Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Seem to be a lot of us, including me, with a challenge that involves staying a Saturday night (I have been asked to do 4 of them) +another night (ie Friday/Saturday)

I passed on the Q4 double points as was too weak and will cherry pick the Q1 challenge as not interested in doing 4 lots of weekend stays. I would have thought IHG would be targetting the business travellers and the last thing we want to do is spend even more time in a crappy IHG property on the weekends (so we can deduce that the "person" responsible for the Q1 challenge doesn't travel much and think they can raise revene by trying to get me to stay on a weekend - end result I ignore most of the challenge and IHG lose revenue!)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:45 am

Once again the weekend nights are a killer. My offer was:

60K - Stay 30 nights
19.2K - Stay 12 weekends (There are only 13 weekends in the promotion period)
14K - Stay 5 IHG Hotels
7K - Book 7 Bonus Pack stays
6.8K - Book 4 times with corporate rate
Raynyan likes this.

Last edited by stillontheroad; Jan 3, 2019 at 8:48 am Reason: corrected spelling
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is certainly better than the last promo but I'll have to shift major business to make it work:

14,000 Points: Stay More Earn More. 7 Nights Earn 14,000 Points

14,400 Points: Discover Our Brands. Stay at 3 Brands and Earn 14,400 Points

16,800 Points: Stay at 6 IHG Hotels. Stay at 6 IHG Hotels and earn 16,800 Points

6,600 Points: Earn More, Faster. Earn 6,600 Points When You book 4 Bonus Point Packages.

4,000 Points: Stay a Little Longer. Earn 4,000 points for one stay of 4 nights

1,500 Points: Book and Stay on IHG Credit Card.

3,000 Points: February Bonus Offer. Stay Once in February Earn 3,000 Points
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
My highest ever IHG total points offer, for the annual quarter I always travel the least. Some are doable, some are not. At least I will get some bonus points.

Earn 121,400 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Free Nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points.
Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 31,200 bonus points.

Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 8,400 bonus points.

Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.

Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.

Earn More, Faster
Earn 7,200 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 59,700 bonus points.

February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
The T&Cs are a shambles.

Dashboard say 70 days left and 40k double points.
T&Cs say max 15k double points and 15 Jan - 30 Apr which is much more than 70 days!

Typical IHG IT.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strickers
The T&Cs are a shambles.

T&Cs say max 15k double points and 15 Jan - 30 Apr which is much more than 70 days!

Typical IHG IT.
I have a conspiracy theory: IHG IT hurried to open the registration when the promo link was leaked online. Thus some components were not written correctly. Again, a conspiracy theory only, no prove at all.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by strickers
The T&Cs are a shambles.

Typical IHG IT.
I doubt that IT is to blame for this. IT usually don't write the texts. If IT are involved at all they just publish whatever they get from marketing / sales or whoever is responsible for writing this. There is certainly a lot of room for improvement but we should not blame IT for each and every mistake.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I doubt that IT is to blame for this. IT usually don't write the texts. If IT are involved at all they just publish whatever they get from marketing / sales or whoever is responsible for writing this. There is certainly a lot of room for improvement but we should not blame IT for each and every mistake.
since the “70 days” is a calculation done in the back end that changes daily, it actually is an IT issue
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Same

Originally Posted by minz56
I registered for the promo and everything is fine (except for showing the end date of 15 March as others have noted - presumably an error). Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot of my offers and now I can find no way of finding out what they are. Any suggestions? Maybe I am missing something simple!
The only way I've found to pull up your offers now after registering is to do this: Using your phone, go (again) to the offer link posted in the wiki for this topic like you're going to sign up (again) for the offer. It should open up the IHG app and show what your offers are.

I got the dreaded corporate rate task. I've never used a corp rate. One time I booked one night through the travel agency site that is popular for extra perks. As someone discovered and posted last promo time, that can trigger it .
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Will be giving this a pass and focus on Hilton. My offer is:

1k for the app
2k for 4 nights (will achieve this on a prepaid)
3k for two brands
4k for 3 weekend stays
10k bonus for completing 3
20k bonus for completing 4
I received the exact same offer. However, I literally stay at IHG once every two years, so you would think they would send me something a bit more "incentivizing" given my ultra low activity level; ie, I am not going to all of a sudden do 4 nights for a measly 2k points, two brands for 3k, etc. Sorry, IHG, not getting incremental business from me off of this promo.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Earn 42,800 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Free Nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points.My Offers

Points Value Offer Description

Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 28,800 bonus points.

Stay at 4 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 4 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points.

Earn More, Faster
Earn 7,200 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.

This offer isn't as great (or easy) as previous ones such as stay once in February etc Maybe it's because I reached Spire? The offer also doesn't make a lot of sense - Discover our Brands - 3 times = 28,800 compared to Stay at 4 IHG Hotels for a paltry 2800 points!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Interesting T&C:

IHG® Rewards Club "Points & Cash" is an option for obtaining a Reward Night. You may choose to redeem IHG® Rewards Club points for a Reward Night by using your existing points for all required points for the desired Reward Night or using your existing points and purchasing additional points in various increments to total the required points. The total purchase on any single day may not exceed $280USD.

"not exceeding 280$" - beware of this in high-cost cities!
Then, does the language about "all required points" mean that actually a full reward points booking qualifies for a points&cash booking?
No, I think this terms means you can use either 1) existing points in account or 2) new points purchased, for the point part of the P&C booking. And $280 refers to the maximum value of points you can buy each day. So all-point booking shouldn't count.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
The weekend bonus says that it can't be combined with any other offers. Does anyone know from past experience if this means that the nights don't also count toward, for example, a total nights requirement, or is it addressing offers outside of this promotion, or both?
I had this task last time and I just checked that the terms last time also included this clause. However my weekend stays last time (I had three) stacked with with other tasks, eg stay at three brands, so I am assuming/hoping it is the same this time.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Steph58
The only way I've found to pull up your offers now after registering is to do this: Using your phone, go (again) to the offer link posted in the wiki for this topic like you're going to sign up (again) for the offer. It should open up the IHG app and show what your offers are.

I got the dreaded corporate rate task. I've never used a corp rate. One time I booked one night through the travel agency site that is popular for extra perks. As someone discovered and posted last promo time, that can trigger it .
Thanks this worked, though I clicked on the link to the promo on my laptop. Rather than showing me the registration screen it showed my tasks.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA:Gold; IHG: Platinum;
I'm happy enough with my options for this quarter. I'll skip the weekend and the 4 night stay options and pick up 44,000 points by staying for one night at two HI properties and one each at three other brands.

I'm really puzzled by the maintain platinum elite offer, though. I've earned platinum elite for years and did so again last year for 2019. If I stay 5 nights in the promotion period I'm offered a continuation of my Platinum Elite status until 31st Dec 2019, but this challenge is only available if you're already a Platinum Elite which means by definition your already Platinum Elite till the end of the year, doesn't it? Or have I missed something obvious?

Earn 61,200 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Reward Nights. Faster offers and earn total bonus points.

My Offers

Points ValueOffer DescriptionStatus33,600Discover Our Brands
Stay at 4 brands and get 33,600 bonus points.

Terms
BOOK NOW8,400Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 8,400 bonus points.

Terms
BOOK NOW13,200Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 4 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 13,200 bonus points.

Terms
BOOK NOW4,000Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.

Terms
BOOK NOW1Platinum Elite Bonus
Stay 5 nights and continue your Platinum Elite status for 2019.

Terms
BOOK NOW2,000February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.

Terms

PLATINUM ELITE BONUS

Stay 5 nights and continue your Platinum Elite status for 2019.

Must be a Platinum Elite IHG® Rewards Club member. Platinum Elite status will be awarded to member after the consumption of their next 3 qualified nights. Nights must be completed between 15 January 2019 and 30 April 2019. Platinum Elite status will be valid until 31st December, 2019 after which member must re-earn Platinum Elite status. Participating IHG brands include InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® hotels, Kimpton®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts and HUALUXE® hotels worldwide.

A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. No retroactive Platinum Elite status will be awarded for stays prior to 16 September 2019 unless otherwise status is earned under the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. IHG® Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points. IHG® reserves the right to remove a member’s bonus points or cancel a member’s account fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. This exclusive offer valid for original recipient only. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

© 2019 InterContinental Hotels Group, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346-2121 U.S.A. All rights reserved. Most hotels are owned and operated independently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.