Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for Panama

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Recommendations for Panama

Crown Plaza or HI express for 3 nights in July? Prices and points are the same but HIE offers free breakfast. There is also a HI on the canal but out of city. Any recommendations? IC is too expensive.
thanks
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Panama (only on a 5K PointBreaks rate) twice over the years, but unfortunately never at the HIX Panama, so I am unable to compare.

The Crowne Plaza is an old hotel and is perfectly fine (but not great) at a discount price. However, it is not worth paying regular (points or cash) prices for the CP. There are many better choices in the US$60-70 range (such as the Hilton Garden Inn) if you are not wedded to IHG properties.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Both hotels are pretty poor, and are lousy value on points unless on PointBreaks.

The Hyatt Place, the Doubletree and the HGI are in the same general area and are usually better value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.