Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regent joins IHG Rewards Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Can you earn IHG points for staying at Regent hotels right now ?
If yes, at what ratio ?

I can't find anything at the IHG website about earning IHG points at Regent hotels
They join the program in February - so no.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Chan
Regent did not have a loyalty program prior to the acquisition by IHG so I dont think so. All they had was have the stays count for some miles redemtion I believe.

I was looking forward to going to the new Kimpton in Taipei.I might got to the Regent instead now.

update: i just asked about the benefits for Regent as an RA. I get to choose between 15usd food coupon, welcome fruit, or 600 welcome points (choose one our of three options). not a very attractive package.
I have an upcoming trip coming up in Taipei in April this year for a week. Am contemplating between Regent hotel or the Kimpton hotel especially if the stay will count towards RA renewal. Will be good if they are able to provide more clarity on the upcoming changes for these 2 hotel brands.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by shoven
Maybe we will see Regent incorporated along side RA in the same fashion next year as Inner circle was this year.
Hoping so!
So far it appears some RAs have gotten complimentary IC membership. Hoping this is step 1.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Hoping so!
So far it appears some RAs have gotten complimentary IC membership. Hoping this is step 1.
I am hoping so as I have not gotten the complimentary IC membership. So far only the RA renewal
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:39 am

I hope we get AMB/RA benefits at Regal . Would be an incredible addition !
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
I hope we get AMB/RA benefits at Regal . Would be an incredible addition !
Regal is one hotels group based in Hong Kong. You are thinking of Regent as the title suggest.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:41 pm

Look like you can book from the IHG website now. Just no points or free nights loaded. I can’t see them going too crazy on requiring a too many points for stays. The base room is less than $300USD per night.

Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Regal is one hotels group based in Hong Kong. You are thinking of Regent as the title suggest.
lol - you are absolutely correct - meant Regent !
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Regent Hotels are now bookable using points. Chase Free Night also works.
Regent Singapore - 55K
Regent Taipei - 60K
Regent Beijing - 50K
Regent Berlin - 50K
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Can I check that for Regent hotels, do they still to provide the late check-out benefit for Spire Elite members? I have contacted Regent Taipei via email to enquire if I can request for a late checkout at 2pm, and was told to check with the front office after check-in.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by christianj
I wonder what these hotels are going to cost for award nights.
I suspect, like the Ambassador program, they will sharply curtail the elite benefits for those on award stays.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Can you earn IHG points at Regent hotels now ?
Do Regent stays count as a "brand" for the quarterly IHG rewards bonus promotions where you need to stay at differents brands to get bonus points ? (Such as the IHG "accelerate" promotion)

Looking at the official IHG website, Regent is NOT listed under "ways to earn" points as can be seen here:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...n/earn-rewards

However, I just tried to do a reservation at the Regent hotel in Beijing, China and at the last screen (before inserting credit card details) it states "You will earn XXXX points for this stay."

So I'm confused now.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 8, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Just logged in and checked under the terms and conditions of the latest "accelerate" promotion to see what the wording says about Regent hotels:

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...rand2019/terms

A Stay constitutes a "Qualifying Stay" when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts (after 1 February 2019) or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide.

and also checked under:
"Stay at 3 brands and get XXXXX bonus points:
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...9/terms.brxx.1

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG® brand hotels between 15 January 2019 and 30 April 2019 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide."

So, looks like all paid stays at Regent now count towards the IHG bonus promotions.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 8, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Old May 11, 2019, 8:11 am

Would like if any Spire members have stayed in Regent Hotels this year? What are the perks extended to IHG Spire members? Thanks for sharing.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I’m just a platinum member - and was underwhelmed with my stay at the regent Taipei last month. The only benefit I received was a complementary espresso beverage in a non-descript pastry cart located in the B2 section of the mall and only open between noon and 5pm. The room was oversized, but the mattress was so hard as to cause back pain. There were problems checking in, and for some reason, housekeeping never serviced my room on the second day. It was a huge contrast to the treatment I received just afterwards at the IC Grand Stanford in HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.