Holiday Inn Express Valencia Bonaire Master Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 19, 5:08 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki Link
Holiday Inn Express Valencia Bonaire

Address
Holiday Inn Express Valencia Bonaire
Centro Comercial Bonaire Aldaia, A-3, 345,
46960 Aldaia, Valencia, Spain

Tel +34 963 03 50 00

Link to hotel:
Hotel Homepage on IHG

Next bus station:
Acceso Bonaire (bus #106, #160 (hotel next to mall next to motorway))
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 5, 19, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Holiday Inn Express Valencia Bonaire Master Thread

It seems that there are 2 IHG hotels in Valencia and they are both Holiday Inn Express. I stayed in the one near the airport last night, the HIX Bonaire. It was very nice, incredibly friendly and for once I slept well (I'm a bit tricky with that; it helped that the bed was long enough, not always the case in Spain).

Locating the hotel is another issue, I got my knickers in a twist trying to get there with buses, so I recommend just shelling out the 12 Euros or so for a taxi from the airport. To and from Valencia city it's bus 106 and 160, but finding the hotel from the bus stop is a bit tricky. It's behind the huge Bonaire C C, an Abu Dhabi style mall (I got some amazing deals for shoes in the Spanish version of Deichmann). The outlets in the food court tend to be a bit low end, typical shopping centre places. But at least their presence means the hotel isn't completely in the desert.
Old Feb 10, 19, 3:41 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
The first time I was there I walked through the shopping centre and ended up at the wrong side.

I took the metro to salt de l'aigua and took the 106 to Bonaire CC. Then it is 5 minutes walking from the bus stop if you know which direction to walk. This is 2 with TuIN card and 1,45 for the bus in one direction.

Note: 106 does not operate on Sundays.
Old Feb 10, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Actually I would probably go for the other IHG hotel in Valencia, which is down near the Cuidad de les Arts y les Ciences, I think. It just seems to be easier to get there. As for the bus system in Valencia, I never really worked it out (I'm usually good at this sort of thing) and I always ended up paying separately for yellow and red buses. The card I ended up with was only good for the metro and trams, although the trams just seemed to be an above ground metro. At the airport, I cashed the card in and got the remaining money back, losing the 2 deposit for the card. I found Valencia wasn't quite as organised and developed as other places in Spain and getting free WiFi was really hit or miss.

As for the Bonaire hotel in question, I liked it enough to want to go back there. It was a decent quality HIX hotel. The breakfast was perfectly ok and civilized for a HIX too, not the usual feeding frenzy of apparently starved vultures and barracudas with everybody milling about in the wrong directions that HIX hotels breakfasts usually are. I'm one of these that prefers hotels (like HI) that charge extra for breakfast, simply because you end up with a better experience to start the day. Also, athough any interesting traveler will not like shopping malls, the Bonaire one was ok with enough outlets on offer. It reminded me a bit of the malls you get in the UAE.
Old Feb 21, 19, 8:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I was looking at this property from the airport as an option for a layover (arriving late, after 11pm, next day flight at noon). How doable is this? Plan to just use public transportation - if not, than the next best option I'm looking is at the Ibis Bonaire (which does seem closer to the Salt d' laigua station.
Just that my preferences is always towards HIX rather than an Ibis if price is more or less the same.

Cheers!
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

It's totally doable if you plan to take a taxi and hang the cost. It's not doable with public transport, not even during the day - I ended up giving up and flagging a cab (really nice driver, turned the meter off when he saw he took a wrong turning). I mean, it's sort of doable during the day, but it's big time awkward. Buses didn't come and it was a ridiculous waste of time. Probably easier just to hop the metro and go into central Valencia, about 20 minute ride. Aim for somewhere along the metro.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: