Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Ube

ANA Crowne Plaza Ube

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally)happy with the hotel/stay?
No.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked One King Bed Premier Deluxe Room, received same (no upgrade). One day before arrival, I received a mail that “You’ve been upgraded”. But upon check-in, front office lady told me no upgrade due to room inventory.

How are the rooms?
30SQM. Tasteless, but well refurbished. Electric Massage chair is equipped. All others are nothing special. However, this hotel standard room size is around 30sqm relatively spacious than Japanese Crowne Plaza.

Video of One King Bed Premier Deluxe Room:

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel does not have exec. lounge.

What was your welcome gift?
None

What was good?
+++++ Breakfast is delicious
+++++ Room is relatively spacious than Japanese Crowne Plaza.

What was bad?
----- No upgrade even though they sent a mail that “You’ve been upgraded” to me.
----- I needed to change a room due to noise from air conditioner. I moved to downstairs.
----- No sightseeing spot around the hotel
----- Hotel neighborhood is a ghost town in night time

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
No.

Would you return?
No. This hotel owner is Japanese major chemical company Ube Industry, Ltd. This hotel is just for business traveler to Ube Industry or wedding party venue for locals. Not for other purpose travelers.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
QO Amsterdam

What is your Priority Club status?
SPire elite
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Super!
Standard, upgraded to an executive king
How are the rooms?
Environmental friendly themed, uses a bit of industrial loft style of design and decoration, but some part of the room does look like flawed... missing ceiling tiles, rotten-water stain on wall, maybe it’s a part of the design? I don’t know...but overall a very comfortable room. Super fluffy pillows, there’s no in room directory, room service menu, everything is displayed on the in-room iPad, you get to control the lights TV curtain, order In room dining, make table reservations, housekeeping requests all via that same iPad.
How is the exec. lounge?
Nil
What was good and what was bad?
Liked the concept, something totally different from any other IHG brands out there, although I can say it’s similar to indigo, and voco themed? Kinda like the combo of the 2.
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
55000 IHG points a night of what normally a €180, not bad for a try, afterall there’s only 1 QO in the world (for now?), would love to return
FLYGVA and Raynyan like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:37 am

HIEX Amsterdam South

Spire
Yes
Standard room, no upgrade in HIEX
How are the rooms?
Normal HIEX size, there are only 3 floors. Ground, 1 and 2/F, so do expect any high floor rooms.

How is the exec. lounge?
Nil
FO with very good membership recognition, super friendly
negative-no complimentary water provided, but there’s a supermarket one street away.
breakfast variety was so-so
when all IHG hotels out there are €150 above, this one is barely €100 so I have no complaint, easy access via the tram system with only 30 minutes away from the central station
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:37 am

Intercontinental amstel amsterdam

Spire
Yes
Standard, upgraded to executive king with riverview
How are the rooms?
Good size, considering this building is 150 years old, it’s well kept. Was in 218, shower wasn’t the greatest as the shower head leaks, but other than that everything is perfect, very good staffs especially from the concierge team
How is the exec. lounge?
Nil
Good-staff attentiveness
bad-can’t think of one
60000 points in exchange for a night (the cheapest room on the night that I’ve stayed was €651++ so you can do the math). Reward night -value for money, if I was to pay €600 a night.. might as well stay at the kimpton or QO!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HIX Barcelona City 22@

HIX

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? One room type only, was allocated to the top floor.

How are the rooms? Clean and modern and with a bath.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? Breakfast wasn’t bad. I chose a glass of vino as my welcome amenity and received the welcome points on top. Close to the subway. Nothing was bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid €96 which was a lot cheaper than other hotels in the centre.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:51 am

Kimpton Dewitt

Spire
Started off nice, then it went downhill
Standard, upgraded to king deluxe
How are the rooms?
Good room size, warm feel, my room was on the top floor facing the Main Street. Good view, ok soundproof. I have had kids running along the corridor from 9am onwards, luckily I was up already
How is the exec. lounge?
Nil
Good just see above
here are the bads
check in late at night, staff didn’t know about spire benefits, needed to ask for the raid the bar thingy (thanks Flyertalk peeps), was given a late check out till 3pm, hskp entered my room without knocking nor ringing the bell and entered straightaway at 1pm, I was watching TV on my bed (fully dressed, don’t worry) she was apologetic enough and said her colleague made a mistake by telling her wrong information... okkkk too much for me to know.
then I left an envelope at the reception for my friend to pick up (room key) as he wanted to use the shower first and I headed out and would return later to take shower before heading to the airport. Guess what. HSKP cleaned the room and had another guests welcome card innit already. I was so embarrassed and simply told my friend to go to the airport and use the lounge together instead.
very disappointing
it was a €275 room. If simply with the room, location and design yes, but the soft touches... naaaaa!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:21 am

CP Amsterdam Schiphol

CP Amsterdam Schiphol

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked two double beds superior room, upgraded to a suite.

How are the rooms? Great for the three of us, king bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room.

How is the exec. lounge? Popped in for a drink on arrival and a coffee/pastry for breakfast the following morning.

What was good and what was bad? Received welcome points AND upgrade to Club Lounge. Free airport shuttle bus. Remembered by receptionist from our previous stay. Gym was empty while we were in it. Water, chocolate, cookies in the room when we warrived. Nespresso machine with four capsules.

Bad - there were only two bath towels and we were three guests. The kettle would not work so my son made a hot choc using the Nespresso machine.....

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid €120 for the three of us which was fine.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Crowne Plaza Zurich

Platinum

Yes, it met our need very well.

Booked Superior King Non- Smoking, upgraded to a Junior Suite

How are the rooms?
Very comfortable. It looked like recently refurbished room on the top floor, with a view over some parkland.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Nothing bad. We accidentally left some documents behind and the staff were very helpful in arranging for them to be couriered overnight to a CP in Paris where we picked them up from the concierge.

The value fro money was excellent given the high cost of everything in Zurich. The hotel also had a 1000 point reward bonus.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
ANA Crowne Plaza Narita

Gold Elite

Yes

Booked 1 single bed mountain side (cheapest), received 2 single bed deluxe airport side

How are the rooms?
Very spacious in Japanese standard, a bit dim at night, good air conditioning, comfortable bedding, aircraft soundproof is okay and Narita Airport has curfew.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Member recognition of 400 welcome points, 2pm checkout, free fitness center access (gym, pool, sauna), 10% off lunch and dinner, in addition to the upgrade
- Effort is made to provide bedside charging with a power cord, which is quite functional.
- Shower control is the temperature/strength type which is convenient.
- A convenience store at the lobby.
- Lobby announcement of shuttle bus departure.

Meh:
- Unfortunately the hotel pool was in maintenance on the week of my stay, and I could only know at check-in.
- Location wise it's technically between Narita Airport and Narita city, and if you miss the shuttle there's little alternative to go to the airport or city.

The rate I paid is okay but maybe I'd try to find one closer to city next time
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:06 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
HIX La Jolla, CA

What is your Priority Club status? Spire/AMB

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Lowest on award. Two room king bed suite top floor with "ocean" view.

How are the rooms? Huge. The couch in the living room is not so comfortable, but the bed was great.

How is the exec. lounge? None

What was good and what was bad? There is some view but this property is across the street and about 2 blocks to the beach with some buildings in the way. The top floor has a good seating area outside-shared-so a pleasant place to sit and watch the sun set if you don't feel like walking down to the bluff overlooking the beach.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Excellent: 25k per night. Good area for walking and not too far from the main downtown area. I like San Diego a little better, but my GF had never been to La Jolla so figured we'd try it.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:24 am

HIE Deming, New Mexico

Spire

Yes

Booked standard suite

How are the rooms?
Basic suite

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
convenience store in lobby

Meh:
nothing to do in the area

The hotel was decent but there was nothing to do in this area
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:14 am

CP Edinburgh Royal Terrace

CP Edinburgh Royal Terrace

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked a double with sofa bed and were upgraded to a massive two bedroom suite with club lounge access.

How are the rooms? HUGE - our suite was L shaped. My room had a king sized bed, a double door walk in wardrobe, two arm chairs with side table and a desk. The minibar was unstocked. My bathroom had a shower over the bath. My son’s bedroom had a double bed and a single wardrobe. His bathroom also had a shower over the bath. Both bedroom windows overlooked the garden.

How is the exec. lounge? This was the tiniest lounge I have visited. It was smaller than our suite. Tea/coffee, soft drinks and snacks (biscuits, crisps, nuts, fruit) were available all day. In the morning there was continental breakfast, with pastries, cold cuts, toast, cereal, yoghurt and fruit. Happy hour was 5.30-7.30pm. There was white, rosé and red wine, some beers plus gin. Canapés were onion bhajis, spring rolls and mini vegetable pasties. There was a trolley with board games and an outdoor terrace with patio heaters for smokers. Yuck.

What was good and what was bad? Good - Free club lounge access. My welcome points posted immediately. We were given a bar voucher as it was my birthday. I had a rhubarb gin and tonic and my son chose Irn Bru! There was a large selection of refreshments in the room, four bottles of mineral water, loads of different teabags, hot chocolate, biscuits etc. Bathrobes and slippers in the wardrobe. Two electric sockets and four USB charging points at the desk. Another four electric sockets in the walk in wardrobe.

Bad - No in room coffee machine. Kettle and instant sachets only. No hair conditioner in the bathroom. The hotel is located a brisk 10 minute walk from the main shopping and entertainment area. Gym equipment is limited but you can burn plenty of calories walking into town.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid with points and would be happy to return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Staybridge Suites Syracuse (Liverpool) NY USA

Staybridge Suites Syracuse (Liverpool) NY USA

Platinum

Yes

Booked "Studio Suite 1 Queen Bed Nonsmoking" at 11:30pm on night of arrival - received upgrade to full 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds
Amenity points posted automatically

How are the rooms?
I have stayed here a few times in the past and this is the first time that I have noticed the hotel finally starting to show some wear. I noticed some worn down fabric on the furniture and a little bit of stains. Also the drawer of the nightstand would not stay closed and the shower head was erratic. It's still nice but it's definitely not as nice as when it was brand new.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A and the complimentary breakfast was not nearly as good as in the past, although the eggs were actually decent. I arrived a half hour before closing and many items had not been restocked plus the counters were messy. Two staff members in the kitchen chatting the entire time I was there.

Good -
  • Great location for highway access - directly in front of the entrance to the Thruway but not loud
  • Tons of free parking
  • Still providing plentiful HOT water in the bathroom
Bad -
  • Starting to feel worn
  • Lackluster breakfast
  • Suite was proportioned strangely; not quite enough space in the bedroom for two beds but living room was bigger than it needed to be
It's only 15k points, so I think it is still a good value but it's not the incredible value it was when it was new.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
Wotton House

Wotton House

Spire Elite

Yes

Standard double, upgraded to Deluxe King
How are the rooms?
This was a great room in the old House rather than the new wing. From looking at the floor plan, no two rooms in this part of the hotel are alike. If you are prepared to accept you're staying in a 17th - 19th century property with few mod cons then you'll be fine. Rooms are well decorated and upholstered.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge.

+ Beautiful location, good for London, Gatwick and not too far from Heathrow.
+ A well converted historical building

- Fitness club pool is only 12M long.
- other reviews caution against staying when there's a big wedding being hosted

Used a free night voucher so value judgement impaired, but do plan to return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Gongkang

Gold Elite

Yes

Booked queen bed standard and received a high floor room (unsure if standard or superior)

How are the rooms?
Spacious and neat, with in room steamer and fast phone charger. Air conditioning was a bit week (prefer to open the window a while to ventilate)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Given some fruits, a pack of snacks and a can of soft drinks at check-in, but they seem to give it to other guest without status too.
- Many Chinese breakfast items such as freshly cooked noodles and dumplings, fried rice and noodles, vegetables etc.
- Self service laundry at 30CNY/wash and 30CNY/drying
- Quiet neighborhood with convenience store within 5 minutes walk

Meh:
- Western breakfast items are a bit weak (but do try Chinese food if you are in China)

The price has made up for the 30-minute metro distance to city center. Will return.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.