Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by groenroos
I do not disagree with your premise, but I've also been stung in the past (in general, not for this promo) by these catch-all "any rate we deem to be non-qualifying at our sole discretion" clauses, with no joy from calling customer services, no matter what kind of logical argument I could give them.

It could very well be though that this is just a glitch in their IT system. In this particular promo, I've had stays count towards a task, then a few days later disappear, and then re-appear another week later; so some discount rates requiring human intervention to post is certainly par for the course.
To be fair, after contacting them a few times, they resolved my issue. They said they contacted the hotel and it was a qualifying rate (certainly it was not 30% off, only about $20, the same as if I'd booked it at a pre-paid rate a month in advance). The initial 'non-qualifying' stay was reversed and I got credit, which fulfilled the promotion as well :-) I will not, however, book one of those 'flash sale' rates again, if a qualified stay is needed!
groenroos likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ismilee
To be fair, after contacting them a few times, they resolved my issue. They said they contacted the hotel and it was a qualifying rate (certainly it was not 30% off, only about $20, the same as if I'd booked it at a pre-paid rate a month in advance). The initial 'non-qualifying' stay was reversed and I got credit, which fulfilled the promotion as well :-) I will not, however, book one of those 'flash sale' rates again, if a qualified stay is needed!
Glad to hear it all got resolved in the end! I still have a few stays yet to come to fulfil all my tasks, so it's good to know that IHG is willing to correct non-posting rates retroactively. Enjoy your points!
Ismilee likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Stayed last weekend, regular points posted Tuesday, but no promotional points yet (was supposed to complete the "Stay 2 brands" task). Is this normal?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:50 pm

Can we expend a new promo as from May 1st? Or likely to face a gap?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Quick question:

Does a 2 night stay, checking in 29th April checking out 1st May count for this promo?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Does a 2 night stay, checking in 29th April checking out 1st May count for this promo?
No; the stay must be completed on or before April 30, 2019, as per the promo terms and conditions.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
My offer was:

6,600: Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
36,000: Stay at 6 brands.
4,000: Stay 5 time(s) using your corporate rate. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.
12,000: Book 2 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
8,400: Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night,
16,800: Stay at 6 IHG hotel(s)
2,000: Stay onceNot a great few months to be staying at the same hotel Tuesday-Thursday with zero flexibility.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by groenroos
No; the stay must be completed on or before April 30, 2019, as per the promo terms and conditions.
Not correct. You just have to stay by April 30. You can even register on April 30 so your interpretation of the rules is not correct. I've done these for years. I know.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by adobbing
Quick question:

Yes, you're fine. Don't listen to anyone else. I've stayed up to 300 nights in a year at IHG hotels. I know.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by 336
Can we expend a new promo as from May 1st? Or likely to face a gap?

Last year a promo beginning May 1st was published April 12th
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post29631606
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Last year a promo beginning May 1st was published April 12th
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post29631606
I inquired and was told it is starting the second or third week of May 2019.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Originally Posted by Temedar
Stayed last weekend, regular points posted Tuesday, but no promotional points yet (was supposed to complete the "Stay 2 brands" task). Is this normal?
I was only offered this task and when I go onto the offers section I see 0 / 40,000 in the progress bar at the top, but "24%" for the status (screenshot attached). I too was concerned, especially when viewing on the app, I was not getting the points but this was not the case.

You can look at individual stays here https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/e...-mgmt/activity and there should be able to see "Double Your Stay" as a line item within the total earned for a stay.

Unlike accelerate, it's bundled in the total for the Qualifying Stay when looking at the Account Activity and not its own line item there,

. As long as you see stays registering and a percentage in the progress I think you should be getting the points.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Anyone hearing anything about Q2 promos yet?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Anyone hearing anything about Q2 promos yet?
Two posts above yours is the closest to "hearing anything" yet.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
I inquired and was told it is starting the second or third week of May 2019.
This is so bad, I am having a stay right in the beginning

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.