Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
IC O2

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Cheapest / None though partial view of Thames and O2

How are the rooms?

Superb

How is the exec. lounge?

Did not get access

What was good and what was bad?

Rooms superb bed comfortable.

Sky bar very nice but restaurant service very mixed.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Good
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:04 am

IC Yokohama Grand

IC Yokohama Grand

I booked a standard room with points (55000). I received a standard room.

How are the rooms?

The room was clean. I had a ‘City View’ on the 22nd floor. There were obvious signs of wear and tear to the room and it felt dated. In fact, the white paintwork was turning yellow and had not seen a coat of paint in a good few years. The bathroom was dingy. There was no real water pressure to the shower. There was no shower gel, so had to resort to the bar of soap - it’s funny how you only notice these things when it’s too late.

How is the exec. lounge?

Not included

-Good: The view from the room.

-Bad: The standard of the accommodation, particularly the bathroom. There was no real recognition of status or the Ambassador programme. I didn’t see a dedicated check in area for Ambassadors (if there is such a thing), other than ‘IHG Rewards Check In’. I did receive 600 points to my account after I checked out and a Ą2000 credit. I also asked for a 4:00 pm check-out and this wasn’t an issue.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

It was a busy weekend. I think I paid over and above the usual rate.

Would you return?

No. There are better options locally.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Intercontinental Barclay New York

Intercontinental Barclay New York

Booked a Deluxe King using weekend BOGO voucher. Upgraded to a Premiere King on the 12th floor.

How are the rooms?
Exactly what I wanted: old world charm with like-new quality. For being the 2nd-lowest room category, the rooms were spacious enough for two people (if it had two double beds, it probably would be cramped). The rooms look exactly like they're pictured, if not better. The only complaint is that the bathroom lacked a bathtub (shower stall only).

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't visit

Pros:
  • Everything is holding up well - when they renovated the place, they must have used quality furnishings. There are some minor dings on wood, but that's unavoidable.
  • Even when staying on the 12th floor, getting in/out of the hotel was never a hassle.
  • The Ambassador Desk was very convenient. I never got a corkscrew faster in a hotel.
  • They gave two drink vouchers at check-in, plus a $20 food and beverage credit for ambassadors.
  • Resort fee was waived both nights due to the BOGO rate
Cons:
  • If I booked a rate which charged the resort fee, this would have been a con.
  • The service is still unpolished (not bad, just awkward).
  • The AC struggles to keep the room comfortable (might be a high floor problem).
There are times when rates are downright cheap, in which case, it's a tremendous value (I wouldn't pay for it when it's north of $400/nt). If using IHG points, it is the best 70k option in NYC, but I would probably opt for HY36 at 50k or Hotel Indigo LES at 55k. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, this is my go-to NYC hotel.
FLYGVA and susanc like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
InterContinental London Park Lane

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room for two nights (Ambassador Free Weekend Night) and Classic for one night (IHG MasterCard Free Night). One level upgrade to Deluxe for the BOGO and allowed to stay in it for the free credit card night. The property offered to confirm my upgrade for the last night for 70 GBP with the understanding that I might need to switch rooms to a lower category, but I decided to roll the dice.

How are the rooms? Our deluxe room was a corner room on the second floor, with views of the Apsley House and Wellington Arch (the latter hidden by a large horse chestnut tree). Being so low, there was a fair amount of traffic noise but not enough to disrupt our sleep. There are renovations underway and on the last morning, I could hear some hammering in the room above us, but we were already awake. Water pressure in the bath/shower was at firehose level; there's even a sign to warn guests that the tub fills quickly. Furnishings were very pleasant and fresh and the mattress was quite firm.

FWIW, another FTer with Ambassador status was given the same room using his free credit card night about a month prior.

How is the exec. lounge? We decided to splurge and pay for Club access and was glad we did. We didn't experience any crowding during the times we visited, despite the hotel being sold out (that being said, the construction likely has a significant number of rooms out of service). The lounge staff were all pleasant and attentive; we arrived rather late so checked in at the Front Desk but used the lounge agent for additional services during our stay and settling our folio and checking out. Breakfast items were plentiful and fresh and we enjoyed Afternoon Tea each day.

What was good and what was bad? Good - Room upgrade, Club experience, 4 p.m. late checkout, allowed to use premium internet for no charge (I hit 100 mps upload/download using a wired connection), friendly and professional staff, great location. Ł15 off restaurant mini-bar or room service plus two bottled waters each day for Ambassadors. Bad - some noise from traffic and ongoing renovations.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Very good value for BOGO cert; extremely good value for Credit Card cert. The Club access price is extremely high but we felt we received enough benefits to justify the cost. We would certainly stay here again, if able.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room for two nights (Ambassador Free Weekend Night) and Classic for one night (IHG MasterCard Free Night). One level upgrade to Deluxe for the BOGO and allowed to stay in it for the free credit card night. The property offered to confirm my upgrade for the last night for 70 GBP with the understanding that I might need to switch rooms to a lower category, but I decided to roll the dice.

How are the rooms? Our deluxe room was a corner room on the second floor, with views of the Apsley House and Wellington Arch (the latter hidden by a large horse chestnut tree). Being so low, there was a fair amount of traffic noise but not enough to disrupt our sleep. There are renovations underway and on the last morning, I could hear some hammering in the room above us, but we were already awake. Water pressure in the bath/shower was at firehose level; there's even a sign to warn guests that the tub fills quickly. Furnishings were very pleasant and fresh and the mattress was quite firm.

FWIW, another FTer with Ambassador status was given the same room using his free credit card night about a month prior.

How is the exec. lounge? We decided to splurge and pay for Club access and was glad we did. We didn't experience any crowding during the times we visited, despite the hotel being sold out (that being said, the construction likely has a significant number of rooms out of service). The lounge staff were all pleasant and attentive; we arrived rather late so checked in at the Front Desk but used the lounge agent for additional services during our stay and settling our folio and checking out. Breakfast items were plentiful and fresh and we enjoyed Afternoon Tea each day.

What was good and what was bad? Good - Room upgrade, Club experience, 4 p.m. late checkout, allowed to use premium internet for no charge (I hit 100 mps upload/download using a wired connection), friendly and professional staff, great location. Ł15 off restaurant mini-bar or room service plus two bottled waters each day for Ambassadors. Bad - some noise from traffic and ongoing renovations.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Very good value for BOGO cert; extremely good value for Credit Card cert. The Club access price is extremely high but we felt we received enough benefits to justify the cost. We would certainly stay here again, if able.
What was the cost to get Club access per day?
Old May 6, 2019, 4:22 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by konaflyer
What was the cost to get Club access per day?
As of May, 2019 the rate for Ambassadors is 110 GBP per day; the rate for non-Ambassadors is 145 GBP per day. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ad-merged.html
Old May 8, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Bali

Booked standard club upgraded to duplex club suite
How are the rooms?
REcently refreshed so very nice.
How is the exec. lounge?
I loved this lounge. Good selection of cocktails at evening canapes as well as wines etc. Plated hot canape options, usually 4 from memory. Small selection of food at buffet, great cold meats. Some nights staff were a bit slower than others but not too bad.
Loved the club pool. Loved the spa. Loved the beautiful grounds. Nothing bad.
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return
we stayed on a stay 3, pay 2, so yes good value. This was our 2nd trip to this hotel and I would happily return again.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Intercontinental Nanjing

Intercontinental Nanjing

As PA, booked King Bed Superior With City View and upgraded to King Bed Superior With Lake View

How are the rooms?
Room is spacious, clean, and has an excellent lake view,

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

good: great location; a huge spread of breakfast as a complimentary benefit for PA in mainland China; attentive staffs.
bad: Hotel SPA and Restaurants are slightly expensive. You can easily find better alternatives in the adjacent shopping mall.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return
One of the best hotels in Nanjing in terms of location and service. Definitely return.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by dagangwood; May 14, 2019 at 8:12 pm Reason: Add Title
Old May 15, 2019, 7:45 am

IC Park Lane

I booked a standard room with points (70000). I received an Executive on the 5th floor. (3 cat UG)

How are the rooms?

One of my favs in this property. Far corner overlooking Park Lane. Narrow entry hallway with a mirrored wall and sideboard on your left, followed by the wardrobe which faces the wide passage where you have windows with a view, then a wall with a work desk, toilett door behind. Then comes the bedroom with large windows, sofa for two and a double bed. Clean, fresh and comfortable.
How is the exec. lounge?

Not included, but the Ł110 discounted rate for AMB as two persons made sense as you get the Afternoon Tea, evening snacks and bottomless Champagne. The breakfast is fantastic also. So for two people the fee is worth if having some drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning.

-Good: Everything. They gave as a very generous upgrade, and my soon decade long loyalty was rewarded.

-Bad: Perhaps the room is showing a tiny bit of wear, however it is due to be refurbished. But no, nothing bad really.
Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes, excellent. But I doubt a non regular AMB would get the same upgrade. I've stayed probably 100 or so nights in this hotel.

Would you return?

Of course. Next week
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Thumbs up IC Sofia

IC Sofia
How are the rooms?
Upgraded to an Executive Suite (I think). A huge lounge area with its own toilet, then a good sized King bed bedroom. This had it's own en suite with a two sink bathroom, great shower, bath and toilet (with own door). Decorated to a high standard, in very good condition.
How is the exec. lounge?
N/A - didn't use
Good: Size of room, quality of décor, good firm mattress. Double sink bathroom. Great shower.
Bad: No price list for minibar. Had a bottle of wine anyway and wasn't badly stung. View of fairly run-down street (opposite side of hotel to cathedral). First world problems.
Stayed on points - I think it was a special offer. 15,000 points a night - great value. Would certainly return to this hotel. Not that much to do in Sofia, but would use as an overnight if there were cheap long-haul flights...
FLYGVA and koriobg like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
IC Los Angeles Downtown

King Suite -> Executive Suite
How are the rooms?
Nice big room but I am surprised they called this a suite given there was zero doors apart to the corridor..
How is the exec. lounge?
no access
Good: Size of room and views, 4pm checkout was suggested proactively. $20 credit to be used
Bad: Surly front desk staff
For a "suite" the value was okay. All in all not sure I would stay again.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by remymartin; Aug 13, 2019 at 3:27 pm Reason: misspelled hotel name
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:41 am

Thumbs up

Intercontinental Budapest

Booked a "King executive with river view" using a weekend BOGO voucher. Upgraded to a "Deluxe king executive with river view" on the 6th floor.

How are the rooms?
The room looked exactly as advised & pictured : LARGE enough for two (king size bed + sofa bed), neat and with a striking view on the Danube as well as Buda's hill and its Castle. Bathroom could be a bit larger though (one relatively small washbasin, one bath and WC within ca. 4 sqm)

How is the exec. lounge?
Just great!
  • Appearance : seemed to be recently refurbished, very comfortable and classy, nice view again but not as nice as in our room (1st floor with some trees partly masking Buda), not crowded (it was the first week-end of June, no idea during week days)
  • Food : great breakfast buffet with a cook dealing with your egg preference ^, cold bites during the day, very good and relatively diverse hot & cold buffet in the evening
  • Drinks : still / sparkling water, fruit juices, soft drinks and beers throughout the day, red, white and sparkling wine as well as spirits in the evening
  • Service : extremely nice and helpful personel, convenient check in / out, taxi booking...

Pros:
  • The hotel location : it cannot be more central!
  • Quick and efficient check in with clear explanations provided (the upgrade, 4pm late check out, the 20$ F&B credit, lounge operations...)
  • The room and its view
  • The lounge
Cons:
  • Bathroom was too small - really to write something in the "Cons" section.
Absolutely!
FLYGVA, Irons80, pretzlaff and 1 others like this.

Last edited by schlegfr; Jun 7, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Geneva

IC Geneva

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a superior room and upgraded to a deluxe room.

How are the rooms? Comfortable bed and sofa. Dressing area in the space between the bedroom and bathroom. Nespresso machine with assorted capsules. Dark bathroom with shower over the bath.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? We were given a handful of toblerones on check in and check out. Award stay and received the $20 restaurant credit. Bottled water in the room.

Bad - the pool area is being remodelled and was closed.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? 45K points seemed like good value compared to cash rates.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
IC Osaka

IC Osaka

Booked: Standard Room (points)
Received: Corner room

How are the rooms?
Excellent, perhaps the nicest non-suite IC room I've stayed in. The room had separate bed and desk areas laid out in a connected, L-shaped space (with large windows in both areas). Modern bathroom with the shower room having a glass partition with the bed area. Long entrance hallway made the room feel very private. The room felt fresh and modern.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

Good: Excellent room, great check-in staff/concierge. Proximity to Osaka station.
Bad: Immediate neighborhood/block wasn't particularly scenic.

Well worth 60,000 points, excellent hotel. Actively scheming for opportunities to return.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
IC Chicago Magnificent Mile

IC Chicago Magnificent Mile (January 2019)

Booked standard room; upgraded from Grand Tower to Executive Tower.

How are the rooms?
The Executive tower room was larger and felt newer than the Grand Tower rooms I've stayed in in the past. Shower/bathtub combo is always disappointing; bathroom could use an update.

How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

A pretty mediocre stay. Nothing to complain about, but nothing exciting to write about.

Could have done slightly better quality-wise for the price at nearby hotels. Sticking with IHG, all three Kimptons are much nicer. I'd stay here again if it really helped me out in one of IHG's Accelerate/gamified promotions, but otherwise I'd stay elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.