Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
A new year and a new IHG promotion. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/multibrand2019
Print Wikipost

IHG 1Q 2019 Multi Brand Promo (15 JAN - 30 APR) - registration open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I won't get anything this time around, maybe just the platinum, as the wife is pregnant so travel is down!

17,600 - Stay at 4 brands

7,200 - Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night

4,500 - Book 1 stay(s) using Points

2,800 - Stay at 5 IHG® Hotels

6,600 - book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s)

6,800 - Stay 4 time(s) using your corporate rate

22,750 - Complete 6 of the 6 offers

1 - Stay 5 nights and enjoy the upgrades of Platinum Elite status for 2019
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Mine is ....ED UP....

1. 6,000 stay 6 nights
2. 19,200 Stay at 3 brands
3. 5,600 2 weekend stays
4. 4,500 Points + cash stay
5. 6,600 2 bonus point package stays

bonus 20, 950 when you complete 5 of 6 offers

bonus offers

1. 2,000 February stay
2. stay 1 night and get gold----except I earned gold in 2018.

when I copied the website and pasted it in a Word document I get additional bonus offers with stay 2 nights get xx bonus points ---about 5 show up.

Last edited by djp98374; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:00 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Double points on every stay (starting with second stay) up to 40,000 points. That's it. Just the one offer.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Below is my promotion. I think the formatting is curious that it says "complete 6 out of 7 offers" for the bonus achievement when there are only six offers listed above it. The seventh offer below the achievement bonus, "stay once in February" has traditionally been the sort of offer that is excluded by the achievement bonus. I've noticed the same formatting in others' offers. My specific concern is that it really means to say "complete 6 out of 6 offers." Anyone have any insight into this? Am I overthinking this?

Earn 91,000 total bonus points.

Discover Our Brands
Stay at 4 brands and get 22,400 bonus points.
Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 7,200 bonus points
Stay at 4 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 4 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 2,800 bonus points.
Earn More, Faster
Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 2 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.
Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 44,500 bonus points.
February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 2,000 bonus points.
To follow up - the "free nights faster" email that I received today that lists the tasks specifically says "complete 6 out of 6 offers" for the achievement bonus and the February Bonus offer is not shaded like the others. This is consistent with accelerate offers in the past.

However, when I log into the promotion, it still says "complete 6 out of 7 offers" and the February bonus offer is not shaded.

My guess is that the email is the one that is correct - it's something others may want to watch out for.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by djp98374
Mine is ....ED UP....

1. 6,000 stay 6 nights
2. 19,200 Stay at 3 brands
3. 5,600 2 weekend stays
4. 4,500 Points + cash stay
5. 6,600 2 bonus point package stays

bonus 20, 950 when you complete 5 of 6 offers
Aside from the "5 of 6" line have the wrong count your offers look pretty good. And the "5 of 6" when there are only 5 tasks has occurred in past promos. Expect IHG to fix it without notice, either by changing the phrase or adding a 6th task.

when I copied the website and pasted it in a Word document I get additional bonus offers with stay 2 nights get xx bonus points ---about 5 show up.
That happened in the past promo, too. The explanation is/was that IHG codes their HTML page such that it has a whole bunch of offers in the source code and blanks out the ones you're not eligible for. Depending on how you copy the page those offers may appear when pasted to a text editing app.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JohnK
Don't understand what's wrong. Earning preference is points.
I received that error message too, but only briefly, before the web site then displayed my tasks!

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Aside from the "5 of 6" line have the wrong count your offers look pretty good. And the "5 of 6" when there are only 5 tasks has occurred in past promos. Expect IHG to fix it without notice, either by changing the phrase or adding a 6th task.
This could suck a lot. I have a "5 of 6" completion bonus. I assumed it was including the Feb bonus offer in the 6. One of the offers adds to much expense to be worth it for me, so whether it's really "5 of 6" or "5 of 5" determines whether I bother booking any IHG properties or not.
Ismilee likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My total was 74k but it requires 26 nights, some packages, etc. Not worth it.

But there is an easy 26k subset for doing 6 different properties and 3 different brands. That's easy enough to knock off for my regular late February and March travel.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:06 am

inexpensive bonus points packages?

My challenge includes a bonus point package. Forgive me if this has been covered - I can't find it . . . does anyone know how to find low-cost bonus point bookings for airport properties? I've tried the Guess and Check method, but if there's a list out there, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ejay
My challenge includes a bonus point package. Forgive me if this has been covered - I can't find it . . . does anyone know how to find low-cost bonus point bookings for airport properties? I've tried the Guess and Check method, but if there's a list out there, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Unless I'm missing something from your question, the more important element is the underlying room rate. The bonus point package then adds on an amount to cover the "bonus point package"; this is never going to be free, nor should it ever cost a fortune for a one-night stay. Unless you have access to 100% free air travel and want to waste time in the air to get to the cheapest IHG hotel around, your best bet is to just stay at an IHG hotel convenient to your travels and pay the extra...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The bonus point package then adds on an amount to cover the "bonus point package"; this is never going to be free, nor should it ever cost a fortune for a one-night stay. Unless you have access to 100% free air travel and want to waste time in the air to get to the cheapest IHG hotel around, your best bet is to just stay at an IHG hotel convenient to your travels and pay the extra...
Some bonus point packages add way more cost than others. Some properties don't have one listed at all. Some having multiple ones. (e.g. offering 2k points or 4k points) Especially when there are a number of IHG properties in one area, it would be nice to not have to check them all individually.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Some bonus point packages add way more cost than others. Some properties don't have one listed at all. Some having multiple ones. (e.g. offering 2k points or 4k points) Especially when there are a number of IHG properties in one area, it would be nice to not have to check them all individually.
Yeah, but is a $100 room rate with +$30 extra for the bonus point package better or worse for you than a $150 room rate with a $10 bump for the extra points?

These charges are also variable and depend on length of stay, so any wiki would be out of date within minutes...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
When does the clock officially start?

Does it start with stays checking out on the 15th? Or is it stays that start on the 15th or later?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When will they have a link to the dashboard from my account? My account still just shows:

You've signed up for these offers:

Reward Nights Faster
Starts: 01/15/2019
Ends: 04/30/2019

with no link at all.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderer22
Double points on every stay (starting with second stay) up to 40,000 points. That's it. Just the one offer.
An aweseome offer in comparison to mine - shame we can't swap.

16,000 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 5 brands and get 16,000 bonus points.
(Not going to happen - I've only stayed at 4 brands over the past 12 years!

9,600 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 6 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 9,600 bonus points
(I'l be staying 6 Saturdays, but not the extra nights.)

16,800 Stay at 6 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 6 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 16,800 bonus points
(The only way I could do this is if I were going on holiday - and I'm not until much later in the year)

9,000 Earn More, Faster
Earn 9,000 bonus points when you book 11 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.
(I usually book the 5,000-points-for-a-fiver package at the HI where I stay a couple of times a month. Doing that is good value, but booking more than the 7 nights I would usually stay in this period isn't!)

February Bonus Offer
Stay once in February and get 3,000 bonus points.
(Yay! I'll get this one.)

Hopefully a near enough complete miss this time around will reset them to a better set next time.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
I am trying to understand the requirement for bonus packages, as there are two options:
1. The regular bonus points package, as always
2. Option to purchase 1000, 2000, or 3000 points together with the reservation for $4.50/1000

Now my question is will a booking with the second option, when I pay extra $4.50 for 1000 points count towards the "bonus points package" activity, or this must be something marked as "Bonus Points PACKAGE"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.