IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 2, 19, 12:08 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beachmouse
Wiki Link
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:


For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 26, 19, 8:14 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
I have the task of 5 bonus packages.

Does anyone know if I stay for a 5 night stay that I have booked with a 1000 night bonus count or will it have to be 5 different bookings
Tw33ty is offline  
Old Jan 26, 19, 2:00 pm
  #197  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,026
Originally Posted by antuk View Post
Is this unusual? Ive never had a problem with bonus points, welcome points, or any other points and IHG ones post quicker than any other hotel chain
It depends on the task "complexity" as to how long it takes. While I'm not sure if multi-brand bonuses took long in previous cycles, there are certainly some other kinds of tasks (which require correlating multiple databases) which are still likely to take a while.

So you cannot expect the same posting time for everything IHG. It depends on the promo task as to whether it can post quickly or not.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Feb 3, 19, 1:38 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sydney
Programs: EK Gold, AA Exp, S-L Diamond, IC SpAmb, HH Diamond, Marr Gold, Accor Plat, Taj Plat, Amex Centurion
Posts: 466
Did anyone get the February bonus points already?
Do they count for the achievement bonus or not? (5 out of 6 offers, 6 out of 7 offers, etc suggest it does).
DUflyer is offline  
Old Feb 3, 19, 2:01 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Yes I have the Feb bonus one completed and it counted as one of main 5/6
Tw33ty is offline  
Old Feb 4, 19, 6:35 am
  #200  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
Posts: 133
I don't seem to be able to see any updates on my offers page....it says I'm registered for the promo and I have the original email showing my personalised targets (also with the February 4/5 or 5/5 confusion) but normally I thought there was a page showing % of each target achieved etc....am I missing something ?
star_crazy is offline  
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:53 am
  #201  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold. ihg Spire Elite. Hilton Honors Diamond. Radisson Gold
Posts: 438
Originally Posted by star_crazy View Post
I don't seem to be able to see any updates on my offers page....it says I'm registered for the promo and I have the original email showing my personalised targets (also with the February 4/5 or 5/5 confusion) but normally I thought there was a page showing % of each target achieved etc....am I missing something ?
If you log in from the link below, it should take you straight to the page showing your targets/part-completed and completed tasks during the current promotion period.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...egistered=true

BM
BarneyMcGrew is offline  
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:45 pm
  #202  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew View Post
If you log in from the link below, it should take you straight to the page showing your targets/part-completed and completed tasks during the current promotion period.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...egistered=true

BM
perfect, thank you!
star_crazy is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 11:12 am
  #203  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: U.K.
Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Posts: 686
Originally Posted by chrislondon2 View Post
Delighted and surprised to see that my stay (as part of the free night promo) at the Met Hotel Leeds counted as one of the brands I need for the Discover Our Brands requirement. Not sure if that's Indigo fulfilled as the Met will become an Indigo next year..
Do you know more about as which brand it counts, or which not (based on other stays you might had since)?
a9504477 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 9:33 pm
  #204  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PEK and BOS
Programs: BA - Blue
Posts: 3,682
deconvoluting paid/award stays

I recently had a stay at a HI: first night was paid, rest of the nights were award. To save checking in/out, settled the bill all in one go at the very end: but it's now logged the first paid night as a "non-qualifying stay, 0 points" (since I hadn't paid at that point), and the second stay as "non-qualifying stay, discounted rate".

Since that first night would trigger two separate tasks for this promo (and the overall bonus), I'm rather keen to get it recognised as a qualifying stay...I'll call up CS, but any hints/ pointers on how to go about it?

tb
trueblu is offline  
Old Feb 15, 19, 9:35 am
  #205  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by trueblu View Post
I recently had a stay at a HI: first night was paid, rest of the nights were award. To save checking in/out, settled the bill all in one go at the very end: but it's now logged the first paid night as a "non-qualifying stay, 0 points" (since I hadn't paid at that point), and the second stay as "non-qualifying stay, discounted rate".

Since that first night would trigger two separate tasks for this promo (and the overall bonus), I'm rather keen to get it recognised as a qualifying stay...I'll call up CS, but any hints/ pointers on how to go about it?

tb
This happens to me all the time. My first step is to fill out the missing points form on the website. This usually takes care of things w/o further effort, although triggering the task completion might be a different story.
Deez Nutz is offline  
Old Feb 15, 19, 4:56 pm
  #206  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by Tw33ty View Post
Yes I have the Feb bonus one completed and it counted as one of main 5/6
Mine appears to have counted, too, although it's hard to say if it will qualify as one of the '4 of 5 offers' at the end with the conflicting information shown in emails and in my online account. Hopefully it will count!
Ismilee is offline  
Old Feb 16, 19, 8:43 am
  #207  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PEK and BOS
Programs: BA - Blue
Posts: 3,682
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz View Post
This happens to me all the time. My first step is to fill out the missing points form on the website. This usually takes care of things w/o further effort, although triggering the task completion might be a different story.
Thanks...I called CS and they sorted it out, and it's now showing as a qualifying stay, but not updated on the promo as yet..but I guess now I have a fall-back if that doesn't get fixed in a short while..

tb
trueblu is offline  
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:15 pm
  #208  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London, England
Programs: BA:Gold; IHG: Platinum;
Posts: 37
I suspect the Met in Leeds counts as an Indigo for the purposes of "Discover our Brands". I've since had CP and HI stays and these were counted towards my brand requirement. I understand from the staff at the Mety that it will become an Indigo eventually.
chrislondon2 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 19, 10:37 pm
  #209  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 25
My offer is pretty difficult to reach, even though I have several weeklong trips coming up. The kicker is this:

6,600 - Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 4 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

OK great..... I continue to look at many hotels (currently looking in DFW area), and cannot find any that offer these "Bonus Points Packages."
Does anyone have some kind of rate code/promo code that I can use to search the IHG websites for hotels that offer these, or any tips to finding them?

Pretty sad that I will be pretty much traveling every week for the next several weeks, and will not be able to achieve all 5 of the 5 offered to get the big achievement bonus.
WannaTheater is offline  
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:24 am
  #210  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post
My offer is pretty difficult to reach, even though I have several weeklong trips coming up. The kicker is this:

6,600 - Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 4 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

OK great..... I continue to look at many hotels (currently looking in DFW area), and cannot find any that offer these "Bonus Points Packages."
Does anyone have some kind of rate code/promo code that I can use to search the IHG websites for hotels that offer these, or any tips to finding them?

Pretty sad that I will be pretty much traveling every week for the next several weeks, and will not be able to achieve all 5 of the 5 offered to get the big achievement bonus.
Is there a drop down menu under 'Member Rate'? That should have the option to add bonus points.
Deez Nutz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread