Wiki Posts
Search

Can't book rewards stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Can't book rewards stay

For the past few days I've been trying to book rewards stays at a few properties- both the website and the Android app indicate no rooms available anywhere and any date I try to book. Even selecting any random property and date I get the same response.

Anyone else having issues?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I don't see any issues. Perhaps you can give examples of properties and date ranges for us to to check.

Also try searching for award stays in an incognito browser window so that you're logged out - if it's like the Hilton site it might not show reward availability if there are insufficient points in your account for the stay you're looking for (but shows them when logged out).
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:09 am

I had this for a week or so on the Apple app but it seemed to sort itself with the next update that downloaded

When I was searching on the app for reward nights it's came up that there were no rewards nights available anywhere but when I switched it to search for cash rooms and went into the rates for individual hotels the reward nights appeared.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I don't see any issues. Perhaps you can give examples of properties and date ranges for us to to check.

Also try searching for award stays in an incognito browser window so that you're logged out - if it's like the Hilton site it might not show reward availability if there are insufficient points in your account for the stay you're looking for (but shows them when logged out).
It's every property, any date. When I search for rewards in an area it lists the properties and points, but when I click through on a property it says no rooms available. I have the points available for the searched booking.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mwk190
It's every property, any date. When I search for rewards in an area it lists the properties and points, but when I click through on a property it says no rooms available. I have the points available for the searched booking.
In that case probably your profile room preferences causing that. The effect is not just on award rooms but paid rates on adr/flex/corp rates to.

However I struggle to believe your experience unless you are only searching for awards on either high demand days like NYE (when too late now), or aspirational properties (Bora Bora etc), or event/high-demand dates where a minimum stay is needed, ie can't just book a Saturday night on it's own.

eg
profile says King Bed and only Twin Bedded Room left on award nights (or vice versa). Just blank out all your preferences using advanced search screen then you should be aok
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had the experience yesterday on the website (using Chrome) when trying to book reward nights at an IC that they were available and I could go to booking screen, but transaction failed and didn't confirm. Have plenty of points to cover the cost.

I then logged into Android app and made he same reward bookings and it worked fine. IHG IT gremlins I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mwk190
Have you tried making a booking just using the normal website?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
I am trying to book a one night reward stay for March 2018 in the HiEx San Jose Costa Rica Airport. The availability (both App and website) for this property is very weird:

- from now until the 14th of October - available on every single day
- the rest of October - only 3 days
- the whole of November - only one Saturday night
- December - only the 25th (!)
- January, February, March 2018 - nothing at all
- April 2018 - only the 1st (this must be a joke )
- May 2018 - one Sunday night
- June 2018 - three Sunday nights
- July 2018 - two Sunday nights

I can hardly imagine that they are almost fully booked for reward stays as far out as June next year. Something's fishy.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I am trying to book a one night reward stay for March 2018 in the HiEx San Jose Costa Rica Airport. The availability (both App and website) for this property is very weird:

- from now until the 14th of October - available on every single day
- the rest of October - only 3 days
- the whole of November - only one Saturday night
- December - only the 25th (!)
- January, February, March 2018 - nothing at all
- April 2018 - only the 1st (this must be a joke )
- May 2018 - one Sunday night
- June 2018 - three Sunday nights
- July 2018 - two Sunday nights

I can hardly imagine that they are almost fully booked for reward stays as far out as June next year. Something's fishy.
100room HIE so I'd expect 5rooms/night so yes does look strange, though with the odd Sunday night showing as award for June, ones assumption is awards were loaded and grabbed by IHGers, but seems unlikely
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:31 pm

There are a lot of hotels playing with this, and not offering what is provided by the rules. Sometimes it pays off to insist with IHG.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have been trying to book the Intercontinetal Danang but can't get the award night quoted on any date in 2019. Does anyone know what is behind this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.