1 hotel | 2 rooms | Award both nights

Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
1 hotel | 2 rooms | Award both nights

Hey guys,

I tried to summarise in the Title but I failed!

Looking at going away with some other folks and the hotel I want to stay at is a little steep on cash prices.

Anyone got any knowledge / experience of booking the following:
- 2 reservations
- both for 3 nights (same nights!)
- Both under my name (account holder)
- Both using Award points (I have the option of using 3 "free night awards" for one room and points for the other room too)

In essence, 2 rooms for 3 nights in the hotel only using the various "cash-free" stay options we have at hand.

Any input?

Thanks as always!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:18 am

Yes, that is absolutely fine. Go ahead and book it. You will want to put the additional guest name on one of the bookings as well so that they can also check-in in case they arrive before you. I'd make the points stays for your friends (ie put their name as an additional guestg and the "free night awards" be your room; however that's almost certainly overkill
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42
- 2 reservations
It would actually be 4 reservations because free night certificates are bookable only one night at a time.

But you should not have any problem with that.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Thanks guys!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:02 am

I had similar bookings before. I would email the hotel beforehand and explaining how many rooms you need. Otherwise they might think that you made a double reservation and cancel one. Otherwise no issue at all.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Otherwise they might think that you made a double reservation and cancel one.
I've done this many times and no hotel has ever thought I accidentally made two reservations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.