IC Club Intercontinental rate - 3rd night free

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
IC Club Intercontinental rate - 3rd night free

this seems to be another hollow offer from IC

when testing this out, three nights on my corporate rate costs less than 2 nights of inflated prices for IC Club rate at a participating hotel

maybe there are IC properties that are an exception?

if anybody has made this promotion work for them, be interested in hearing at which IC property

I am trying to justify using my unexpected Royal Ambassador status after writing IHG off for 2019

this offer seems much like the Ambassador Free Weekend night that greatly inflates prices per night and then is often not available at the best properties

Last edited by #1son; Feb 15, 2019 at 1:05 am
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by #1son

when testing this out, three nights on my corporate rate costs less than 2 nights of inflated prices for IC Club rate at a participating hotel

if anybody has made this promotion work for them, be interested in hearing at which IC property

I am trying to justify using my unexpected Royal Ambassador status after writing IHG off for 2019

this offer seems much like the Ambassador Free Weekend night that greatly inflates prices per night and then is often not available at the best properties
link and description of an offer?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Enjoy a complimentary third night with Club InterContinental

When you choose the Club InterContinental experience, there’s always more to your stay. A complimentary third night, for starters.

Book three consecutive nights in a Club InterContinental room, suite or villa before 10 March 2019, to enjoy your third night with our compliments at any of our participating InterContinental Hotels and Resorts in the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Australasia and Africa.

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...-_-PRIMARY_CTA
dimon84 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Feeling duped

I fell for this one: ended up paying $800 for the first night then $400 for the secons, third is free. Leaves a bit of a sour taste...

I checked the rate, its $650 now, for a booking in a few days time
#1son likes this.

Last edited by Flygirlnz; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:55 am Reason: ETA2
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:57 pm

I tried making a booking at the IC Dubai Festival City only for a banner to appear saying the promotion wasnt available at that hotel. Its listed as a participating hotel in the T&Cs.

I found that the rate was slightly cheaper than the AP rate (but nowhere near one third less) at the IC Osaka. Third night free is flexible though.

Palmer
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
My first test of this offer didn't come up so hot. Not that I expected it to.

I also wouldn't expect any "sale" to beat a corporate rate
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I can't seem to find any availability for this offer. Looking at Tokyo at the end of March or in fact any time this year doesn't bring any results? I'm clicking on the relevant offer and selecting three nights...anyone else having trouble with this?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Crofton138
I can't seem to find any availability for this offer. Looking at Tokyo at the end of March or in fact any time this year doesn't bring any results? I'm clicking on the relevant offer and selecting three nights...anyone else having trouble with this?
It's really not something worth worrying about.
Where it does work, the smoke and mirrors of IHG marketing delivers results not materially different to simply booking three nights.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's really not something worth worrying about.
Where it does work, the smoke and mirrors of IHG marketing delivers results not materially different to simply booking three nights.
Very true, couldn't find availability in Dubai or Tokyo but can see the rate for Osaka.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Crofton138
Very true, couldn't find availability in Dubai or Tokyo but can see the rate for Osaka.
Apart from the original Point Breaks, the only straightforward, high-value offer I remember was the 2for1 weekend nights (not the Ambassador version). I think it only operated in Europe and the Middle East, but it allowed hotels to improve weekend occupancy by throwing a number of rooms into the offer.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Ambassador Free Weekend Night

Originally Posted by #1son

With the Ambassador Free Weekend Night, you can often book a club room, which comes with lounge access, free breakfast and evening cocktails. This is one way to maximise value out of your free nigth

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.