Wiki Posts
Search

RA now includes Inner Circle?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
RA now includes Inner Circle?

This morning I received an email that my IHG account had been updated. Given that site security is.... crap, I logged into my account to make sure everything was still OK. When I logged in, I noticed that I was now an "Inner Circle Member" and there was account activity related to this. Is this expected, and do we know if Kimpton spend counts towards RA status now? This is a bit weird since I've _never_stayed at a Kimpton property.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I got the same -- although on Jan 4th.
Apparently some other RAs did as well.
In your case it looks like you were not a Kimpton Karma member (or never linked to your IHG Rewards). I was a member and stayed just 3 nights last year; mine showed "Upgrade to Inner Circle"
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Rumor on the street is that lots of the changes going on with Ambassador are to make room for more premium brands that is supposed to include Kimpton
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: all
me too...was surprised....Got the Inner Circle too
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Does anybody that was inner circle last year still have a digital card saying 12/31/2018? Am I doomed to reset to a basic member? Or could I possibly get a soft landing?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Does anybody that was inner circle last year still have a digital card saying 12/31/2018? Am I doomed to reset to a basic member? Or could I possibly get a soft landing?
My digital card says “EXP 2019” with no specific date.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Originally Posted by LukeSky

My digital card says “EXP 2019” with no specific date.
I have been personally messaged on flyertalk and told I was inner circle for 2019 yet my own app says it expires 2018 yet the app also says I'm still spire/inner circle...almost like the app won't update the expiration
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I think if you can still edit and see your inner circle preferences in your profile, you should be Inner Circle for 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.