Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Below is my promotion. I think the formatting is curious that it says "complete 6 out of 7 offers" for the bonus achievement when there are only six offers listed above it. The seventh offer below the achievement bonus, "stay once in February" has traditionally been the sort of offer that is excluded by the achievement bonus. I've noticed the same formatting in others' offers. My specific concern is that it really means to say "complete 6 out of 6 offers." Anyone have any insight into this? Am I overthinking this? .
My insight is that this is just the normal shenanigans that goes on with this promotion (I think they sometimes count the completion bonus in the total that you have to complete)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond

I'm not sure about the 12 weekend combos in only two months.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:00 am

For past IHG promos, has anyone successfully had a large group conference/meeting rate count? T&Cs appear to shun anything booked outside of IHG's ecosystem, so I assume there's no hope of being considered a qualified stay?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by enabler
For past IHG promos, has anyone successfully had a large group conference/meeting rate count? T&Cs appear to shun anything booked outside of IHG's ecosystem, so I assume there's no hope of being considered a qualified stay?
Sadly they don't count. The only time I got a conference stay to count was when I booked the accommdation directly on the ihg website using the partner rate with 30% off as it was cheaper than the conference organiser's offered rate.

BM

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Jan 6, 2019 at 6:49 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
I can easily fulfill this:
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I got the "don't bother staying with us" version of the promo:

- Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 40,000 bonus points
- Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points
DuMaInSin, Tim O'Brien and Sisosig like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
MY OFFERS:

Double Your Stay
Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 40,000 bonus points.

February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.

I think this is not bad when considering IHG promos in the past would require you stay at different hotels or one specific hotel for several nights or more just to get more points. Also, I got a stay at a Holiday Inn Express in early February, so I will get that 2,000 pt bonus.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Mine are decent if not as good as used to get under Accelerate.

Earn 49,400 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Free Nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points.

My Offers

Points ValueOffer DescriptionStatus28,800Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 28,800 bonus points.

8,400Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.

5,600Stay at 5 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 5 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

6,600Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

I also have a bunch of hidden offers. Two of Stay once (2000 and 3000), three of Stay two times (4K,5K,6K) and two of Stay three times (6K and 10K). Dunno what to do about them.

I wish bonus night counted, I'd be well set with upcoming HI and Candlewood Suites stays.
Otherwise it doesn't look like I'll be able to do three stays in IHG hotels, let alone different brands.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:38 am

One thing I’m not sure about, if it’s on stays starting on the 15th of January, if I’ve already booked stays at the end of January will they count towards my goals? Or does the booking also have to be made after the 15th of January?

anyone had early bookings count and points post?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tw33ty
One thing I’m not sure about, if it’s on stays starting on the 15th of January, if I’ve already booked stays at the end of January will they count towards my goals? Or does the booking also have to be made after the 15th of January?

I don't think when you book matters, it's when your actual stays that falls within the promo qualification dates does. So book away.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by Tw33ty

When I look at the terms of my seven offers, exactly one (book one stay of four or more nights) specifically mentions booking and staying within the promotion period starting Jan 15. All of my other offers don’t mention booking time. It’s very possible that in practice, booking time doesn’t matter. However, due to my history with IHG “customer care” and “IT” I’ll be waiting until Jan 15 to book that particular stay. 😀
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by jpdx
I got the "don't bother staying with us" version of the promo:

- Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 40,000 bonus points
- Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points
I got exactly the same version. For previous promotions I often booked extra weekend stays, shifted stays from other chains to IHG, hopped around to collect multiple brands, canceled reward stays and rebooked them as paid stays etc. just to get all offers checked and get my achievement bonus. Apparently IHG doesn't appreciate my efforts. So the coming months I will just be burning my points and may chose other chains for paid stays.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Now the meter says 112 days so my version must NOT be until March 15 but end of april
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Don't understand what's wrong. Earning preference is points.

Originally Posted by IHG
Oh no! Based on your current earning preference, you aren't eligible for this offer. But here are others you might like....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can you complete two tasks simultaneously? Like a weekend night and staying at one of the three brands? If so, this means there are some combinations that would get you to the maximum number of points faster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.