Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:14 am

I have the task of 5 bonus packages.

Does anyone know if I stay for a 5 night stay that I have booked with a 1000 night bonus count or will it have to be 5 different bookings
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antuk
Is this unusual? Ive never had a problem with bonus points, welcome points, or any other points and IHG ones post quicker than any other hotel chain
It depends on the task "complexity" as to how long it takes. While I'm not sure if multi-brand bonuses took long in previous cycles, there are certainly some other kinds of tasks (which require correlating multiple databases) which are still likely to take a while.

So you cannot expect the same posting time for everything IHG. It depends on the promo task as to whether it can post quickly or not.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Did anyone get the February bonus points already?
Do they count for the achievement bonus or not? (5 out of 6 offers, 6 out of 7 offers, etc suggest it does).
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:01 pm

Yes I have the Feb bonus one completed and it counted as one of main 5/6
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
I don't seem to be able to see any updates on my offers page....it says I'm registered for the promo and I have the original email showing my personalised targets (also with the February 4/5 or 5/5 confusion) but normally I thought there was a page showing % of each target achieved etc....am I missing something ?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by star_crazy
I don't seem to be able to see any updates on my offers page....it says I'm registered for the promo and I have the original email showing my personalised targets (also with the February 4/5 or 5/5 confusion) but normally I thought there was a page showing % of each target achieved etc....am I missing something ?
If you log in from the link below, it should take you straight to the page showing your targets/part-completed and completed tasks during the current promotion period.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...egistered=true

BM
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
If you log in from the link below, it should take you straight to the page showing your targets/part-completed and completed tasks during the current promotion period.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...egistered=true

BM
perfect, thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by chrislondon2
Delighted and surprised to see that my stay (as part of the free night promo) at the Met Hotel Leeds counted as one of the brands I need for the Discover Our Brands requirement. Not sure if that's Indigo fulfilled as the Met will become an Indigo next year..
Do you know more about as which brand it counts, or which not (based on other stays you might had since)?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
deconvoluting paid/award stays

I recently had a stay at a HI: first night was paid, rest of the nights were award. To save checking in/out, settled the bill all in one go at the very end: but it's now logged the first paid night as a "non-qualifying stay, 0 points" (since I hadn't paid at that point), and the second stay as "non-qualifying stay, discounted rate".

Since that first night would trigger two separate tasks for this promo (and the overall bonus), I'm rather keen to get it recognised as a qualifying stay...I'll call up CS, but any hints/ pointers on how to go about it?

tb
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
I recently had a stay at a HI: first night was paid, rest of the nights were award. To save checking in/out, settled the bill all in one go at the very end: but it's now logged the first paid night as a "non-qualifying stay, 0 points" (since I hadn't paid at that point), and the second stay as "non-qualifying stay, discounted rate".

Since that first night would trigger two separate tasks for this promo (and the overall bonus), I'm rather keen to get it recognised as a qualifying stay...I'll call up CS, but any hints/ pointers on how to go about it?

tb
This happens to me all the time. My first step is to fill out the missing points form on the website. This usually takes care of things w/o further effort, although triggering the task completion might be a different story.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tw33ty
Yes I have the Feb bonus one completed and it counted as one of main 5/6
Mine appears to have counted, too, although it's hard to say if it will qualify as one of the '4 of 5 offers' at the end with the conflicting information shown in emails and in my online account. Hopefully it will count!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
This happens to me all the time. My first step is to fill out the missing points form on the website. This usually takes care of things w/o further effort, although triggering the task completion might be a different story.
Thanks...I called CS and they sorted it out, and it's now showing as a qualifying stay, but not updated on the promo as yet..but I guess now I have a fall-back if that doesn't get fixed in a short while..

tb
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA:Gold; IHG: Platinum;
I suspect the Met in Leeds counts as an Indigo for the purposes of "Discover our Brands". I've since had CP and HI stays and these were counted towards my brand requirement. I understand from the staff at the Mety that it will become an Indigo eventually.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
My offer is pretty difficult to reach, even though I have several weeklong trips coming up. The kicker is this:

6,600 - Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 4 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

OK great..... I continue to look at many hotels (currently looking in DFW area), and cannot find any that offer these "Bonus Points Packages."
Does anyone have some kind of rate code/promo code that I can use to search the IHG websites for hotels that offer these, or any tips to finding them?

Pretty sad that I will be pretty much traveling every week for the next several weeks, and will not be able to achieve all 5 of the 5 offered to get the big achievement bonus.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
My offer is pretty difficult to reach, even though I have several weeklong trips coming up. The kicker is this:

6,600 - Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 4 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

OK great..... I continue to look at many hotels (currently looking in DFW area), and cannot find any that offer these "Bonus Points Packages."
Does anyone have some kind of rate code/promo code that I can use to search the IHG websites for hotels that offer these, or any tips to finding them?

Pretty sad that I will be pretty much traveling every week for the next several weeks, and will not be able to achieve all 5 of the 5 offered to get the big achievement bonus.
Is there a drop down menu under 'Member Rate'? That should have the option to add bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.