Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'm convinced a lot of people would never be satisfied with these offers unless it said earn 100,000 points for 1 stay. I was pretty happy with mine for the most part. I wish the bonus point package offers would go away. I'm never able to use those.

14,000 - Stay more, earn more - 7 nights
14,400 - Discover 3 brands - 14,400
8,000 - Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday
6,600 - 2 Bonus point packages
6,400 - 8 Corporate account bonus stays
1,500 - IHG credit card spend
3,000 - February bonus offer

This actually may be the first quarter ever where my leisure stays may outpace my business stays. That will make Saturday, 7 nights, IHG credit card, and 3 brands easy. I should be able to hit everything except for bonus point package will be a miss, and corporate rate may be close. I like the 3 brands offer.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by minz56
I registered for the promo and everything is fine (except for showing the end date of 15 March as others have noted - presumably an error). Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot of my offers and now I can find no way of finding out what they are. Any suggestions? Maybe I am missing something simple!
15 March is when registration closes. They seem to have just picked the wrong date to use for the calculation.
These promotions seem to be like this each time. I am sure they will fix things up as they go.

(and my 'hidden' offers aren't too bad either - not that they really work!)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

According to a recent exchange with the IHG Twitter team, the promotion runs only till March 15.

Screenshot from Twitter

This is a bit confusing, as the landing page states April 15, the terms and conditions state Arpil 30 ....
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by BaconSF

since the “70 days” is a calculation done in the back end that changes daily, it actually is an IT issue
Maybe. However the landing pages says "As an IHG Rewards Club member you can earn at least 40,000 bonus points by staying at any of our 5,500+ hotels around the world from January 15 to April 15. Register now, before March 15, to start earning toward free nights today." ( https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019 )

So if they used (or were told to use) April 15th as the end date then they actually did a good job.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Does anyone have any experience of past promos where a stay started before the promo period but checkout was after it? Do IHG count these as part of the promo?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by perthite
Mine has improved from last time (more back to how things used to be!)

Earn 107,200 total bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

19,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.

11,200 Stay at InterContinental® Hotels
Stay at 2 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 11,200 bonus points.

5,600 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.

6,600 Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

52,600 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 52,600 bonus points.

2,000 February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.
This is a great offer. Wish I had gotten it.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
According to a recent exchange with the IHG Twitter team, the promotion runs only till March 15.

Screenshot from Twitter

This is a bit confusing, as the landing page states April 15, the terms and conditions state Arpil 30 ....
Replace "a bit confusing" with "wrong." The IT people clearly don't know the answer. It would be nice if an IHG representative could clear this matter up as I have a stay between April 15 and April 30, without which I will not get any significant points from this promo. Without clarification, I will assume April 15 is the end date and book elsewhere.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:22 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Replace "a bit confusing" with "wrong." The IT people clearly don't know the answer. It would be nice if an IHG representative could clear this matter up as I have a stay between April 15 and April 30, without which I will not get any significant points from this promo. Without clarification, I will assume April 15 is the end date and book elsewhere.
I have send a PM to the IHG representatives, which have not been very active in the last couple of months .... May I suggest, that some of you using twitter bringt this thread to the attention of the twitter representatives as well?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My offer is heavy on points for staying with 4 brands.

33,600 - Stay at 4 brands
8,400 - Stay 2 weekends
2,800 - Stay at 3 hotels
1,500 - Pay with the credit card

Interestingly there's no "Complete all 4 offers" kicker for me.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'm convinced a lot of people would never be satisfied with these offers unless it said earn 100,000 points for 1 stay. I was pretty happy with mine for the most part.
​​​​​​Mine were at least partially achievable until the last one, and this one, where my targets are pretty much out of the realm of possibility.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by antuk
Does anyone have any experience of past promos where a stay started before the promo period but checkout was after it? Do IHG count these as part of the promo?
i had a stay at a holiday inn in the U.K., which started before the last promo began but ended after it had started.

The double points promo was for stays from 16/09 but this stay started on 12/09 and ended on 18/09 yet it posted “double points” for the whole stay.

Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
My favorite line in the promotion announcement is, "It's that simple."
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by skitchen

i had a stay at a holiday inn in the U.K., which started before the last promo began but ended after it had started.

The double points promo was for stays from 16/09 but this stay started on 12/09 and ended on 18/09 yet it posted “double points” for the whole stay.

Thanks, Im wondering if i risk it or i check out and check in to another IHG hotel nearby on the 15th - doing so i wouldnt get the 4 nights stay though, argh!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
My offer is heavy on points for staying with 4 brands.

33,600 - Stay at 4 brands
8,400 - Stay 2 weekends
2,800 - Stay at 3 hotels
1,500 - Pay with the credit card

Interestingly there's no "Complete all 4 offers" kicker for me.
My offer is very similarly heavy on points for staying with 4 brands, but some of the other tasks on mine are different.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Not too aggressive, but not too generous

40,000Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 20 night(s) and earn 40,000 bonus point24,000Stay at InterContinental® Hotels
Stay at 9 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 24,000 bonus points.14,400Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 9 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 14,400 bonus points.6,600Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.6,800Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 4 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 6,800 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.
The Saturday night ain't going to happen. The 20 nights are a layup. The 9 ICs should happen (I did 18 different in the 3/4Q 2018 promotion).
The corporate account thing is new but I just started using.
It's easy doing 2 bonus point packages just for the promo; otherwise I would likely not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.