Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019

Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:46 pm
dk9

Holiday Inn Kensington Forum London
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum London - Stayed July 2019

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

NO!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

I booked Standard, I received Standard.

How are the rooms?

Old and extremely noisy. Noise form everywhere, the corridors, surrounding rooms (there is no soundproof whatsoever) and outside the trains passing by. The bed is comfortable however.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad? Good:

Location, near the tube.

Bad:

Noisy rooms.
Unhappy and indifferent staff.
No IHG recognition whatsoever: I was not greeted as Spire, I was not offered welcome drinks or points, I was not offered upgrade even though the app showed me as upgraded.. I eventually managed to get my free bottled of water and executive room toiletries but I had to fight for them..
For 1 night stay I had to visit reception 4 times. They messed up everything, from the room bill (3 times) to the room, which I had to change.
Breakfast was bad.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

I paid cash. It was cheaper than other options but terrible value.

Would you return?

God, NO!
FLYGVA and Fims like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:02 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport (New York)

Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport (New York)

Platinum

Yes, barely

1 King Bed Leisure Nonsmoking - no upgrade

How are the rooms?
Worn down. Small stains on the floor and furniture. Air conditioner didn't seem to work quite well enough. But otherwise it was fine. They are advertising new beds but it seemed like any average bed to me.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A... breakfast was fine

What was good and what was bad?

Good
  • Great location, right at the entrance to the airport
  • Nice people
  • Plenty of parking in nice weather, though I have needed to park here in the winter and it was difficult
Bad
  • Surprisingly run down. Stains on the carpet in the halls; elevator dirty, smelly, and banged up... just not in good shape overall
  • No upgrade even though it seemed to be only about half full
  • Did I mention it was run down?

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Got it as a last minute booking as a reward night. It was fine but I would rather stay at the Candlewood next door or the Staybridge in Liverpool. Either is a better value and less beat up.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:02 am

ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto

ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto
Platinum Ambassador
Very much so
Booked a points room at short notice with the disclaimer from the booking that bed preference and non-smoking preference will be based on availability on check-in. Or words to that effect.
However, on check-in received a generous upgrade to one of the recently renovated rooms on the 08th (top) floor which includes access to the 'salon' (small lounge) on the 08th floor. Various vouchers, offering small discounts on breakfast and dinner as well as free access to the gym/pool were also offered. Parking was free.
How are the rooms?
Very nicely renovated, lots of clean light wood and a real spruce up from the generally dowdy look of the rooms when I had last stayed here a few years ago. In room Nespresso, Bathroom was nice too, Toto toilet with the shower in the bath though the shower panel didn't do much of a job of keeping the room dry.
How is the exec. lounge?
This was a nice bonus. It is not a lounge in the sense of an alternative place for breakfast and some canapes in the evening. It was more like a library with an open bar. Ten chairs in a line around 5 small tables. Staff at a desk to help with enquiries. Salon describes it better than lounge.
The upgrade on points is, obviously, the good. But it was a pleasant surprise to see how well they've renovated the rooms and the general upgrade in amenities. Service was always polite and professional.
The 'bad' might be that the upgrades are still ongoing, the 6th floor for instance is closed off and there was noticeable noise, drilling and so on, on a Saturday afternoon. Renewal has not come to the lobby or any of the public spaces, though they have their own charm as they are
Very much so. It was on points, but prices are reasonable especially in a city where the newer Western hotels are way way up the other end of the scale. If you are getting the renewed rooms it's a bargain.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City - July 2019

Spire Elite

Yes.

Superior King booked - Received Deluxe Creek View King

How are the rooms?

Spacious & in very good order but looking a little dated. Great Views.

How is the exec. lounge?

No access given.

What was good and what was bad? Good:

Location, near DXB airport & access directly into the huge Festival City Mall next door.

Bad:

Breakfast was very busy & a little chaotic - staff were helpful but totally rushed off their feet.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Decent value, cash stay.

Would you return?

Yes but its not my first choice.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Holiday Inn Express Puebla, MX

Holiday Inn Express, Puebla, MX

Platinum Elite

Yes.

Booked Standard King, received Standard King. (Asked about upgrading, was advised I would incur an additional charge). However, I was provided with a choice of water or two complimentary snacks.

How are the rooms?
Roomy,and very bright and newly renovated.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Pro: Room was extremely clean. Loved the large powerful shower head. Large bathroom. Choice of pillows. Closet with handles that can be locked with your own cable/lock (which I used).

Con: No sugar or cream packets with coffee stand. Just napkins. I bring my own anyway. No view of the active Volcano Popocatepetl, only from upper floor lounge area or upgraded rooms.

Yes. This 5 day stay will guarantee my Platinum status through next year, and I plan to return to Puebla again.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jul 26, 2019 at 10:13 am Reason: removed rain shower head
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Holiday Inn Express, Everett, WA (USA)

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Given the King standard award booked

How are the rooms? Up-to-date (renovated) with shower (no tub), microwave and fridge, lots of electric sockets (AC and usb), divan and small table. No highway noise or adjoining room issue, lots of light from hallway though made blackout curtains a bit secondary.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

Good: granted 2PM checkout, supermarket and restaurants nearby, breakfast OK but staff very helpful. Amenity points posted shortly after check-in.

Bad: given room directly opposite elevator and ice machine, despite being Spire member with "Away from elevators" in profile.

25K before credit card and Amb rebates not a bad price. AC worked very well on a hot day. So, I'd recommend the place for those needing somewhere between Seattle and Vancouver/Bellingham. Location otherwise not the greatest to be based out of in Everett area.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:50 pm

Holiday Inn Ottawa Downtown - Parliament Hill

Holiday Inn Ottawa Downtown - Parliament Hill

Platinum.

Yes, very.

Booked 2 Queen, given 2 Queen corner room facing Ottawa River on 10th floor (of 11).

How are the rooms?

Hotel is a brand new refurbishment on a quiet side street. Gorgeous building, just opened by IHG in June 2019. New everything.

Chic, expertly designed rooms. 209 sq ft, not large, but enough. King rooms are 249 sq ft. Massive 46" HDTV. New fridge, microwave, 2 large angled mirrors. Expertly-designed lighting. Nice chair/table with a nifty view from corner windows in two directions.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A.

+Wonderful staff.
+Elegant lobby.
+Gorgeous room.
+Comfortable beds.
+Great meals at Gibson's on Queen (next to lobby).
+7 local microbrews on tap at Gibson's.
+Nice part of downtown, easy walk to Parliament, shopping, nightlife etc.
+Fast elevators.

-TV could use more channels (no Sportsnet, FOX news, HBO etc.)
-2 Queens room would be a bit tight for a family with suitcases.

$139/night rate included daily breakfast (2 vouchers good for $13 each, so $26 off the bill) & 2K IHG points. Very reasonable for the summer in Ottawa.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:48 pm

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Ottawa Downtown East

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Ottawa Downtown East

Platinum.

Not at all. Epic failure.

Booked King, given same, no upgrade.

How are the rooms?

Hotel opened in June 2019. New property, so rooms in good shape. Nice bed. Large 46" HDTV. New fridge, microwave. Well designed lighting. Large bathroom, nice tiling. That's where the positives end.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A.

+Hotel is new
+Comfortable beds
+Large bathroom

-Apathetic staff lack training (no welcome, Platinum recognition, upgrade etc.)
-Someone intentionally removed the roller on the back of the office chair, just about flipped over (a first in 000s of hotel stays)
-Neither phone in room worked, can't access plug to wall either
-No guest services guide
-Wrong hours posted at breakfast
-Night guy at front desk a very poor reflection of IHG brand
-This is a party hotel, a 10-minute walk from a plethora of bars
-Pool 1/4 the size of a typical residential pool and 3' deep (why bother having one?)
-Open for 2+ months, building is still unfinished, lacking signage etc.
-Roughest part of town, two homeless shelters and a meth clinic across the street
-Hard to access given one-way streets, always congested King Edward St., and lack of signage
-Only offer forced $25 + tax valet parking on site (and you'll need it in this super-shady area)
-Bombarded for money on each entry/exit (crack addicts camp outside the HIX entrance)
-No maintenance or security on site, nobody knows what they're doing here

$142/night rate and the place is a disaster. Do the Holiday Inn Parliament on the other side of downtown. New, and much, much nicer with proper IHG staff.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:15 pm

Holiday Inn Express Halifax - Bedford

Holiday Inn Express Halifax - Bedford

Platinum.

Yes.

Booked King, given same (hotel was full, thus no upgrade given).

How are the rooms?

Modern, well-designed rooms. King rooms are 249 sq ft. Massive 46" HDTV. New fridge, microwave, space-age futuristic-looking therapist couch, large desk. Expertly-designed lighting. Large, well-lit bathroom with new glass shower and clean tiling.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A.

+Pleasant staff.
+Modern HIX room.
+Amazing channel selection on large 46" HDTV.
+Comfortable bed.
+Large bathroom, hot water within 15 seconds and decent pressure.
+Right off 102 highway.
+Gas, food outlets & NSLC beer store within 200m of hotel.
+12km (12-15 minutes) to downtown Halifax.
+Nice pool, slide & hot tub area.

-Awkward lobby design.
-Elevators can be slow in the morning during breakfast.
-Breakfast area a zoo all 5 days (sports teams take over) - rarely had fruit.
-Parking lot barely large enough for hotel ... always had the furthest spot coming back at 9pm.

$189/night rate is par for the course in Halifax in prime summer season. Fair.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:33 pm

Crowne Plaza - Arlington, TX

Crowne Plaza - Arlington, TX

Platinum.

Yes.

Booked King Suite, given same.

How are the rooms?

In the midst of a major renovation of the entire hotel. Suite has a dated living room upon entry with wet bar, old sofa and desk on their last legs. Bathroom 3/4 done, then separate door to bedroom with very comfortable bed.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A.

+Awesome front desk staff.
+Hotel shuttle very reliable, with friendly drivers.
+Good setup in room with fridge, microwave, wet bar.
+Comfortable bed.
+Hot water within 15 seconds, and decent pressure.
+Free Arlington trolley to all major events (Rangers, Cowboys, concerts etc.)
+Nice pool & hot tub area.

-Entire hotel is under construction, and LOUD from 9am - 7pm daily. This has been going on for over a year, and will not be done until late 2019 or early 2020.
-All rooms face large atrium, thus sound reverberates through all walls.
-Housekeeping never serviced room despite daily removal of DND sign.
-Missing many CP staples: No business centre, no outlets near desk, no free breakfast for Platinums, no laundry (despite saying so online), weak TV signal.
-Major construction on highway 360, CP can be awkward to get to.
-Nothing within walking distance. You need a car here.

$110/night, fair given all the inconveniences.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
London - Indigo Leicester Square

Indigo Leicester Sq - London

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Queen, given Superior room with view of Leicester Sq.

How are the rooms? Simple modern with Deco touches. Street noise from the 5th floor wasn't bad. Probably much worse on the lower floors. The room wasn't small, but didn't have any extra floor space either. Mini fridge, which I prefer to a mini bar anytime. No closet, just a free standing unit with a few open shelves and a bar with hangers. Bathroom has a rainhead shower but the standard half wall for the stall, so water everywhere. Rotary dial phone!

How is the exec. lounge? No lounge

What was good and what was bad? Liked: Location location location! Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Fun vibe. Disliked: Slow elevator! One of two was out of order the entire time. No lobby, just the front desk and hallway to the lifts. Concierge desk is a bar/cocktail table. lol Housekeeping is just adequate. Not convinced they actually changed the towels when they should have, and they kept taking one if my key cards from the power slot.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I balanced out the cost with separate award and paid nights. Sent email in advance, and they linked the bookings so I would not have to change rooms. Just had to get my key card updated. Definitely would stay there again!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Grand Court Nagoya

ANA Crowne Plaza Grand Court Nagoya

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally)happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Booked Standard Room, received Governor Suite. One day before arrival, my upcoming reservation suddenly disappeared from the reservation list due to hotels mistake. Fortunately my reservation have been recovered. I think this room assignment is the compensation of any inconvenience.

How are the rooms?
66SQM. Proper Suite which is separated between living and bedroom. One queen bed (160x200), work desk, 2x 37inch MITSUBISHI LCD TV, DVD player, sofa set, twin basin bathroom, Jacuzzi with view + small HITACHI LCD TV, and independent shower booth.

Video of Governor Suite:

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel does not have exec. lounge.

What was your welcome gift?
None

What was good?
++++++++++ Problem handling
++++++++++ Breakfast (Great local foods)
+++++ Governor Suite

What was bad?
None

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes.

Would you return?
Yes.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Indigo Stratford-Upon-Avon

Hotel Indigo Stratford-Upon-Avon

What is your IHG Rewards Club Membership Level? Spire Amb

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very - best IHG stay this year.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room and received a one bedroom suite.

How are the rooms?

This was a lovely room. Hotel has just opened after a big upgrade and it shows - real attention to detail in fixtures / fittings and design.

Large tiled bathroom with freestanding bath & separate shower, lounge with sofa, large TV, work desk, Handy smartphone, Nespresso machine, bedroom with big bed, wardrobe and second TV. Great A/C.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Whole property is lovely - old Stratford building which has been significantly extended & restored very sympathetically. Bar area has stone floors, lots of different lounge options including outdoor terrace to rear. Great front of house staff, great rooms & spot on IHG recognition. Super location in Stratford upon Avon town centre.

Quality was the hallmark here - glassware in room was sturdy and had a pretty design, rather than cheap hotel feel, towels were fluffy, charging points (both normal and USB) next to bed. Its as if someone had actually thought about guest experience from design stage...!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Yes & I will be back!

FLYGVA, chrism20, turner32 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Aug 27, 2019 at 1:55 am
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame

Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame

Spire

Yes

Booked twin and a double room, received same, but were told we had been upgraded to the Executive Floor (High enough not hear street noise but that appeared to be about it)

How are the rooms?
Standard Parisian (small) room with quite small bathrooms. Good air-conditioning. One of the rooms had a glass partition from the bathroom into the bedroom!

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A (or couldn't find it!)

Good:

- Professional staff with a fast check-in. Was offered welcome amenity: 500 points per room or one drink voucher. Took 1000 points for the two rooms.
- Amazing view from the rooftop bar and sitting area. This is one of the major reasons why we chose this hotel
- Very convenient to Metro and some nice restaurants
- Granted late check-out to 2pm

Bad:
- Nothing really to report

On the high side with 45k points redemption per room; however, well worth it just for the location and rooftop bar! We would return for those reasons.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Skyline; Aug 29, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:49 am

Crowne Plaza Hiroshima

Crowne Plaza Hiroshima
One night weekend stay
Platinum (Ambassador)
Yes.
Booked a King and got a King but because they couldn't upgrade got the club access instead
How are the rooms?
Room was fine, on the side of the building with views, past the air-conditioning units, towards the Peace Park.
Room was well-stocked to the point of feeling cluttered.
How is the exec. lounge?
Perfectly adequate for a drink and snack before dinner. Two hot dishes and a selection of canapes along with the usual beers and wines and spirits. Didn't eat breakfast there. Staff are polite and attentive.
The Good was forgoing the upgrade for the club. Was checking in and was proffered a piece of paper with 3 options on it in lieu of an upgrade. I'm not sure I remember it entirely clearly but you could have the mini-bar, breakfast in the restaurant or the club access. Club seemed the best value.
For Platinums there was a coupon for 15% off in the hotel restaurants and also an offer to take one item from the mini-bar, though I couldn't work out if that was per person per night or not.
Had a nice dinner in the top floor restaurant Le Platine. Haven't been for a few years and it seems they've reformed it to give even better views out towards the port and across to Miyajima.
Bad? Nothing in particular, this is a solid if unspectacular city hotel with much higher than average English skills for the staff.
Rate wasn't overly expensive so yes.
FLYGVA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.