October 2019.

EDIT - this was a post that has been made into a new thread. I posted a review of the stay here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post30678927

Last edited by skitchen; Mar 10, 2019 at 3:18 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
A
Originally Posted by skitchen
I'm staying at The Met in Leeds tonight.... it says it'll post points. Also noticed yesterday that on the booking it shows I've been upgraded to a superior room.

In case you don't know, there is an offer at the moment where if you stay at least 2 nights in one of these new hotels (they can be separate nights and at different hotels) between now and March then you earn a free night to use worldwide anywhere with IHG before end of October 2019.
that’s exactly why I was considering it!

Can it be the same property on two separate occasions ( not consecutive nights), or does it need to be different Properties?

Also , is it just one free night, or can you obtain multiple free nights?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

The Met Principle Leeds

Hi

For anyone interested, just thought I’d post about recent experience at The Met in Leeds, which is Principle at the moment. Apparently this will be rebranded to Hotel Indigo in 2020.

Anyway, I booked to stay here purely for the “U.K. Luxury Free Night” offer where if you stay 2 nights at one of the new IHG hotels, you got a free night anywhere. My plan is to use this free night for an upcoming trip to NYC at IC Times Square so this has worked out very good value for me.

I booked 2 nights at The Met, the first in Dec so it also counted towards the Double Points promo. I booked a single bed room at £45. Its actually a fairly nice hotel. I had noticed about 2 days before my check-in date that my room had been upgraded to a Superior room (I’m spire). Thought that was pretty good - that’s an upgrade from the cheapest single bed room to the top room they offer. I checked in and they waived the £20 overnight parking charge too. This is very central to Leeds. I was given standard choice of free drink or points (it was 500 points).

The second night was this weekend and cost £28 - bargain! Again, I noticed I was upgraded before check in from a single bed room to superior room. I took the train this time rather than drive (I live locally so this hotel was a very handy location and these bookings were purely done to earn the free night). Also got offered the standard points or free drink again.

they don’t offer anything over and above the normal spire benefits but for anyone planning to do this offer this is a cheap choice to get the most out of the free night and as I say it is a nice hotel and they seem to be good at upgrading - in advance as well.

ive attached some pics so you can see what the hotel itself is like.

hope some may find this helpful

Atacama40 and travellingjake like this.

Last edited by skitchen; Mar 2, 2019 at 1:50 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:08 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I’d say it looks well tidy for £30-£50 a night. I usually stay at the Marriott but have recently had a little falling out with the management there, so this could well be a good place to try, and closer to my usual Leeds business too! Thanks for the review, very nice!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points, and the rooms... If you've stayed in one of the ex Travelodge motorway Holiday Inns, then you've experienced better. If you've stayed at a Britannia then this is better, just. It's going to take a lot of money and effort to get this place to an acceptable standard.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points, and the rooms... If you've stayed in one of the ex Travelodge motorway Holiday Inns, then you've experienced better. If you've stayed at a Britannia then this is better, just. It's going to take a lot of money and effort to get this place to an acceptable standard.
I stayed there last week (Spire member, flash sale cheap rate) and got a room upgrade, recognition and welcome drink, so you must have been unlucky. Always worth saying something. Room was good, bathrobes etc.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Currently at the Met Leeds, and it's bad, really bad. No IHG status recognition, no welcome drinks or points
It's worth checking that they actually have your details. I stayed there a few weeks ago, and at check-in it transpired that my IHG number hadn't found its way into the hotel's system. No problem, the excellent check-in staff added the number manually, upgraded my room to the best available, and added welcome points. I enjoyed my stay there, especially as the room rate was a princely GBP28
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrew_G
It's worth checking that they actually have your details. I stayed there a few weeks ago, and at check-in it transpired that my IHG number hadn't found its way into the hotel's system. No problem, the excellent check-in staff added the number manually, upgraded my room to the best available, and added welcome points. I enjoyed my stay there, especially as the room rate was a princely GBP28

I agree with last couple of comments too, that’s definitely not been my experience. I even posted here at the time:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1952072-met-principle-leeds.html
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: Some, not all.
They had my details as the following morning I requested a late checkout, and they confirmed as a Spire member I could have an extra hour. Also the welcome amenity points posted sometime after checkout. Unfortunately as I was running late for dinner with friends I didn't have time to reject the room when I first arrived.

During checkout I said that I was unhappy that my profile states "high floor/away from elevators" and yet received a room of the first floor above the service entrance, and was told that "reservations would have assigned the room" They also confirmed that the hotel was not fully booked when I checked in, so didn't know why I had not been upgraded.

Superficially the room looks okay, but was worn and tired.

At 6:45 am this truck pulled up and was unloading linens for 30 minutes.

And at 8:15am this one arrived and left the engine idling whilst unloading.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
They had my details as the following morning I requested a late checkout, and they confirmed as a Spire member I could have an extra hour. Also the welcome amenity points posted sometime after checkout. Unfortunately as I was running late for dinner with friends I didn't have time to reject the room when I first arrived.

During checkout I said that I was unhappy that my profile states "high floor/away from elevators" and yet received a room of the first floor above the service entrance, and was told that "reservations would have assigned the room" They also confirmed that the hotel was not fully booked when I checked in, so didn't know why I had not been upgraded.

Superficially the room looks okay, but was worn and tired.

At 6:45 am this truck pulled up and was unloading linens for 30 minutes.

And at 8:15am this one arrived and left the engine idling whilst unloading.
Respectfully, the room doesn't look great!!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Andrew_G
U. K. Kimptons get welcome amenity points (how many)? In the States, we apparently get a $10 Raid the Bar credit instead.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

I could be wrong but I thought The Met was due to be rebranded to Hotel Indigo, not Kimpton, does anybody know for sure?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Even some of the Kimptons in the US are on the small side. Especially several properties in Washington DC such as the Topaz, and the Allegro in Chicago.

Still, it is disconcerting.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by skitchen
I could be wrong but I thought The Met was due to be rebranded to Hotel Indigo, not Kimpton, does anybody know for sure?
Yes. The Met will become an Indigo. The thread title is incorrect
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Even some of the Kimptons in the US are on the small side. Especially several properties in Washington DC such as the Topaz, and the Allegro in Chicago.

Still, it is disconcerting.
True, several of the DC Kimptons are small but I wouldn’t call the Allegro small. I seem to recall a manager telling me that the Allegro was actually the Kimpton with the most rooms (as of early 2017)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.