Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you complete two tasks simultaneously? Like a weekend night and staying at one of the three brands? If so, this means there are some combinations that would get you to the maximum number of points faster.
Sure.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you complete two tasks simultaneously? Like a weekend night and staying at one of the three brands? If so, this means there are some combinations that would get you to the maximum number of points faster.
You can stack tasks involving paid stays pretty infinitely. The non-stacking tasks are things like 'book a points and cash stay' (which becomes an award stay at booking) or 'use your reward points' or 'buy award points' that don't involved paid stays
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:50 am

Would staying January 14-15 count for this promotion?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by jrobinson
Would staying January 14-15 count for this promotion?
I asked IHG a similar question (13th-17th) and they said no - but someone earlier on this thread said they had got the points in the past. So now im in the dilemma do i split the booking into two to guarantee credit for at least one of them, or book the 4 nights and if it does credit ill get a bonus for the 4 night stay (which is one of my targets)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
it says
How does it work?

1. Register by 15 March 2019.
2. Book at any IHG® hotel around the world.
3. Stay from now until 30 April 2019.
4. Earn bonus points to use toward Reward Nights.

does that mean that stays done now before jan 15th are also counting??
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
also i have a stay 7 nights and a sat stay bonus (sat stay + another night)
would the weekend stay at same hotel count as two nights for the stay 7nights or not?
thanks
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat

Earn 41,600 total bonus points.

10,000Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.
19,200Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.
5,600Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points
6,800Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 4 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 6,800 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
it says
How does it work?

1. Register by 15 March 2019.
2. Book at any IHG® hotel around the world.
3. Stay from now until 30 April 2019.
4. Earn bonus points to use toward Reward Nights.

does that mean that stays done now before jan 15th are also counting??
the day clock is already counting down, although i believe in the T&C it states between Jan 15 and April 30.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:37 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
My promo says it is only until march 15th???

P.S do stays booked before this promo started count? ( for the promo duration)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel

must registered by March 15th.

yes, as long as you're registered by the check out date.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel

If the terms of the individual task only talk about stays being consumed in the promotion period then yes.

There are usually a couple of tasks around (and you may not have one), that require booking in a given period.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by jpdx
I got the "don't bother staying with us" version of the promo:

- Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 40,000 bonus points
- Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points
This is what I got. And I have always gotten good Accelerator goals in the past (usually some combination of 5 or 6 nights for at least an additional 30-40K bonus points). However, I'm not that upset, as I plan on staying at Hilton properties in the next few months, as their current promo is really good. I should complete the 30 nights for HH Diamond status for less than $1K in spend.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
The days remaining seems to have updated now to tie in with the promo finishing at the end of Apr.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
I got the "don't bother staying with us" version of the promo:

- Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 40,000 bonus points
- Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points
that wld be a great offer for me, none of the multiple properties, on weekends etc.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver

I'm pretty excited about my offer. I need to sit down and figure this one out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.