FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1948458-please-post-your-rewards-club-experiences-2019-a.html)

watery May 29, 2019 4:03 am

Holiday Inn Express Hangzhou Huanglong

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked and received Holiday Inn Express Suite in high floor

How are the rooms?
This cheap "Suite" is like a studio apartment but without utensils - a fridge, kitchen hood and a small, unplugged induction cooker is still there, but no cooking utensils or dishes whatsoever, leaving plenty of cupboards around the entrance. Bathroom sink is walk-in/exposed, toilet and shower is separated. The room is not newest looking, but I like the space. Air conditioning is adjustable and strong. Would hope to have a full height mirror given so many space.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- 2pm checkout given and a can of welcome soft drinks.
- Many Chinese breakfast items such as freshly cooked noodles and dumplings, fried rice and noodles, vegetables etc.
- Self service laundry at 20CNY/wash and 20CNY/drying
- Not far away from some shopping malls and West Lake by public bus

Meh:
- Not close to metro and nearby traffic may get congested at peak hours

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value, will return

watery May 29, 2019 5:06 am

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Huacai

Gold Elite

Yes

Booked and received Queen Bed Standard in high floor

How are the rooms?
Reasonably sized and standard HIX equipment.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Very early check-in granted and given fruit plate and soft drinks as member recognition.
- Partnership with nearby fitness center to provide gym and swimming pool, which is a nice facility itself and a lot better than any other HIX offering (but they didn't offer towels which is not related to the hotel)
- Breakfast buffet hall is stylish with wide spread of food type.
- Right above metro (but not directly connected to) and many shops and restaurant

Meh:
- None

Will return for its location and the fitness center.

DavidDTW Jun 2, 2019 9:37 am

Holiday Inn Cherry Creek - Denver

Holiday Inn Cherry Creek - Denver (stayed May 2019)

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed feelings

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Mountain View King.....no upgrade

How are the rooms? In need of updating! Felt like a very old Holiday Inn that was last updated a number of years ago. The shower stall was just that. No tub or door, just a stall with a curtain (and water all over the floor)

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. I was offered free breakfast as the check in amenity, and got it for both days. (And the points auto posted the next day). Breakfast buffet was good and fresh. Parking is questionable. First trip to Denver and the local area is decent, but the garage and elevator entrance made me uncomfortable. The key card entry from the garage did not work and the doors remained unlocked.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Price was right, which is mainly why I chose this hotel. With so many other options in the Denver area, I probably wouldn't stay here again until a renovation is done.

bruce80 Jun 7, 2019 9:27 pm

Hotel Indigo Kaohsiung Central Park

Platinum

Yes

Booked "Special View Room" (2nd highest room category) and received Premier Suite (highest room category)

How are the rooms?
The suite is quite spacious (99 sqm) with a huge bathroom (big free-standing bathtub, separate, very spacious shower, double sink and japanese toilet), an additional guest toilet (also featuring washlet), a bedroom with great view across the park and TV and a (slightly dark, as there are no windows) living room with dining table, sofa and TV. However, it seems that the available suites are not all in the same location within the building, so the layout might vary. The entire design of the hotel looks quite "hipster" on the website, but is much less blatant than I originally feared.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
* nice design of the hotel and the rooms (much nicer and not as hipster as the website might suggest)
* particularly nice rooftop bar, which is reasonably priced
* mini bar with items almost at retail price
* friendly and unobtrusive staff
* perfect location right in the middle of a busy neighbourhood and directly next to metro station

Bad:
There are actually not many bad things to say - the breakfast was actually a bit disappointing, but still ok.

At around 160 USD per night for the non-upgraded room, the rates are actually relatively high for Kaohsiung, but considering the upgrade, it was actually quite a good value. I will definitely return.

R7U Jun 11, 2019 6:52 am

IC Athenaeum Athens

Platinum Elite

I booked a king superior room with points, received a king deluxe room.

How are the rooms?
Room was quiet and recently renovated. Bed was comfortable.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not have access.

Good:
- room was quiet
- Korres bathroom amenities
- heated outdoor swimming pool
- welcome amenity was posted almost immediately

Bad:
- location for tourists is not very convenient but good for conferences because conference center is nearby

Value for points was good. Room was 35k points, otherwise have been around 270 EUR

R7U Jun 11, 2019 7:02 am

Holiday Inn Tampere - Central Station

Platinum Elite

Booked standard room with points, received executive room.

How are the rooms?
Room was modern as this hotel was opened in 2015.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- location in Tampere was good
- executive room includes 2 still waters and 1 sparkling water from the minibar + one chocolate bar, also slippers
- IHG members receive 50% discount for parking in the garage - 9EUR/24h

Bad:
- room windows are not open-able, AC is slow for warm days.

Value for points was good. Room was 20k points, otherwise would have been 150 EUR.

Dieselross Jun 14, 2019 2:54 am

Intercontinental Berlin

Was only Club - eventually took the Ambassador membership and thus now Platinum

Superior room booked - complimentary upgrade to Junior Suite (before the decision to opt for Ambassador!)

How are the rooms?
Really good

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- location is good in center near Ku'damm and still quick drive to TXL on the morning traffic
- 15€ voucher for the lounge bar/restaurant
- parking garage
- exceptional service at check-in
- exceptional breakfast

Bad:
- a bit too loud music played at Marlene bar :)

Value for EUR spent is exceptional for quick overnight stay - price on same level as Mercure Tegel. Will return.

bruce80 Jun 14, 2019 3:59 am

Kimpton Taipei Da'an

Platinum

No, not really

Booked "Standard Suite" (their highest category) and received that

How are the rooms?
The suite is actually not a proper suite, but rather a large room with a seating area behind the entrance and then a double bed separated by a half-height wooden divider. The bathroom spans along the entire side of one room, and is not completely sealed off to the main room. Design looks quite nice, however, there are lots of flaws as to the design. In the end, it felt a bit like "good intentions, bad execution". Please see my full review for more details.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A, however, they are offering a "wine hour" for all guests in the lobby every day, where you can receive complimentary wine and beer.

Good:
* good location right next to the metro station
* small hotel without the annoyances of mass processing
* friendly and helpful staff (but sometimes they go a bit over the top)

Bad:
* There was nothing "really" bad, but my expectations were just not met. Please refer to the full review linked above for details.

At 450 USD per night, the hotel is definitely not on the cheap side. Would probably not return, as there were just too many little flaws, particularly when considering the price.

bruce80 Jun 14, 2019 4:06 am

Crowne Plaza Hongkong Causeway Bay

Platinum

Yes

Booked standard room on points, received executive room (larger corner room)

How are the rooms?
The executive room is located on one side of the building, with views across both Happy Valey and the Morrison Hill Road junction. Basically, the executive room is like their suite, but without the living room. The bathtub is located directly next to the window, with great outside views.

How is the exec. lounge?
The don't have an executive lounge, yet guests booking a club room (called "privilege room" here) will receive free consumtion at the hotel's bar during happy hour (5pm to 8pm)

Good:
* The location just a few 100 m away from Causeway Bay MRT Exit A (Times Square) is definitely one of the main advantages of this hotel
* The hotel is generally kept in a very good state
* Nice and modern decor

Bad:
* The lobby is a bit small and there can sometimes be a bit of a language barrier when interacting with staff
* They seem to have abandoned the idea of providing free mobile phones (including mobile WiFi Hotspot)

At 55K points per night, the hotel is not on the cheap side, but considering the upgrade, I would say it's been a good redemption. I will definitely return, and have done so many times already.

bruce80 Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

Crowne Plaza Paris Republique

Platinum

Well, it was ok.

Booked standard room including breakfast and received just that

How are the rooms?
The rooms are on the small side (which is not surprising for a hotel in an old building), and contain just a minimum of what you can usually expect at a CP. The hotel is currently in the process of refurbishing (with a lot of noise going on along the corridors), and the bathroom of my room had already been refurbished (however, it didn't look like the main room had also undergone refurbishment yet). There was a relatively small shower, a small sink and a toilet, no bathrobes or slippers were provided. The room also doesn't contain a proper desk, so be warned if that's something of importance to you. Additionally, the room faced the Place de la République, so during the day and sometimes during the night, there was a considerable level of noise. As far as I know, the executive rooms face the backyard, so should be quiteter.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't have access.

Good:
Bad:
* High room rate
* Breakfast room was too small for all the people wanting to have breakfast at the same time, and breakfast itself was quite unspectacular
* Refurbishment in progress, and hence we couldn't use the staircase and had to walk detours in other parts of the hotel
* Entrance difficult to find, since it has been moved to the backyard (need to enter the backyard first through a gate, what looks like the main entrance will lead directly into the restaurant and was closed during our stay)
* They didn't seem to be too organized - after dropping our baggage on check-out and retrieving it later, I had to help the receptionist roam through all the baggage in their office in order to point mine out to him

I paid a steep 283 EUR per night including breakfast, and even though we're talking about Paris, that is too expensive for what I got. Will probably not return.

watery Jun 17, 2019 1:13 am

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach

Gold

Yes

Booked standard room in points and received Executive Suite

How are the rooms?
Modern design and functional, two small balconies for living room and bedroom (each may be tight for 2 persons sitting together, so they just put one chair in each), a second washroom (without shower/bath) for the living room, multiple electric outlets & USB, Sea of Spa amenities and capsule coffee machine. Electronic minibar. Only around the bed is carpeted (which I think feels cleaner)

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't think I have access

Good:
- Welcome point or drink at the lobby bar overlooking the beach (voucher states Plat and Spire will get snacks too)
- Executive room welcome amenities include a box of biscuit, some chocolates and 2 bottles of mineral water
- Good condition of public area in general
- Friendly check-in staff
- Convenient access to the beaches with a beachfront entrance

Meh:
- The swimming pool actually opened at 7am while it states 6am on the website (is it because of daylight saving I don't know)
- Location isn't quite near Jaffa and Carmel Market

Good value in points as it seems equally costly in cash for all beachfront hotels there. Will return.

Fims Jul 1, 2019 12:58 pm

HIX Newcastle City Centre

HIX Newcastle City Centre

Spire

Yes

Booked twin room, received twin room (on top floor)

How are the rooms?
Standard European HIX room, was in quite good condition. Smaller side, but functional.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:

- Fast check-in without the queue. Was offered welcome amenity: points or drinks voucher. Took 300 points.
- Got assigned top floor room with a view.
- Plenty of space at breakfast area (but quality of food perhaps could have been better)
Bad:
- None

Considering the location and quality, I think it was well balanced. Would return.

Fims Jul 1, 2019 2:30 pm

Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter

Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter

Spire

Eventually yes.

Booked Deluxe king with sofa bed (from pictures look like corner room on two walls).
At the check in was offered downgrade to Club Queen without lounge access. Was told that size-wise, actually should get upgrade to junior suite, all of which are currently broken (but they are still selling them on the website). Decided to get the room I initially booked, but it was not ready at 1400 (official check-in time). Once it was ready, it turned out to be different than on pictures (rather dark with only narrow window on one wall), so eventually took that Club Queen.

How are the rooms?
The Deluxe King with Sofa bed was dark and gloomy, but quite big. Club Queen was brighter and quite comfortable, but size-wise smaller. All Club rooms are on 6th floor along with Club lounge.

How is the exec. lounge?
Quite decent in UK context. It offers continental breakfast (salmon, ham, cheese, pastries, cereals, juices, fruits) and 2hrs of evening drinks with snacks (2 hot options, plus ham, cheese and veggies).

Good:
- The downgraded room (queen) was of acceptable conditon
- Got lounge access due to the issues (otherwise paid extra)
- Breakfast at main resto (incl. in the rate, excl. when just using club) was quite good
- Internet speed was fast enough

Bad:
- Issues with the rooms.
- White company toiletries were changed to cheaper non-brand alternatives.

Decent value, would return.

Mendor Jul 8, 2019 1:48 am

crowne plaza Moscow - tretyakovskaya

Platinum

Yes

Booked: Standard room
Received: Room with lounge access

How are the rooms?
Good and modern

How is the exec. lounge?
Quite basic

Good: awesome welcome desert in room upon arrival
Bad: construction (road) around the hotel

Definitely would return once construction is completed

Mendor Jul 8, 2019 1:51 am

Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg - Ligovsky

Spire

Yes

Booked: Standard room
Received: Suite (few categories upgrade, wow)

How are the rooms?
Good and modern

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't thins this hotel has one

Great deal if you score upgrade, expensive - otherwise