Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Points Purchase delay ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
IHG Points Purchase delay ??

I purchased earlier today some IHG points that I needed for a redemption and I wanted to know your experience with the time it normally takes to see the points post into our account ?
I just want to avoid being left without a room !!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: MR, HH,IHG
I purchased 1000 points to complete a reservation yesterday. Then I immediately called reservations and she asked me for my purchase confirmation #, said she can see my points already and booked the nights right away.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by artsieange
I purchased 1000 points to complete a reservation yesterday. Then I immediately called reservations and she asked me for my purchase confirmation #, said she can see my points already and booked the nights right away.
I called 3 different agents this morning and they all refused to do. Then my points posted today about 20h after purchase.
All Reward Club agents told me that we could buy points directly with them and that the points would post immediately.
I know what to do next time !
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:25 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Online print purchases are always delayed over weekends, not so during the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.